Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Undr

Yes, I hate it! I'm not actually the biggest fan of that track anyway. It's probably my least favourite visually, but also in terms of gameplay because of the traction. Also the Animal Crossing track during winter. I love what the Slick/Cyber Slicks look like, but those two really make me feel like I'm not in control. Mount Wario had the same problem too, but that was ice and snow so it was expected.

I still love the Animal Crossing track though. That and Wild Woods are my favourite two for this DLC pack. 200cc mode is a blast too, but it's somewhat jarring getting used to brake drifting after being so used to the game for almost a year. I'm glad a lot of people are using lightweights for 200cc though. It's a shame that heavyweights are 'better' in 50cc all the way up to Mirror because they have the best speed stats, so it's nice to see the roles essentially reversed. ;)

Would love some more characters in the future. I miss Dry Bones. :(
I've been using the fastest combinations since release. I really feel that along with these tracks came some balancing we weren't told about. Slicks seem much more, well, slick than they ever have before. And not just on the new tracks. I've had to change how I take my turn through the woods on Mount Wario. A track I've had down mechanically to a tittle. It's tempting me to rework my build, but in the end handling can be compensated with good driving. Speed can't.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
200 cc is pretty great, I enjoy it a lot. On 150 I go Waluigi on Mr Scooty/Cyber Slick/Golden Glider, but on 200 I go Villager (F) on Blue Falcon/Cyber Slick/Gold Glider, the difference in drifting style makes all the difference imo. Still got nothing on F-Zero GX speed wise though, that game has no equal in terms of sheer speed.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I've been using the fastest combinations since release. I really feel that along with these tracks came some balancing we weren't told about. Slicks seem much more, well, slick than they ever have before. And not just on the new tracks. I've had to change how I take my turn through the woods on Mount Wario. A track I've had down mechanically to a tittle. It's tempting me to rework my build, but in the end handling can be compensated with good driving. Speed can't.
Yeah, I managed to get used to my setup as well. I preferred the indrift bike, slick/cyber slick and then usually the flower glider because it didn't obscure my view as much as the other gliders. Plus most gliders share the same stats anyway, it seems. It does feel a little different after the update, but to be honest I don't want to change up te set because I like how my combo looks. I might have to in the end, but we'll see. As much as I love the different stats, it's a huge pain at the same time.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Now i just hope they continue the trend and announce pack 3 & 4 during/after E3. (Kirby, Warp Star pwetty plz)
:scared: I really want to see some Kirby's Air Ride stuff in future DLC! I was a bit disappointed this pack didn't have a Kirby track in it

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I want to download the DLC but can't yet because of eShop maintenance. Once I get my hands on it I'll report back on how the tracks feel.

I gave 200cc a go earlier and it went really poorly, just did a single go around on Mushroom Cup, but towards the end I started getting the hang of the whole brake drifting thing. Still need to find a build that works for me, but that has to wait until I have the DLC.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
:scared: I really want to see some Kirby's Air Ride stuff in future DLC! I was a bit disappointed this pack didn't have a Kirby track in it
Kirby Air Ride was and is still one of my favourite games. I think any track from that game would make a wonderful fit for MK8. It's hard to pick a favourite, but part of me thinks a slightly modified version of Checker Knights is probably the most suitable, given the anti-gravity, the actual underwater part, and multiple areas where you can use the glider. I'm making myself really hyped for Checker Knights to be DLC for MK8 now, and I'm going to be so disappointed if it's not.

I want to download the DLC but can't yet because of eShop maintenance. Once I get my hands on it I'll report back on how the tracks feel.

I gave 200cc a go earlier and it went really poorly, just did a single go around on Mushroom Cup, but towards the end I started getting the hang of the whole brake drifting thing. Still need to find a build that works for me, but that has to wait until I have the DLC.
It's really awkward to get the hang of brake drifting from the start, but it's not too bad in the end. There are a lot of tracks where you don't necessarily need it, such as Mario Circuit. I never needed to brake at all and it felt like it lasted less than a minute. Probably did.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
So I got the DLC and cleared both cups just in 50cc. Fun tracks, especially the new ones. Of the returning tracks, Ribbon Road fared the best, while Cheese Land was probably my least favorite of the bunch, for reasons others stated - weird traction, lackluster redesign, just overall didn't have anything new to offer. Animal Crossing may be a new favorite, and I've only seen the summer version.

Villager will have to be my new main as well. Really like all the animations.

Nibroc

rasutosutāman
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I'm interested to see if the big N continues to add DLC to the game. I'm hoping they do; I'd like to see the main Nintendo games continue to get DLC for the expanse of the Wii U's life. Mario Kart DLC till MK9 arrives; it's like printing money! Also, I will explode if they ever announce a Battle Mode DLC (with real maps)

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now i just hope they continue the trend and announce pack 3 & 4 during/after E3. (Kirby, Warp Star pwetty plz)

Oh yes, Kirby Pack, please.

- Kirby and Dedede playable
- The Great Cave Offensive as a track (it looks so pretty in smash)
- Warp Star and a mini Halberd as new 'karts'
- Some veteran MK character not present in MK8, like Bowser Jr. maybe?

Not sure about pack 4. Star Fox themed perhaps? Or Metroid? Or... Splatoon?

The SG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SG9000
This thread feels like 50cc :D

But seriously, while Nintendo is doing an amazing job with the Mario Kart 8 DLC, I'm still sittting here, wondering if they'll add Battle Mode one day...

Last edited:

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
This thread feels like 50cc :D

But seriously, while Nintendo is doing an amazing job with the Mario Kart 8 DLC, I'm still sittting here, wondering if they'll add Battle Mode one day...
Yeah, all that would be needed to fix Battle Mode, in my opinion, is to make arena-like stages. If you do that, then I think Battle Mode would return to its former glory.

The SG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SG9000
Yeah, all that would be needed to fix Battle Mode, in my opinion, is to make arena-like stages. If you do that, then I think Battle Mode would return to its former glory.
Mario Kart 8 | Battle Pack needs to be a thing, because I'd totally buy that instead of Lucas in Smash :D

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Mario Kart 8 | Battle Pack needs to be a thing, because I'd totally buy that instead of Lucas in Smash :D
Yeah, make two Battle Packs; one having a Metroid theme, another having a Star Fox theme. Maybe even a third for Splatoon, who knows? I just hope we get more tracks themed like other Nintendo series, and Metroid and Star Fox are on the top of my list. I just want Samus in MK8. If they can't put in Power Suit Samus they should put in Zero Suit Samus.

Gunship Cart, Meta Ridley motorcycle, Brinstar (or better yet, Zebes) course to race on or for Battle Mode. They could do the same for Star Fox, and since the new Star Fox game is coming out soon, it would make a lot of sense to make a Battle Mode course themed to Corneria or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom