• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 My v.3.0 Tier List

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Basically you can throw the Mini onto anything that doesn’t have a charging time and it automatically gives the weapon margin for error, like how seriously broken the Sloshing Machine Neo in S1 was when it canme to burst bombs and damage up. Looking back I realize how OP that thing was, you could get an indirect burst and indirect slosh and still kill with one main I believe, but that is getting off topic. The point is, this thing means you don’t have to be the most accurate person in the world and still beget kills. Also it boosts mobility incredibly, but really only vertically and rarely horizontally, the curling bomb is good at moving horizontally. So the reason I don’t like the thing on the Mini is that the burst doesn’t show off it’s full potentional, you can’t burst cancel, and as for margin for error, there isn’t a lot this time around. Really only mobility is what the burst helps with, but it doesn’t really need that a whole lot...I could talk for days, about how I prefer the vanilla is still better than the Zimi, but let’s not...except I will still point out that the Burst isn’t a butter sub for the Mini than a Curling Bomb.
Machine Neo in Sploon 1 had Point Sensor and Inkzooka.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Uhhh...

Quick Q, is the meta still centered around Ink jet? It's felt like forever ever since it has been used in the top a couple months ago.

Will Nintendo spank the Ink jet with a nerf? And will the Splatter be a good special?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Uhhh...

Quick Q, is the meta still centered around Ink jet? It's felt like forever ever since it has been used in the top a couple months ago.

Will Nintendo spank the Ink jet with a nerf? And will the Splatter be a good special?
I don’t see a ton of Inkjets anymore, but I’m only in S+, so I can’t be completely sure. The “Splatter?” You mean the hammer special, is that what it’s called? The Splat Hammer? The... Spammer??

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Uhhh lmao inkjet is very very very much still the most prominent special in competitive. Inkjet - Stingray - Baller/Rain/Armor. You hardly if ever see splashdown, missiles (except on blackbelly, the one map missiles are good on), bubbles (somewhat). I guess bomb rush is a common occurrence just because of the firefin. But anyways yes inkjet is still the most used special in the game among top players. Considering the most popular frontline weapon is enperries, and cBlaster, ttek are all up there too, it's a requirement. You're essentially throwing in competitive if you don't have an inkjet, and no stingray in TC/RM.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Tentabrella half-and-halved in A and S+ (you'll know what I'm talking about once you see it)
Firefin dropped to S-
Gold Dynamo bumped to A

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Despite my unwavering loyalty to the Dapplies, I will confess that they should be bumped down to S-.

The main issue with the Dapplies {aside from the abysmal range} is that they face heavy competition from other weapons that share the same kits/roles that are better suited on that weapon then on the Dapplies. Dapple Nouveau is outclassed by Rapid pro because it better fits the more backliner, Zoner roll of Rapid pro. Splat brella is also a stronger rain option thanks to it's increased versatility in it's shield.

Vanilla Dapplies have a more pronounced niche as a strong beacon weapon but with Tenta brella on the rise, that niche is being threatened. Neo splash and Forefinger also make better use of Succ bomb rush because they don't need to be right in the enemy's face in order to splat them.

Lastly, Dapplies have no tools to get back into mid if locked out {well I guess bomb rush counts but you have to build it up on a weapon that can't be necessarily paint safely so...} they have no range to pick off opponents, and no lethal subs to pressure opponents in mid {atleast, Vanilla Dapplies}.

So, my personal take is that, despite being a good weapon in general, the Dapplies don't have the tools/stats to keep up in the metagame.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Despite my unwavering loyalty to the Dapplies, I will confess that they should be bumped down to S-.

The main issue with the Dapplies {aside from the abysmal range} is that they face heavy competition from other weapons that share the same kits/roles that are better suited on that weapon then on the Dapplies. Dapple Nouveau is outclassed by Rapid pro because it better fits the more backliner, Zoner roll of Rapid pro. Splat brella is also a stronger rain option thanks to it's increased versatility in it's shield.

Vanilla Dapplies have a more pronounced niche as a strong beacon weapon but with Tenta brella on the rise, that niche is being threatened. Neo splash and Forefinger also make better use of Succ bomb rush because they don't need to be right in the enemy's face in order to splat them.

Lastly, Dapplies have no tools to get back into mid if locked out {well I guess bomb rush counts but you have to build it up on a weapon that can't be necessarily paint safely so...} they have no range to pick off opponents, and no lethal subs to pressure opponents in mid {atleast, Vanilla Dapplies}.

So, my personal take is that, despite being a good weapon in general, the Dapplies don't have the tools/stats to keep up in the metagame.
I’d like to see some Kensa Dapples with curling bomb. So it can play that sploosh role and really make use of its speed.

It won’t happen tho. Cause Enperries.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Kensa Undercover added to S-
Kensa L-3 added to S-
Kensa Jr. added to C
Kensa Octobrush added to B
Bamboo MK || dropped to S-
Dark Tetras bumped to S
Dapples Nouveau dropped to S-

FirestarEevee

Inkling

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I personally think the inkbrush should be at least B teir, and at most A. Although the short range it has it makes up for that with it's quick mobility of the b rush. With a good balance between the 2 moves it turns to be (in my opinion) in a higher teir. Let me know if you think otherwise.
This list is very old and outdated. Right now, I would put Inkbrush higher, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom