• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga didn't say anything, nor did she make any movements. Frozen to the spot, she observed quietly as Lili attempted conversation with this unknown stranger, breathing deeply in the hopes that another onset of panic wouldn't overtake her. At the least, it seemed this person wasn't focused on her...

Do Nothing

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee
Ash is docilely following Wade

Call: Jax:

Wade was meaning to ask something anyways... like.. where they were going to meet up. He might as well bring up the topic while he was at it. Wade pulled out his shellphone and dialed away.

“Yes?” Jax had picked up the phone nearly immediately. “Are you ready to meet up now, Wade?”

“Yeah, more or less, if that’s the plan.” Wade paused for a moment. “Hey, if we’re dragging Ash along, should I let her grab a weapon, too?”

“That was the intention,” Jax said. It sounded like he was rummaging through some things. “I just need you to make sure she doesn’t try anything too dangerous. Synch to your weapons, just in case. Ah, and don’t worry about Ink Tanks. I’ve got those covered.”

Ink Tanks. Nice. Was just about to ask, Wade thought.

“In that case, no, we aren’t ready, though I don’t think it’ll be that hard to find an Octobrush,” Wade smirked. He would be genuinely surprised if Ash grabbed a different weapon. Too bad he didn’t own one, the trek would be much shorter that way. Wade propped up his charger, taking the cue to synch with it, but not without shooting a question.

“Jax, real quick. Where did you want us to meet next?”

The rummaging stopped and there was a pause. It wasn’t long, so it was probably that Jax was thinking of a good location. “I’ll meet you outside the elevators that lead to the locker rooms. Top floor. That way, I can lead you out of the Tower down a path that doesn’t even skirt the main entrance. You can see through the doors, after all.”

“Elevator, top floor, then to some back entrance. Got it,” Wade listed. He was curious what Jax was picking up.. but he figured he’d find out soon enough. Hmm, actually…

“So, lockers, weapons, gear.” Wade waggled his eyebrows, despite the phonecall making the action obsolete. “So what are you wearing?”

There was a pause. This one wasn’t as thoughtful as the other one. Then finally, there was a sigh on the other end and Jax said, “you do realize those boosts only work inside the arena, right?”

“Heh, I didn’t, actually, but that’s probably useful to know,” Wade snickered. Man, Jax didn’t even skip a beat. “But seriously, what weapon are you grabbing? Unless you’re not tagging along? Close range octobrush plus a splatcharger isn’t a horrible combination.” Team building and strategizing…? Wade could do that all day.

“I’ve been cannibalizing different pieces from weapons, making sure that I had all the options I’d possibly want,” Jax explained, the tinkering sound on the other end continuing. “Unfortunately, it’ll take me some time to deconstruct a lot of these weapons and, as they aren’t built to be modular, many of them are one use.”

He ‘hmmm’d as he realized he hadn’t really answered Wade’s question. “I’m probably going to bring a Deco Gal, most likely .96. Normally, I avoid such weapons, but we’re going to need versatility if you’re going to be long-range and our ally is going to be incredibly close-range.”

He seemed to be going through scenarios in his head as he said, “walls aren’t reusable, so I can’t really take them out of their weapons--that’s mostly bombs--so the Deco’s ability to buy some time, or mount a counterattack should prove invaluable to our set-up…”

It looked like Jax could go on for a while.

“Krakens for days,” Wade joked, though really he was grinning, a bit surprised. No really, Jax didn’t look like he was capable of being rambly and geeky about anything. And by “geeky”, Wade meant, his kind of conversation topic. Jax actually sounded like like a competent tactician.

“I get the shooter-type weapon --since we’re both more support and I’m guessing you knew I’d grab a sniper--,” apparently everyone who’d heard of him, knew he played charger, “--but why go .96? I’d think something more mid range. .52 even.” Wade mused, “Gal’s have a reputation in ranked brackets, but why go with a weapon you don’t usually use?”

“If I picked up an Octobrush or brush in general, we’d all be support,” you could almost hear the shrug. “I don’t like the decrease in mobility, but doubling the Kraken transmogrification can really break through lines. It’s one of the most versatile specials. Besides, I’m familiar with it.”

“The .96 is decent in midrange and long range, and like all Gals, can take someone down in two clean shots. So that’s why I’d prefer a Gal. As for the .96, I like the option to pressure people from afar as well as close up, even if it’s strongest range is in the middle--.52 doesn’t have that option.”

“Double Octobrushes,” Wade stated sarcastically, “would be the best plan. Hilariously terrifying. Terrifyingly hilarious.” He laughed, “both? Both. Anyways, I trust whatever you pick. You actually sound like you know what you’re talking about and... I’m sure you know the stakes better than anyone else.”

“To some extent, I suppose,” Jax said, nonchalantly. “I understand it, but I don’t know what it’s actually like. To lose a big part of yourself, that is.”

A stop. “Have you ever thought about losing a part of yourself so large a piece of your identity that you can’t imagine yourself without it? What would I be if I didn’t seek the truth? If I lost that… I can’t imagine.”

“But that drive is exactly why I’m risking it. Interesting, the paradox, huh?”

“Mm. Isn’t that... exactly the point?” Wade asked impassively. “...Take away what makes people meddle, what makes them ‘themselves’…Two birds with one shot. It’s like getting rid of the person without any of the dirty work. Probably works better that way, too.”

“I understand the ‘why,’ Jax seemed a little frustrated that Wade hadn’t ‘got it’ immediately. Which was odd. Jax seemed like the type to keep his cool. “What I don’t understand is… what then? After that… who would I be?”

Wade stared out at a wall for a moment, not sure what philosophical epiphany Jax was looking for.

“I don’t know,” he finally answered. “Obviously… missing part of your identity. Maybe left a former shell of yourself, maybe residually confused and lost.” He blinked, “And then you’d recreate your identity without these pieces and just be someone… completely different.”

“I suppose so,” Jax said, “but the other people I found… they seemed broken. I don’t want to be broken.”

Wade felt those words dig deep; he was at a loss of his own words. “No one does,” Wade managed to breathe. His chest felt tight, --edgy, drama journalist was possibly just as inkling and scared as he was-- but Wade curled his hand into a fist and exhaled, letting all the tension in his shoulders drop.

“...So then… let’s not let them down.” Wade could feel himself, somehow, start to smile with a renewed resolve. “Everyone ....didn’t go as far as they did to have all of this dropped and forgotten. So we’ll be the last people to carry the baton.” The bits and pieces “broken” Simone remembered? They wouldn’t go to waste.

“I know. I understand.” Jax said these, as most things, calmly. “We will make this work.” The tinkering sound began again as the boy finished with, “I’ll meet you at the top of the elevator.”

Almost as an afterthought, before he hung up, Jax said, “thanks.”

@Banshee and @xCoCo Coco has 1 credit.

Confluence: Do nothing

"Yeah, I'm Aelia, and I'm here to grab--"

"Aelia!" Brutus seemed to have noticed the girl by now and ran, jumped and hugtackled her to the floor. "Aelia Oy was so scared that Oy wouldn' see ya again!"

"Brutus--"

"But these nice ladies--well, one of 'em is nice, I dunno about the other, but she has cool hair--"

"Brutus--!"

"But anyway, they took care of me and 'elped me find ya and we waited and here ya--"

"Brutus!" He finally seemed to actually notice what was going on. At this point, Lili had put her hands down and Alga was beginning to back away from the situation warily. For good measure, she still had her hands in the air, though she was edging closer to her case. "Brutus, let go of me!"

"Oh," he said, still hugging her crushingly. "Oh!" He let go.

"Geez, how many times do I have to tell you..." she went on to lecture him about various things from hugging to running off to grabbing electrical wires. But all the while she had a smile on her face. And all the while, she never took her hands of the Splash-o-Matic. Every once in a while she'd glance back at the two Inklings with a measured stare.

They stood and watched, though Lili had a grin plastered on her face and Alga still seemed a little puzzled with the situation.

Finally, Aelia stopped scolding Brutus and turned to Lili and Alga, bowing one at a time. "It seems you've taken care of my oaf of a friend while he's tripped over himself. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

@lonelyrollingsquid 2 Credits

Kiki continues looking around.

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits

Autopilot

Maybe it would be best to try and avoid them... The baddies didn't seem to yet know where Eric was, so he figured that they best course of action would be to continue to go down the steps cautiously. Still, he pointed his .52 Gal's barrel at the entrance. Can never been too careful.

"Come on," a voice said, "we're wasting time. We've gotta get out of here." There was no response, but there was a sound of footsteps leaving his room.

Each step was filled with nerves and filled with questions. Who were those people? What had they wanted? Where did they come from?

Where do I go from here?

Eric stood in his garden, a veritable fortress of trees and bushes lined up and carved to beautiful geometrical shapes. It was beautiful... but it was lonely. His parents were probably gone. What would he do?

@VeryButter

Go To: Train

You'd think it would be harder to sneak onto a train with a gigantic crowd around it. Turns out it's not.

The police were so caught up with trying to keep the crowd in line and the crowd so caught up in complaining to the police that Magabelle managed to slip under the police tape quietly and walk stealthily to the train. Some people yelled about her but the police paid them no mind over the other people yelling at them for the inconvenience no one could help.

Pressing the manual open button, the doors slid open. It seemed the train was fine. Magabelle crept in and looked for... the... inkling...

They didn't appear to be hiding at all. The inkling, clearly male, simply sat in his seat and stared vacantly at the walls. He didn't even appear to realize that Magabelle had come in. But his expression changed quickly enough when he she got close.

"Ah! Um. Hi... can I... what are... everyone's supposed to... um..." He began to play with his tentacles nervously.

What now?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 7th of November at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Sunday 8th of November at Midnight PST

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash would love to get her dear brush. She felt most comfortable with it in her hands, after all. Though she waited patiently, quietly, for a chance to go get it, staying by Wade. The last thing she needed was for him to turn that charger on her for going and getting her weapon without permission. Then again, it she were careful enough.. If her were to turn it on her, she could just wack him and get away. No, no Ash. She thought, Do not start planning what-ifs when you don't even have your brush to carry them out.

Then again, Wade's locker was right there, and full of chargers.. If she needed to suddenly defend herself, it was OPEN! She could just grab one of his and go to town - She could snipe, as well.. But she wasn't too good at it. Still though, she needed to trust him enough to believe that he wouldn't suddenly shoot her. He had no reason to.

"So um.. Can.. Can I go get my brush now..?" She asked quietly, as Wade dialed his phone.

Action: Do Nothing (I guess?)

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
…? Was he just...waiting? But for what? Who? They seemed young...maybe they didn’t know what they were doing? All the questions rushed through her head at once. This was all a bit odd, really. But she wouldn’t get these answers straight off the bat, and the boy seemed nervous...hopefully they weren’t doing something they aren’t supposed to. Which, to be fair, is most likely what’s going on.

She paused, thinking of what to say. She could leave this boy alone, but it would be weird to leave right after arriving, plus she may get in trouble from the authorities if they notice her coming out of the train -- unlikely due to the load they’re holding right now -- but...still. Maybe she should ask him something?...

"Excuse me, but…" she took another pause, "...what are you doing here, exactly?"

Talk: Person on the train

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga, after a long moment to assure herself that this stranger seemed to mean no harm, slowly began to lower her now aching arms to her sides. She glanced away and struggled to focus on a piece of rubble in the distance, trying to put the others out of mind and distract herself somehow. When that didn't work though, she finally sighed through her nose and shook her head gently.

"...No." Came the soft-spoken reply. "I didn't...I-I didn't do anything. Sh-She's the one...you should thank."

There was a quick gesture to the Inkling beside her, and afterwards Alga was silent.

Do Nothing

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
As Jax hang up, Wade pulled his phone away, smiling inwardly to himself. Wh-what was that? The sound of ...friendship levels increasing, maybe?

He blinked, mid-cheesy grin, suddenly remembering that the actual point of that call was to see if he should grab Ash's brush. Right, she even asked him if she could grab it, herself.

"...Yeah...!" Wade finally said. "Sorry, sorry. Do you know which way your locker is?"

"I'm not sure, from here.. I know it's on the second floor of the lockers, but.. I could get to it from the elevators." Ash replied, an ear flicking. "That seemed like a deep conversation, minus the mentioning of double Octobrushes.. Which, might I add, would not be that bad? I've been on teams of nothing but brushes, and won."

Wade bit his lip, then shook his head in response. "That's the problem. We won't even be in an controlled stage, and who knows if we'll be up against another 'team'. It won't be about 'holding a splat zone' where we're headed."

He rummaged for his over-the-shoulder charger sling as he spoke, which, interestingly enough, he had never had a use for until now. This whole operation was something with real risks and danger, but despite that, he felt like a downer saying that to Ash. And after that small tidbit of encouragement for Jax, here he was, trying to get Ash to consider the consequences more seriously. Maybe she wasn't aware of the full scope of risks... Hmm, he'd have to explain Deepview's devious machinations later, if she didn't already get a feel from listening in.

Wade blinked, realizing Ash had overheard bits of that conversation. He felt his face heat up slightly.

"...Let's find a main directory or a map," Wade suggested, trying to steer the topic. "That conversation was, like, adequately deep, or... something," he scoffed, somewhat embarrassed, despite knowing that she was in earshot when he made the call.

Go To: Ash's locker

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Lili let out a sound relief as Aelia seemed to understand the situation. For s second Lili was afraid of perhaps fighting the lady - something she did not wish to do; although she couldn't help but laugh at Brutus' interaction with Aelia. How did she manage to deal with him? Shaking her head she laughed slightly. "Aww. Alga. Don't be so humble." She nudged the girl - "No. You don't need to repay me or anything. I enjoyed the company. Although...if I must say. I would like to speak with you Aelia. We need to talk."

Talk to: Aelia

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Added a Pick Up action. Honestly, I should have had that there from the beginning--sorry for that.

@Aykorn and @Ashlee
Ash continues following Wade

Go To: Ash's Locker:

The walk was a little more bearable now. Wade at least, understood a little more about his partner in crime. Though about this Ash girl...

It took them a few attempts--they went up and down the stairs and started from the elevators quite a few times--but they eventually found Ash's locker room and, with a bit more time, her locker. Opening the locker, Ash began looking for the tool she so desperately needed: her Octobrush.

It did nag at her, what Wade said about it no longer being a controlled environment which, with it, came the prospect of real danger. But what Jax had said while threatening her did apply as well... she couldn't live without knowing the truth. With a few quick swings of her brush, Ash felt a little more confident about herself and her situation.

What now?

> Ash got her Octobrush.

@Banshee and @xCoCo Coco has 1 credit.

Alga is trying to figure out the situation.

Talk To: Aelia

"No. You don't need to repay me or anything. I enjoyed the company. Although...if I must say. I would like to speak with you Aelia. We need to talk."

"Oh?" Aelia said, her lack of an accent coming through after being so long with Brutus. "What do we need to talk about now?"

"Well, 1) Why are you meeting Brutus here?" She motioned to the Squid Sisters backyard. "2) Do you know anything about the Squid Sisters disapperence?" After all they did want to break into their house didn't they?

The young inklng rubbed the back of her head, "Well, I guess on a more serious note, what are you doing here?" Hopefully, Aelia would understand what she meant without having to spell it out for her; Lili had no intention of exposing Brutus's secret, she was just, curious.

"And those weren't serious notes?" Aelia joked, putting her weapon away. "I'm meeting Brutus here because this was where we last decided to meet up. That's our plan--whenever we get separated and have no way to get back in contact with each other, we meet where we last intended to go. Simple. Simple enough for even Brutus... though I figured a reminder couldn't hurt."

Brutus shrugged, "Oy totally forgot until Oy saw it."

Lili couldn’t help but chuckle at Brutus, “Oh you forgot alright…”

"Yeah, I figured," Aelia shrugged. "Well, anyway, we were here to check in on the SS because we hadn't heard from them in a long while. They usually schedule some time for us all to meet. We only just found out about their incident."

Glancing at Alga, she finished, "Don't get much news where we are."

“I guess they were, huh…” Lili mumbled to herself feeling at ease that Aelia had now put her weapon away. “Well, uh, he certainly needed help getting here that’s for sure.” She let out a soft laugh. “Although I am glad he managed to find you in the end.”

Shaking her head her focus once again turned to Aelia. “Yes; they’ve been gone for quite some time. Originally it was supposed to be a cold….but…” She crossed her arms. “This seems far too long for a mere cold.”

“And no news is understandable. Well, if you are planning to head inside I’d like to request to go with you.” Lili herself was curious about the sisters and who knew what they would find inside. “I’ve already got my tentacles in this deep so why not?”

"We already checked the place out. No sign of a struggle. Everything's in place," Aelia said, worried. "There isn't anything... though I wouldn't mind opening the place back up for you if you want. Who knows, maybe you'll find something we didn't?"

"Really? And you didn't find anything?" Well, that sounded unhopeful. "Well, I don't mind giving it a look myself? I mean I am here right now so why not? Do you guys want to come with?" Lili was totally fine with going in on her own; but having others was welcomed.

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits

==> Eric Knight: Make a Pillow Fort

You have been pacing the GARDEN for nearly a HALF HOUR now. Trees and bushes are GREAT, but they don't appear to be furthering your cause of solving the MYSTERY.

So you do the only LOGICAL THING available to you.

You climb back up the FIRE ESCAPE and get back into your room, where it is safe and cozy. With great fervor, you begin amassing you're FEATHER-FILLED HEAD COMFORTERS and attempt to channel their power for good. That is, you make a REALLY ROCKIN' PILLOW FORT.

Getting inside of it, you feel your IMAGINATION skyrocket. You imagine those goons coming back and shooting them up something foulnasty with your .52 GAL.

Damn.

That would rock.

Just imagining it is awesome.

You spend a good THIRTY MINUTES imagining beating up BAD GUYS. Unfortunately, this brings you no closer to solving the MYSTERY.

What now?

@VeryButter

Talk To: Person on the Train

"Excuse me, but…" she took another pause, "...what are you doing here, exactly?"

"W... waiting," he said quickly. He seemed to be avoiding making eye contact, as if that would make her disappear.

"Waiting?" Magabelle raised an eyebrow questioningly. "For who?"

"Uh... lessons," he spoke slowly at first, but then, he realized he tripped over his own words. "Wait! I mean, um! Lessons for guitar! Um. Actually a person! I'm, waiting. I'm waiting for a person to teach me guitar."

He seemed satisfied enough with the last rendition of his sentence, even if it was a little bit nonsensical.

"Uh, if you were supposed to have a guitar lesson..." Magabelle wasn't sure how exactly to phrase this, "...then wouldn't you have scheduled another time and-or place to do so, since...uh, recent events would have postponed it for another day? And...isn't it kind of weird to have a lesson on an out-of-commission train?"

He looked embarrassed, though adamant. "We... didn't say where we'd meet." He was silent for a moment before stating, wholeheartedly, "but I'm sure she'll show up! A-at least to tell me if she won't teach me..."

...huh. "If you didn't say where you were going to meet, then you probably won't see them," Magabelle said, "Were you...expecting to meet her here, and find a place together maybe? If so, they're probably too caught up with cleaning their house or questioning the authorities right now to come here."

He seemed clearly downtrodden. "But... but... she..." if Magabelle wasn't mistaken... was he starting to cry? "I... I understand."

He did, in fact, start crying. As he cried and wiped away his tears and played with his tentacle--it seemed to be a nervous habit of his.

But as he played with them, a powder started to come off onto his hand. Was that... tentacle powder?

"I... should," he sniffed, "I-I should get h-home."

Oh no, Magabelle stiffened. She didn't mean to upset the boy! "Hey, it's okay," Magabelle kneeled down, "There's just...a lot of stuff going on right now. Maybe you should go find this friend of yours and organize another time to do it?"

"I...I don't know where she is..." the words tumbled out of his mouth, and he seemed truly horrified at the revelation. "I don't know who she is."

The crying began again and it became even clearer that his ink was cream colored.

Oh jeeze, this isn't good, Magabelle internally sighed. How do I cheer him up?...

"Hey, uh...why don't I help you?" Magabelle tried her best to calm the boy down, "We can look for her in the city. Maybe she's there."

"M-maybe?" he seemed to think it over. "Um... how big is the city?"

"...big. There's a reason it's called the city," Magabelle explained, "But we should be able to find her, since everyone would probably be piled up in one place right now. What does she look like?"

"Um..." he began, really wracking his mind. "She had brown tentacles! Is that enough to go off of?"

He seemed excited, probably because he didn't quite understand how big the city could be. Still, the words had filled him with hope and he wasn't stuttering as much. So that was a good thing, right?

"Brown tentacles..." Magabelle "hmm"ed for a moment. "Yeah, I think that's enough of a defining feature to find them."

"So um..." The inkling seemed to go back to being docile, looking around nervously. "How do we get off this train? How do we get to the city?"

"Well... we can go the way I came," Magabelle suggested, "there's a bunch of buses going to the city outside. If we can sneak back past the officials, I think we'll be able to get to one of them."

“Well then… u-um, I-I’m One,” he didn’t hold out his hand or look at Magabelle as he said it. He just got up and started for the door… then ran back to his seat, a terrified look on his face.

“T-there are a lot of people out there,” he cried. It seems he hadn’t noticed.

@Rustic

Canchi Chiro is rarely late for scrims, but, unfortunately, the train is out. Now, being the calm and perfectly reasonable inkling that Canchi is, he decides to join the slowly growing angry mob of people that are attempting to question every passing police officer that might even know a tiny bit about what's going on.

It's not solving things any quicker. Unfortunately. But he'd never been late to a scrim and he had a record to keep up. ...Though an earthquake was a pretty great excuse to be late.

All said and done, the buses the police officers promised hours ago have finally arrived and people are finally starting to pile on. Though, they were moving hellishly slow. Still... they looked like the only real options available here to getting to Inkopolis.

So, with one last furtive glance back at the train--wait, what. There was an inkling just... walking up to the train, pushing the buttons and walking on. He'd been distracted by the police before but... now that he paid attention, Canchi could see that there was another inkling on the train.

What were they doing?

What do you do, Canchi?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 14th of November at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Sunday 15th of November at Midnight PST

Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]

Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Come on... I don't want to be la- Wait, what's she doing? Canchi thought as he saw the Inkling just 'sneak' to the door of the train, looking around he saw several people shout angry words at the girl. Maybe she has the right idea, he thought as he looked around the crowd, seeing several cops having to deal with the massive crowd of people. I don't think it's a smart idea just yet...

Examine/Observe the two Inklings intently...

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: The Two Inklings

The two appeared to be... talking. The one that just entered the train seemed somewhat inquisitive, almost as if they were trying to calm down the other one. It was hard to tell from this distance and it wasn't exactly a perfect angle. But the other inkling seemed to be rather shocked... flustered? Again, it was hard to tell.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi looked around the crowd, the cops weren't going to let anyone onto the trains just yet, he sneaked another look over at the two Inklings.
He pictured shrugging and leaving, but a morbid curiosity struck him. What if they know the reason for this? He looked them over suspiciously, being shoved with the crowd.

"What the shell... I'll try and reach these two Inklings." Canchi muttered, barely hearing himself. He looked around before ducking under the security tape. Hopefully this works... He thought as he looked back.

Go to: The Two Inklings

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
...right. “Yeah, there’s an angry mob of people outside complaining about the train. They’ll give us cover for sneaking out.”

Magabelle started walking towards the door, glancing out to make sure nobody was watching. Of course, there were bound to be a few people who noticed, since she heard them yelling, but...hopefully she could get back through without people pushing her or pointing her out.

“You coming?” she asked the boy as she opened the door.
Go To: City

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash did indeed feel much better, having her Octobrush in her hands. She adored that thing. Though, however much she loved her Octobrush, she looked at her locker quietly, in contemplation. She could use a number of other weapons, as well. And while she loved her Octobrush most, and was the best with it, what Wade said bothered her. If she got splatted outside the Tower.. Outside of a match, outside of the safe zone - the controlled area that made her so daring as to USE a brush.. She might not return to a spawn point. And if she did, where? How far away from the other two? Her absence might mean THEIR demise, and a failed mission. It's quite easy to splat a brusher if you out range them, she knew that from her experience wielding it, and fighting against it.

So she debated, for the good of the team as a whole, and herself.. "Should I pick a different weapon? I can use the N-Zap pretty well.. The Rapid Blaster, too.." She mumbled to herself, though it was most likely loud enough Wade would hear it.

Though on the other hand, she was hard as hell to hit, with enough of her ink on the ground. And she was confident in her skills as a brusher, to be able to handle anything thrown at her, whether a Dynamo or an Inkstrike, or another brusher. And while it would make sense for her to adjust to the situation and her team like she normally did - given that she had more weapons than just brushes, the situation would also call for her to be on top of her game; for her to use her best weapon - her Octobrush. She was honestly torn.

Wade looked at Ash curiously. "What brought this on? You seemed so sure a minute ago."

Ash looked over at him quietly, "I try adjust to my team, the maps in rotation and the mode I'm doing.. I account for all of that, when I pick a weapon and gear. But I go into choosing, knowing everything but the teams usually. Tower Control? I usually pick the Slosher, or Rapid Blaster.. Slosher for riding the tower and protecting it, and Rapid Blaster for the Ink Mines and range - keeping the enemy off the tower. Every weapon I pick, has a purpose, a role, for the situation.."

"It might seem like I'm just picking random weapons, but.. I have strategies, for everything. Like you said, this won't be like fighting at the Tower. I don't know anything. I don't know where we'll be, who we're against, NOTHING! And this could actually be dangerous, I could actually die if I charge in with my brush.. Because this thing, it gives me confidence like no other weapon ever could. It also makes me reckless from time to time, because I feel like I could take on the world, if this thing is in my hands. Like I'm invincible, when I know I'm not." She said, quietly. "I want to do this safely, do this strategically.. I don't want any of us to die, especially because I forget in the heat of battle that we actually COULD."

"I wanted my brush for that very reason - that boost of confidence, that fearlessness.. Because I'm afraid, if we actually have to fight someone outside the Tower, I might chicken out at the last second and get you guys killed.. But thinking about it, using my brush might ALSO get us killed."

Action: Talk with Wade?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade wasn't so sure the two would find their way --going back and forth a few times between floors-- but they definitely made it and Ash got her Octobrush. However, it seemed even Ash had hesitations about the brush she wanted.

Ash confessed, "I wanted my brush for that very reason - that boost of confidence, that fearlessness.. Because I'm afraid, if we actually have to fight someone outside the Tower, I might chicken out at the last second and get you guys killed.. But thinking about it, using my brush might ALSO get us killed."

Wade looked down at this weapon, frowning slightly. He had such similar feelings about the weapon he was holding, but... also a different sort of confidence that made him not second guess this decision. "I'm not exactly picking 'safest' choice either," he said, shrugging. "Like, I could grab a tentatek if I wanted to be sure of my weapon."

Heck yeah, he could pick a weapon that let him strike down people, up close and personal. He'd built up the aiming ability from using chargers, he had the field know-how. Battle would be breezy. And short-ranged. And man, it would't be the same. It wasn't his style --Wade couldn't imagine himself without a charger in tow.

He propped his charger up over his shoulder. "But I'm not," was all he needed to say. I'm not not using my favorite weapon. My weapon.

Wade looked to Ash, not really intending to give advice but still... wanting to talk to her before they reconvened with Jax. She seemed genuinely worried and he could only empathize. So he smiled and gave her his full attention before suggesting they head off.

Go To: Jax

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
And, we're back. Again!

These are trying times for me, with finals looming and homework building up. But with determination and focus, I can keep this up. I'm sorry you all have to suffer because of my inability to focus and multitask, but I hope I can make it up to you somehow.

I am doing this by giving you all one Dues Ex point. I won't explain how to get more, but by spending 3 or more of these points, you will be able to do one game-breaking action of my choosing. Luck will be on your side and something significantly useful for your plot side will happen.

Alternatively, you can choose to spend these point as a group so... might wanna make a group of three. ; )

Back to business as usual, guys!

@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Talk to: Wade
Both ==> Go To: Jax:

"It might seem like I'm just picking random weapons, but.. I have strategies, for everything. Like you said, this won't be like fighting at the Tower. I don't know anything. I don't know where we'll be, who we're against, NOTHING! And this could actually be dangerous, I could actually die if I charge in with my brush.. Because this thing, it gives me confidence like no other weapon ever could. It also makes me reckless from time to time, because I feel like I could take on the world, if this thing is in my hands. Like I'm invincible, when I know I'm not." She said, quietly. "I want to do this safely, do this strategically.. I don't want any of us to die, especially because I forget in the heat of battle that we actually COULD."

"I wanted my brush for that very reason - that boost of confidence, that fearlessness.. Because I'm afraid, if we actually have to fight someone outside the Tower, I might chicken out at the last second and get you guys killed.. But thinking about it, using my brush might ALSO get us killed."

Wade looked down at this weapon, frowning slightly. "I'm not exactly picking 'safest' choice either. Like, I could grab a tentatek if I wanted to be sure of my weapon." He propped his charger up over his shoulder, "But I'm not."

"You don't have to be at the front lines, though." She said, quietly. "I would. So would Jax, I'm sure."

"That's why I know I want my Splat Charger with me," Wade grinned. "Even if I'm that much more defenseless myself, I make my team more dynamic and defensive with this crazy power and range," he said, tapping his weapon.

He shifted his feet, with a small shrug. "Do what only I can, you know?"

Ash nodded a bit, looking to her brush. "So.. I should pick my brush, to make the team more dynamic? I just.. Am I over thinking this?"

Wade shrugged again. "I mean... it's fair to have doubts. We are choosing weapons here, and..."

He looked over at Ash worry about weapon choice like he was a while ago. ...Krak, he couldn't just keep... glossing over the truth.

"Ash.... Okay. Let me be honest here," he began. "If I'm going to succeed at shedding some light on what's going on in Inkopolis, ...or get caught trying, I'd want to be holding a charger."

Ash blinked, looking to him, and nodding a little. "I.. I feel the same. I'd want to be using my brush, if I helped find out what's going on, or died trying.. I'd want to go down happy - Holding my inky baby."

With a chuckle, Wade nodded in agreement. He then closed his eyes, holding up his fist in with dramatic conviction, though in a sort of jokey way. "It's a good thing," Wade declared, "that we're going to make this work! I'll watch your back and you do your worst up front, and this'll be no sweat."

"Yeah, I get you." Ash giggled, smiling a bit. She felt a lot better, now. Especially upon Wade being a little silly.

Wade rubbed the back of his tentacles, suddenly sheepish. The vagueness was still... a bit uninspiring. "I... suppose you want to know what 'this' is."

"It.. Yeah. What do you know?" Ash asked, quietly, as she closed her locker and leaned against it. "It would be nice to know what I'm walking into."

Wade put his hand over his head and thought. "Hmm, I think instead of explaining, I'll show you what I found last night."

He took of his hat and pulled out the notebook with his jotted down points from the 3chan post. "I can clarify stuff, but here's... some basic stuff to get you up to speed." Wade shrugged. "I... don't think you're a spy but just... remember the whole 'Jax-Disruptor' episode if you are."

Ash blinked in surprise, reading the information. "So.. You're going off of a 3Chan post..? ...What if this is a trap?" She asked, looking to him.

Wade's turned away slightly, his expression gone pensive despite being asked this earlier. "If this is a trap," he said, "enough in the post was true to try and investigate."

He paused before saying one more thing. "And really, I would have tried to break in, either way. This post kind of warned me not to rush in without a weapon."

Ash blinked, nodding a bit. "If it's had some truth to it, it could be viable, but... I-I dunno... I wouldn't trust things like this. At least it said something smart - bring a weapon to a meet-up with an unknown squid."

Wade looked down. "I've seen it... the memory wiping it talks about. Jax has too..." he trailed off. He exhaled, "It's a lead. And that's something. If something doesn't turn up from this, I get out in one piece and keep looking."

He blinked, then glanced up at Ash. "I... I know I'm kind of being crazy right now but... I think I'll miss this chance if I wait."

"No, no, I.. I agree." Ash nodded, looking at him quietly. "The chance needs to be taken.. If this is real, as you say.. We need to get to the bottom of this, and stop it."

Wade looked at Ash, bright eyed and with a small smile. "Yeah," he breathed. He thought of the people, all of Inkopolis that this conspiracy was hiding under... and Annie. All the reasons to get to the center of this.

"...Yeah!" He concluded again, trying to hide the grin that was showing after Ash's agreement.

"If you really are a spy," Wade chuckled, "just now, I totally appreciate not having to go solo as a sniper."

Ash blinked in surprise at his comment, "A spy? For who? These.. Deepview people? Oh, please. I'd rather have my ears ripped off than work for bad people." She snorted, before smiling at him. "Besides that, snipers and I get along just fine if we're on the same team. I like to guard them if I'm not needed on the field. They have my back, so I get theirs."

With a sly grin, Wade pointed towards the exit. "Then I think we'll get along just fine. C'mon, let's go meet Jax and see where we're headed."

Ash nodded, chuckling softly. "The start of a beautiful friendship? Quite possibly. Lead the way, champ."

The two made their way up the stairs, chattering all the way. At the top they met up face to face with Jax who had what was probably an irritated look on his face--it was hard to tell, he was always rather calm. Without any words, he beckoned the two follow him deeper into the tower, until he led them to someplace behind the tower.

It was rather calm here, though the racket coming from the square could still be heard. Clearing his throat, Jax got straight to business. "As far as I know, there's only one entrance to Octo Valley that doesn't require a long trek through the mountains." He pointed to the sewer grate below them with his .92 Gal's nozzle. "I hope you all both aren't afraid of getting a little dirty."

Jax jumped through the grate with practiced ease. Almost instinctively, Ash and Wade turned up their noses, but, after a furtive, traded glance the two jumped in as well.

The sewer system was rather large, but Jax pointed out that to get to Octo Valley, all they had to do was follow the flow of sewage. Unfortunately, it made logical sense. They followed the sewage for hours, the stench of putrid ink overpowering to the senses. Ash and Wade felt like they were going to be sick. It was a godsend when they reached the end.

Even from inside the pipe, the sight was surreal. There was a literal waterfall of refuse and rancid excrement, cascading down into the deep abyss that was Octo Valley. Jax pointed up, however, and sure enough, there was a ladder that led away from the constant flow of trash.

Topside was beautiful, with bright lights and, more importantly fresh air. Everyone took the time to appreciate these small things, taking deep breaths in and out before taking in the scenery.

It was surprisingly gorgeous. Inkopolis from a distance was a unique sight in and of itself, but to top it off, they were in the middle of a floating chunk of land surrounded by miles of abyss on every side. The chunk they were on looked to be a decrepit piece of urban development, a remnant of a time long past, or an attempt to grasp at the present... who could say. It was a real mystery.

Besides the odd land-formation, something that particularly stood out was an old shack with a lot of posted notes on it... it looked almost like a conspiracy board!

Everything here was surprising and there was a lot to take in. But of course, everyone was brought back to the task at hand when Jax said, "what now, Wade? Anything the guy said to do after this?"

@Banshee and @xCoCo Coco has 1 credit, Group has 2 DE Points

Alga follows along. Lili follows along.

After Aelia produces a key to the back door of the Squid Sisters' home, the Lili and Alga follow along curious as to what the celebrity's home looks like. When the Aelia flicks the switch it's just about as surprising as the outside.

It's rather normal.

Of course, the two "Sisters'" personal tastes colored the house. The main living room had a couch with one incredibly organized side, with the remote to the sizable TV mounted on the wall parallel to the lamp... and one side that had half-eaten snacks and a pile of magazines on its adjacent coffee table.

The kitchen, the bathroom and even the hallways were organized the same way, with patches of clean spots and disorganized areas. ...all the way up to the two girl's respective rooms.

Both were surprisingly immaculate which struck as... odd.

"Oy, ain't Callie's room a spot cleaner than usual?"

"Really?" Aelia said, surprised. "I just thought that it was a nice change."

@VeryButter 1 DE Point

Go To: City

One and Magabelle finished discussing their options and the boy nodded when asked for confirmation. Magabelle opened the door, perfectly ready to slip back into the crowd with One in tow, get on the bus, and act as if none of this had ever happened.

Too bad fate seemed to have other plans in mind.

Right outside the door was an Inkling who was looking at the two rather incredulously. What now?

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits, 1 DE Point

==> Eric Knight: Don Pillow Aegis

The REALLY ROCKIN' PILLOW FORT has outlived its usefulness.
After what feels like EONS (aka five minutes) you ascend from the fort a NEW KID. And new kids need some level of protection! Good thing you're CRAFTING stat is so high!

With your quickest LAD SCAMPER you run around your room collecting important tools for a wonderful idea that SUDDENLY POPPED INTO YOUR HEAD.

> Eric picks up DUCT TAPE.
> Eric collects nine (9) PILLOWS.

Combining the DUCT TAPE with the PILLOWS, Eric crafts the vaunted PILLOW AEGIS. With pillows surrounding his body, he has all the protection of a REALLY ROCKIN' PILLOW FORT, but mobile! Wow!!!

Also, you look a little silly.

What now?

@Rustic 1 DE Point

Ducking under the tape, Canchi made a quick jaunt to the train. When he did, the voices of outrage for even louder, Inklings started to actually push at the police, which only served to increase their retaliation. Some even looked to be pulling out riot weapons.

Uh oh.

Luckily, Canchi seemed to avoid their detection through all the commotion and get to the halted train. Just when he was about to push the button and confront the Inklings, however, they did something that caught him by surprise.

They opened the door.

What now?

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Sunday, 6th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Tuesday 8th at Midnight PST

Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Oh... this ain't good..." Canchi muttered under his breath, looking at the two Inklings he was planning to stalk, but the plan was busted instantly because of this. He let out a sigh, before fixing his ski jacket and standing his ground, with an intense look in his eyes.

He collected himself, dusting his pants off, Canchi looked at the two, before thinking, Well at least they don't have several pairs of teeth... He nervously felt his neck.

"So... uhm... What are you guys doing?" Canchi asked the Inklings. "Like, I thought this train didn't have anyone on it... so unless you're some person trespassing like me, why are you two on here?"

Talk with: These two Inklings

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Octo Valley, Neutral ground, Zone 1" Wade listed off his notepad.

He glanced away guiltily, hoping there wasn't more to the 3chan post that he didn't copy down. For the life of him, Wade couldn't remember why he'd been freaking out so much last night, and was starting to regret not getting better notes.

He shrugged at Jax nonchalantly, "Whatever that means."

Wade glanced over while closing his notebook and tucking it away safely. A thought came to him that he should try updating his notes. Like... a journal? Journal, journalist. Wade tilted his head curiously, starting to wonder how good Jax was at his reporting gig.

Seriously, was there a story on how to crawl through the sewers to the edge of Octarian territory? How did he know this? Jax, how do you know these things??
As much as he wanted to ask those out loud, Wade kept silent, trying not to waste the fresh air now that they were out of the sewers.

Instead he started searching around with his eyes, landing on the most conspiracy-related looking thing in the place. Pssh, 'where do we go?' Follow the sketchiness, obviously.

Examine: Board & Shack

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Board & Shack

...maybe this was a test of some sort.
If so, better start studying the material and the oddest thing in the vicinity seems like the best place to start.

Wade looked over the board, pictures of many types of what were probably Octarians. It looked to be a legitimate conspiracy post, complete with pins and strings attaching various ideas together along with crude drawings of what looked to be zapfish.

What was this all about?

Glancing in the shack, it was filled with a bunch of Zapfish plushies and... a sleeping old man? Was this who they were supposed to meet?

What now?

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash blinked, looking the board over quietly, intently. Now, this, was interesting, and right up her alley! Pictures of Octarians, drawings of Zapfish... All kinds of ideas.. She blinked, looking it all over, quietly, her ear accessories flicking a little.

"Hey, Wade, Jax?" She asked, quietly, "Do you mind if.. I take a bit to look these all over? I.. I think it might be useful, somehow.."

Were the Octarians somehow connected to the Zapfish? What did any of this have to do with these Deepview people? And then another thing crossed her mind: The Octoling she saw in the plaza. She was so sure it was one! This just made her all the more interested in the board.

Further Examine: Board

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine Board:

The board's logic is incomprehensible without someone to explain it. Perhaps even incomprehensible to someone who does understand it. It's hard to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom