• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's because Nintendo wanted the game to he released before E3, but the content wasn't finished before release, so they locked it and decided to release it down the line.
Oh, I know. That's why it kinda bothers me sometimes. I would have much rather had all the stuff from the August update at launch (especially private lobbies!!).

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Octobrush Noveau is going to solve the only complaint I have about the Octo which is the poor range options. It'll 100% become my main upon release.
I love the Octobrush as it is, the Noveau will only solidify my like of the weapon... and I generally don't like the brush, and roller weapons.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Ok, was able to actually see it by zooming out.

Man, the Bamboozler is weird. I feel like they are trying to say the subs and special are suppose to be it's more downside. I mean, it has more range than the Squiffer, so I'm guessing you use either the Squiffer or bambozzler for different subs and specials. The New Squiffer's inkzooka and the Classic one's Bubbler are really good.
The Bamboozler's downside is that it cant splat in one shot, it does 80 damage at full charge

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It's because Nintendo wanted the game to he released before E3, but the content wasn't finished before release, so they locked it and decided to release it down the line.
It has a lot to do with making sure there is an active online community s well because most multiplayer focused games have their user base drop significantly after release only spiking for short times after DLC is added. They were trying to curb that and they also didn't know how well Splatoon would sell so they had to make sure that even if a smaller amount of people bought it that it would still be functional since 70% of the game is online.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The content was finished before release, that's why it's on the disc.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The content was finished before release, that's why it's on the disc.
We do know now for sure that some content wasn't finished and will be true DLC in August. But yeah it was a definite decision on there part to lock some content away. I think it worked out in the long run.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
That Carbon Roller Deco is absolutely delicious, I don't know how to feel about the Bamboozler's though.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Updated the table.
Next guess: H-3 Nozzlenose to mix things up and probably Luna Blaster Neo.
Even though the patch comes out this week, I doubt they'll start introducing weapons from that until at least next week so people can get used to them.

florence

Full Squid
more nozzlenoses!? this makes me so happy!

and the "bamboozler" seems interesting, is that the minigun?

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Updated the table.
Next guess: H-3 Nozzlenose to mix things up and probably Luna Blaster Neo.
Even though the patch comes out this week, I doubt they'll start introducing weapons from that until at least next week so people can get used to them.
I was thinking Carbon Roller Deco next, because we need Seeker Rush out in the playing field already.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
I was thinking Carbon Roller Deco next, because we need Seeker Rush out in the playing field already.
Yea, but we just got the Inkbrush N which is technically a roller :\
more nozzlenoses!? this makes me so happy!

and the "bamboozler" seems interesting, is that the minigun?
It's a "light" charger that supposedly can't one-shot anything.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yea, but we just got the Inkbrush N which is technically a roller :\

It's a "light" charger that supposedly can't one-shot anything.
It's charge time better make that worthwhile. Isn't it high in mobility? Maybe you can charge and run at normal speeds?

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
It's charge time better make that worthwhile. Isn't it high in mobility? Maybe you can charge and run at normal speeds?
Yea, it's supposed to be super mobile in exchange for one-shot. Judging by params, it takes 20 frames to fully charge whereas E-liter takes 100

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yea, it's supposed to be super mobile in exchange for one-shot. Judging by params, it takes 20 frames to fully charge whereas E-liter takes 100
I wonder what the squiffers frame data for their charge is because they would be the next 'step' up. I wonder if you can one shot with them if you are really really close kinda like how the carbon rollers can't roll over someone and kill them and to splash and kill them you have to be fairly close.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Squiffers are 45 frames to full charge.
Sweet so these things are going to be so speedy. Guess it will be the charger for people with poor aim/who don't go for kills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom