• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Can't wait for that Carbon Roller Deco. A roller with seekers? Now we're talking...
Seekers/Seeker Rush will be annoying on a few maps like Port. But taking away Burst Bombs removes the Carbon's sole option against height advantages. On a weapon with barely any range, that's going to hurt.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Some where in the some datamined files of splatoon right before the august update hit. I think it's on /r/splatoon somewhere, but I can't find it right now.
Huh. Based on grouping I would have thought Charger. I guess the bucket needs more variety right now.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Seekers/Seeker Rush will be annoying on a few maps like Port. But taking away Burst Bombs removes the Carbon's sole option against height advantages. On a weapon with barely any range, that's going to hurt.
Yeah, the CRD's big strength will be maps with little to no elevation change, like Port Mackerel and ESPECIALLY Kelp Dome. I can also see it having a big impact on places with fairly compact zones like Bluefin Depot and Saltspray Rig.

I actually just realized that we have only four new weapons unreleased; the Rapid Blaster Pro, the Tri-Slosher, the BigBall_Launcher thingy (heavy hitting but slower Slosher), and the Hydra Splattling. The rest are all customized variations of other weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I'm noticing no one is hype for the Slosher deco, it'll be a nice alternative to the .96 deco in Tower Control, it'll basically be height advantage the weapon.

Last edited:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I''m noticing no one is hype for the Slosher deco, it'll be a nice alternative to the .96 deco in Tower Control, it'll basically be height advantage the weapon.
You kidding? I'm absolutely excited, as someone who can't use the .96 Gal Deco to save my life.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I''m noticing no one is hype for the Slosher deco, it'll be a nice alternative to the .96 deco in Tower Control, it'll basically be height advantage the weapon.
I guess you didn't see my post then. :L

The only issue I have with the regular Slosher is while it has a great sub, the special is meh. The Deco fixes that by having both a great sub and special. However I don't think it'll outclass the regular that simply. With strength ups Burst Bombs are so good at finishing off foes after a Slosher hit and I can't give that up completely. Basically the regular is more offensive while the deco is more defensive so I'll just switch between based on what style I feel like playing at the time.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I guess you didn't see my post then. :L

The only issue I have with the regular Slosher is while it has a great sub, the special is meh. The Deco fixes that by having both a great sub and special. However I don't think it'll outclass the regular that simply. With strength ups Burst Bombs are so good at finishing off foes after a Slosher hit and I can't give that up completely. Basically the regular is more offensive while the deco is more defensive so I'll just switch between based on what style I feel like playing at the time.
I disagree regarding subs. Sloshers are already hard to approach in my experience, so Splash Wall seems redundant to me

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I disagree regarding subs. Sloshers are already hard to approach in my experience, so Splash Wall seems redundant to me
What makes Sloshers harder to approach than any other weapon? Infact I'd say it's only the opposite given the low fire rate and only decent range. Regardless it's undeniable that the Slosher will get pushed into especially since it has enough range to force many weapons to approach, so the Splash Wall will be just as useful there. Of course it's many other uses still apply such as helping yourself approach, blocking off passageways, shielding teammates, and so ons. Nothing redundant about that!

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
What makes Sloshers harder to approach than any other weapon? Infact I'd say it's only the opposite given the low fire rate and only decent range. Regardless it's undeniable that the Slosher will get pushed into especially since it has enough range to force many weapons to approach, so the Splash Wall will be just as useful there. Of course it's many other uses still apply such as helping yourself approach, blocking off passageways, shielding teammates, and so ons. Nothing redundant about that!
tru that. I've always thought of the splash wall as more of an assist tool.

NNID
ALazarte
Nintendo EAD has a weird timeline for releasing these weapons. Coding for all these unreleased stuff on our splatoon discs make it seem like its really prone for someone like nwplayer to do this. which is fine to what to expect in terms of free content. I'm at least glad they are not b.s. ing on locked disc content like what capcom did with street fighter 4 *shudders*

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Know what I'm hype for? Do yah?

Killer Wail is great, don't get me wrong, Long Distance shots at Rainmakers or Funneling the Tower is great help; Neo Sploosh-o-matic with the Kraken is going to Break Rainmaker for me entirely. I get my Main weapons's Clutch Defense attached to my Obnoxiously atrong 3-hit splat SPLOOSH.

Know what I'm NOT hype for?
The Heavy Splatling piggybacking the same sub/special as the gun i look forward to.

Oh, and Zink Mini Splat is gonna make Turf Wars hella fun.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Know what I'm hype for? Do yah?

Killer Wail is great, don't get me wrong, Long Distance shots at Rainmakers or Funneling the Tower is great help; Neo Sploosh-o-matic with the Kraken is going to Break Rainmaker for me entirely. I get my Main weapons's Clutch Defense attached to my Obnoxiously atrong 3-hit splat SPLOOSH.

Know what I'm NOT hype for?
The Heavy Splatling piggybacking the same sub/special as the gun i look forward to.

Oh, and Zink Mini Splat is gonna make Turf Wars hella fun.
Hah, don't worry, I'm sure most will stick with the regular Heavy Splatling, atleast I'll still use it more than the Deco as I'd rather have a great sub than a great special since subs are more accessible. Even it was the more popular variant, why should you even care? :L

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Hah, don't worry, I'm sure most will stick with the regular Heavy Splatling, atleast I'll still use it more than the Deco as I'd rather have a great sub than a great special since subs are more accessible. Even it was the more popular variant, why should you even care? :L
Haha, wouldn't so much as care as i would feel that "he has what i've got" kinda spite since they'll both have Point Sensor/Kraken. To be quite honest, though, I'm kinda sad that these weapons may end up the last that are created. If not, bueno, but if so, theres going to be a deep sadness knowing the variations now bottleneck into the Meta Game filter (aka, no nee weapons to cause ripple effect, top weapons become top, others forgotten, ect.)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Haha, wouldn't so much as care as i would feel that "he has what i've got" kinda spite since they'll both have Point Sensor/Kraken. To be quite honest, though, I'm kinda sad that these weapons may end up the last that are created. If not, bueno, but if so, theres going to be a deep sadness knowing the variations now bottleneck into the Meta Game filter (aka, no nee weapons to cause ripple effect, top weapons become top, others forgotten, ect.)
I don't think that'll be a problem, most weapons are perfectly viable, and even the ones I don't think are that great have still seen success. Of course some are going to be used more than others, that will forever be the case, but forgotten entirely? Nah!

We really need the tri-slosher. It's going to be another bucket, which we only have one of at the moment.
Honestly I keep forgetting that weapon exist lel. So the Disruptor/Bubbler set is not exclusive to the Zink Mini, but I think the latter will do it better simply because it has more range. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Big Ball Launcher as they both have similar range. The Big Ball presumably 1-shots, but has half the fire-rate of the Tri Slosher. Imo this trade off isn't worth it for the Nozzlenoses, but the 1-shot should be easier to land than with the H-3. Big Ball also has slightly more range than the Tri, and it's sets include Splat Bombs or Inkzooka giving it ranged options thus making it more versatile.

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Sad to see there's a huge lack of Custom Hydra love. After seeing it in action on a certain someone's Twitter, I must say I am extremely ready for that weapon. Bubblers are absolutely broken, and sprinklers provide both distractions as well as have an extended hitbox allowing you to have a sort of barrier while charging. It shoots far as heck as well as kills in 4 hits w/o damage ups. It may take a little while longer to charge, but not enough to warrant it unsuable. I feel like I may REALLY enjoy it when we finally do get it. Sad to know we will be waiting quite a long time before we get that.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Sad to see there's a huge lack of Custom Hydra love. After seeing it in action on a certain someone's Twitter, I must say I am extremely ready for that weapon. Bubblers are absolutely broken, and sprinklers provide both distractions as well as have an extended hitbox allowing you to have a sort of barrier while charging. It shoots far as heck as well as kills in 4 hits w/o damage ups. It may take a little while longer to charge, but not enough to warrant it unsuable. I feel like I may REALLY enjoy it when we finally do get it. Sad to know we will be waiting quite a long time before we get that.
Sprinkler also allows it to build Bubbler very quickly, so that's going to be extra annoying.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm sure everyone just already knows it'll be good, I mean it's basically a Charger afterall, only there's no laser and it's rapid fire so easier to kill and spread ink with! Bubbler only makes it more fearsome as with it charged you can push forward without fear, and it covers that long charge time weakness.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Don't need to remind me, I'll get to it when I have time :P Usually within a day that it comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom