1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

My v.3.0 Tier List

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by The Salamander King, Apr 17, 2018.

1. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Machine Neo in Sploon 1 had Point Sensor and Inkzooka.

2. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

Uhhh...

Quick Q, is the meta still centered around Ink jet? It's felt like forever ever since it has been used in the top a couple months ago.

Will Nintendo spank the Ink jet with a nerf? And will the Splatter be a good special?

3. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    I don’t see a ton of Inkjets anymore, but I’m only in S+, so I can’t be completely sure. The “Splatter?” You mean the hammer special, is that what it’s called? The Splat Hammer? The... Spammer??

4. Mar$el

Mar$el Inkling Commander

Uhhh lmao inkjet is very very very much still the most prominent special in competitive. Inkjet - Stingray - Baller/Rain/Armor. You hardly if ever see splashdown, missiles (except on blackbelly, the one map missiles are good on), bubbles (somewhat). I guess bomb rush is a common occurrence just because of the firefin. But anyways yes inkjet is still the most used special in the game among top players. Considering the most popular frontline weapon is enperries, and cBlaster, ttek are all up there too, it's a requirement. You're essentially throwing in competitive if you don't have an inkjet, and no stingray in TC/RM.

5. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Tentabrella half-and-halved in A and S+ (you'll know what I'm talking about once you see it)
    Firefin dropped to S-
    Gold Dynamo bumped to A

6. Flopps

Flopps Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    Is Tenta not good in Rainmaker?

7. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

Despite my unwavering loyalty to the Dapplies, I will confess that they should be bumped down to S-.

The main issue with the Dapplies {aside from the abysmal range} is that they face heavy competition from other weapons that share the same kits/roles that are better suited on that weapon then on the Dapplies. Dapple Nouveau is outclassed by Rapid pro because it better fits the more backliner, Zoner roll of Rapid pro. Splat brella is also a stronger rain option thanks to it's increased versatility in it's shield.

Vanilla Dapplies have a more pronounced niche as a strong beacon weapon but with Tenta brella on the rise, that niche is being threatened. Neo splash and Forefinger also make better use of Succ bomb rush because they don't need to be right in the enemy's face in order to splat them.

Lastly, Dapplies have no tools to get back into mid if locked out {well I guess bomb rush counts but you have to build it up on a weapon that can't be necessarily paint safely so...} they have no range to pick off opponents, and no lethal subs to pressure opponents in mid {atleast, Vanilla Dapplies}.

So, my personal take is that, despite being a good weapon in general, the Dapplies don't have the tools/stats to keep up in the metagame.

saint_kthulhu likes this.
  8. saint_kthulhu

saint_kthulhu Full Squid

I’d like to see some Kensa Dapples with curling bomb. So it can play that sploosh role and really make use of its speed.

It won’t happen tho. Cause Enperries.

9. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Kensa Undercover added to S-
    Kensa L-3 added to S-
    Kensa Jr. added to C
    Kensa Octobrush added to B
    Bamboo MK || dropped to S-
    Dark Tetras bumped to S
    Dapples Nouveau dropped to S-

Enperry likes this.
  10. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    FirestarEevee, Noco and Enperry like this.
  11. FirestarEevee

FirestarEevee Inkling

12. The Salamander King

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    This list is very old and outdated. Right now, I would put Inkbrush higher, yes.