• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

March Splatfest: Chicken or Egg first? (NoA+NoE)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's that time, our next Splatfest: Which came first, chicken or the egg?

And this one will be a joint NoA & NoE regions fest!

And while we're at it, might as well use this lil thread here will be our check-in station. Discussion, LFG, salt, pics, etc.

So anyone got some nice Square pics they wanna share?

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I'll say this much: Before the chicken&egg, there were squids!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If we are going to get the same station as the JP splatfest just did, it's going to be pretty interesting. Parts of the stage itself will seal off during parts of the match, meaning they can no longer be inked over. This will either a fun stage or a really frustrating one, guess I'll figure that one out next weekend!

Going to settle on team chicken purely for the ink color, just like everyone else probably. I'll use this exclusive ink color as an opportunity to take some more pics!

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I picked egg; mainly because I love my eggs scrambled with pepper sprinkled in and with a side of grits and Orange Juice. :rolleyes:

Windstar

Pro Squid
I picked egg; mainly because I love my eggs scrambled with pepper sprinkled in and with a side of grits and Orange Juice. :rolleyes:
Is a like but a pre-coded response to how one shall interact with things that which exist?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I picked Team Chicken for the white ink. I fell in love with the color after seeing Japan's Splatfest (Lemon Tea VS. Milk Tea) and I joined Team Mayo for the same reasons. (Even though it was more of a yellow-ish white)

It's a shame certain colors will never be in regular matches such as red and white because they honestly look very nice on the field and the color changing clothing looks interesting with them.

Padre

Pro Squid
I probably wont have time to play, but I guess I would side team egg.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Egg, cause logic prevents me from ever picking the other.
The chicken came from the egg, the egg came from the animal that is one evolutionary step away from the chicken and therefore is not a chicken.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Special "Thank You!" to @Cyan for posting a Shifty Station video from Silver's channel.

The next Shifty Station has three areas (two on the sides, one in the center) with domes over them that drop down (sides around 1:45~1:40, center 0:45~0:40) to cordon off the space. Once they're down the area is locked but a super jump pad does appear to let you out.

Unless you can super jump to a teammate or beakon inside a dome then its turf remains the color of who inked it last.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Chicken Curry
Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken Salad
Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Sammich
Chicken Noodle Soup
Kentucky FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIED CHICKEN!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Should add a poll, though it's looking like egg is more popular.

Padre

Pro Squid
It is going to be close one as it is unanswered question for reason. :)
Good luck to both sides!

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Wouldn't it make more sense for the colors to be reversed? Most eggs are white, "eggshell" is even a commonly-used name for an off-white color. And baby chickens are yellow.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is going to be close one as it is unanswered question for reason. :)
Good luck to both sides!
It's not really an unanswered question, since most players seem to interpret the question as a logical one, and thus Egg would be correct.

Really, I don't think it's going to be close, and the only reason it's not going to be a 9-to-1 popularity win for Egg is because of the white ink. If it weren't for that, 99% of the people on team Chicken would be either Pearl fans who ignore the question altogether and people who just choose to make it a food-related question.

Padre

Pro Squid
It's not really an unanswered question, since most players seem to interpret the question as a logical one, and thus Egg would be correct.
Depends from the logic I guess, but yes, people just pick one side for whatever reason, and that is the way it should go. :)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Normally I would argue that the way it 'should' go is that people stick to the theme and don't vote based on Squid Sister/Off the Hook member or ink color, but considering that it would be an extremely one-sided fest otherwise I'm glad they at least made Chicken a novelty color.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812

Really, I don't think it's going to be close, and the only reason it's not going to be a 9-to-1 popularity win for Egg is because of the white ink. If it weren't for that, 99% of the people on team Chicken would be either Pearl fans who ignore the question altogether and people who just choose to make it a food-related question.
Or people who like the ink color, or want to be on the unpopular team so they’re not paired against their own team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom