• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 My v.3.0 Tier List

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Outranges it by 2x!? Ha if only, the difference in range is a mere 0.2 lines. In practice it's not easy to stay within such a small window, especially on a weapon that barely moves during it's shooting animation. While within the Blaster's ideal range the Slosher is still disadvantaged in the match-up like most every weapon. The Blaster's bigger and better hitbox let's it take more advantage of the terrain while requiring less precision aim. And like I said Baller isn't always available, so if that's the only reason Slosher Deco counters Blaster, then at the very least I wouldn't call it a reliable counter. You'll have to fight Blasters without Baller more often than not, with the tiny 0.2 range difference being your only advantage.
The range of the Blaster is more than I thought. Add that to the list of nerfs I guess.
But those .2 lines of extra range really do help a lot. Good Slosher players will perfect the spacing needed to stay away from Blasters. I am a pretty good Sloshing Machine player (not to brag) and I have no trouble keeping Splattershot and Nzap players in that perfect range, so something like Slosher Deco and Blaster which have nearly the same range ratio should be no different.
The main reason SD is the main Blaster counter is because of its kit. There are 2 main ways to take out a Blaster:
1. Outpaint it so it cannot get near you.
2. Use a special that gives you more health to tank shots.
The Slosher Deco has both of these. The main weapon is decent at painting as it is, and the sprinkler helps it that much more. With all of this painting, you get Baller quite frequently, and Blasters are literally useless at fighting Ballers.

When you say Baller isn't always available (which it normally is with the right build and skill level), I assume that also applies to the Splashdown on the Blaster, the reason it is so good in the first place. Without Splashdown, Blaster would get easily killed by Rollers and short ranged shooters, as well as Clash. No, you won't always have your special, but that isn't usually a viable argument because it's like that for every weapon (unless it builds THAT horribly, which Slosher deco clearly does not, with it being one of the fastest Ballers in the game). Not only specials either. You could say that Heavy doesn't always have its main or sub weapon because it ran out of ink. That isn't a viable argument against the weapon, so why is the fact that you don't have Baller at all times?

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The range of the Blaster is more than I thought. Add that to the list of nerfs I guess.
But those .2 lines of extra range really do help a lot. Good Slosher players will perfect the spacing needed to stay away from Blasters. I am a pretty good Sloshing Machine player (not to brag) and I have no trouble keeping Splattershot and Nzap players in that perfect range, so something like Slosher Deco and Blaster which have nearly the same range ratio should be no different.
The main reason SD is the main Blaster counter is because of its kit. There are 2 main ways to take out a Blaster:
1. Outpaint it so it cannot get near you.
2. Use a special that gives you more health to tank shots.
The Slosher Deco has both of these. The main weapon is decent at painting as it is, and the sprinkler helps it that much more. With all of this painting, you get Baller quite frequently, and Blasters are literally useless at fighting Ballers.

When you say Baller isn't always available (which it normally is with the right build and skill level), I assume that also applies to the Splashdown on the Blaster, the reason it is so good in the first place. Without Splashdown, Blaster would get easily killed by Rollers and short ranged shooters, as well as Clash. No, you won't always have your special, but that isn't usually a viable argument because it's like that for every weapon (unless it builds THAT horribly, which Slosher deco clearly does not, with it being one of the fastest Ballers in the game). Not only specials either. You could say that Heavy doesn't always have its main or sub weapon because it ran out of ink. That isn't a viable argument against the weapon, so why is the fact that you don't have Baller at all times?
There's roughly a 0.6 range difference between Sloshing Machine and N-Zap/Splattershot, and the Sloshing Machine can actually move during it's shooting animation while N-Zap/Splattershot have increased ttk at max range, so not at all the same really. Play regular Slosher and you should see it's not easy to stay in the perfect range against Blaster.

I just answered that question, you're gonna have to fight without your special, there's no way around it. Your comparison begs the question of how did the Heavy run out of ink without getting involved in combat in the first place. No build is gonna let you have your special all the time, very frequently sure, but not to the point where you have it every single time you get into a skirmish.

The same can be said for every weapon yes, that's why main weapons are just as notable a factor in viability (though again, I'm just arguing whether or not Slosher Deco is a Blaster counter). Gold Areospray has the same exact kit as the Slosher Deco with better painting thus more frequent Ballers. L-3 Nozzlenose has Baller and great painting and also outranges the Blaster. Based on your criteria these should also be reliable Blaster counters, but I don't think they are, so naturally I don't believe the Slosher Deco is either. Not saying these weapons are as good as Slosher, just that the Slosher doesn't do anything to make it better against Blaster's specifically.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I have updated the list for 3.0. This patch had a lot of good weapons in it.

Markus

Inkling
Dapple duallies nouveau is s+ for me it is fast and Kills good and has really good Special and Second weapons

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Dapple duallies nouveau is s+ for me it is fast and Kills good and has really good Special and Second weapons
DDN doesn't have the stats to be in S+...

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
For what it’s worth I would give Inkbrush Noveau and out I at in B. It’s one of the best sets you can play in Clam Bliitz. Also good for zooming around the map, placing ink mines behind you...

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I'm curious why the blaster is at S+ and why the Heavy outclasses all the other weapons on the list? Don't get me wrong the heavy is a dang strong weapon but I just want to know the reasoning. But anyways along the lines of the blaster... the Custom Blaster is better. Splashdown is such a weak special and does nothing to help push in or get things started. It's the one special that's for your own safety and only you. Not to mention how easy it is to shut down... While mist is a better pick (autobomb is certainly not ideal) inkjet has so many rewarding factors. I can't recall the last scrim I saw someone using the vanilla splattershot or the vanilla blaster. Also, here's Sorin's tier list which I have to say I can definitely get behind. It's surprising to me that 1. someone realized the potential of the E-Liter to put it at A rank, and also that the dynamo didn't make it past B rank. I think they should be A rank... A few other small surprises to me but overall it seems like a nice list imo.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
For what it’s worth I would give Inkbrush Noveau and out I at in B. It’s one of the best sets you can play in Clam Bliitz. Also good for zooming around the map, placing ink mines behind you...
Yeah no.
I'm curious why the blaster is at S+ and why the Heavy outclasses all the other weapons on the list? Don't get me wrong the heavy is a dang strong weapon but I just want to know the reasoning. But anyways along the lines of the blaster... the Custom Blaster is better. Splashdown is such a weak special and does nothing to help push in or get things started. It's the one special that's for your own safety and only you. Not to mention how easy it is to shut down... While mist is a better pick (autobomb is certainly not ideal) inkjet has so many rewarding factors. I can't recall the last scrim I saw someone using the vanilla splattershot or the vanilla blaster. Also, here's Sorin's tier list which I have to say I can definitely get behind. It's surprising to me that 1. someone realized the potential of the E-Liter to put it at A rank, and also that the dynamo didn't make it past B rank. I think they should be A rank... A few other small surprises to me but overall it seems like a nice list imo.
A charged Heavy is quite literally the best weapon in this game and always has been.

As for Splashdown, it, like Missiles, has a lot of uses that nobody seems to see. Wanna take a zone in 2 seconds? Use Splashdown. Someone rushing you down? Turn a corner and pop Splashdown as they follow you around it. One of Blaster's only flaws is that it is somewhat weak at minimum range. Inkjet doesn't help it here. Splashdown does. Even though it can be shot down, so can Inkjet, and much easier too.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
A charged Heavy is quite literally the best weapon in this game and always has been.
Charged Hydra??? I don’t get it the Hydra would be better than the Heavy when charged...the problem isn’t the charging when it comes to the Hydra...

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Charged Hydra??? I don’t get it the Hydra would be better than the Heavy when charged...the problem isn’t the charging when it comes to the Hydra...
hydra is slow as balls and doesn't paint as well.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I have updated my list once again, this time also adding a sub and special weapon tier list!

hoo

Inkling
NNID
jawsbenjamin3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5606-6403-6999
Whats the reasoning for not putting stingray at S+?, Its a must have for tower control and rainmaker

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I’m not going to nitpick any specific weapons. I think a lot of tiering is subjective based on individual player experiences.

I would just say that your S rank level feels very forgiving - it’s loaded with a lot of weapons.

And I would be curious as to where you would rank the autobomb rush.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
You forgot beakon and autobomb rush. For the record I have played a decent amount of the carbon deco and I have found autobomb rush to be a lot better than expected. I get kills with it almost every time but more importantly it sows confusion and forces people out of their preferred position. Also even if someone doesn't die from all the chickens exploding around then, it often weakens then enough that I can finish them off easily. I wouldn't put it in S+ but it's not bad.

I'm surprised about burst bomb being S+... Seems like it depends on the weapon. It is great for some weapons (like carbon deco) but on others (dualies, splattershot, mini come to mind) it is not that great. I love it on the carbon though. Burst cancel....

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
Whats the reasoning for not putting stingray at S+?, Its a must have for tower control and rainmaker
I don't disagree but it's harder to get kills with it than it used to be and also finding a good place to use it is not always easy (yes I know about jumping back to spawn but depending on the weapon I'm using that sometimes feels like a lot of time away especially now that youre less likely to land a double or triple kill). Seems like S is right for it. Plus I think it's only really strong in TC and on select maps in other modes (eg PM, Arowana)

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
You forgot beakon and autobomb rush. For the record I have played a decent amount of the carbon deco and I have found autobomb rush to be a lot better than expected. I get kills with it almost every time but more importantly it sows confusion and forces people out of their preferred position. Also even if someone doesn't die from all the chickens exploding around then, it often weakens then enough that I can finish them off easily. I wouldn't put it in S+ but it's not bad.

I'm surprised about burst bomb being S+... Seems like it depends on the weapon. It is great for some weapons (like carbon deco) but on others (dualies, splattershot, mini come to mind) it is not that great. I love it on the carbon though. Burst cancel....
For the Dualies and Splattershot you can burst cancel...but I do admit it isn’t the most helpful on the Mini... I don’t think it’s even possible to burst cancel with the mini

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Burst bombs are a very flexible sub weapon that is useful and most any weapon. I think it's not great on the mini, but on literally everything else it works out great. Pair it with some sub power up and you can launch these things for miles at great speeds. Especially seen to be useful on the CJS.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Burst bombs are a very flexible sub weapon that is useful and most any weapon. I think it's not great on the mini, but on literally everything else it works out great. Pair it with some sub power up and you can launch these things for miles at great speeds. Especially seen to be useful on the CJS.
Basically you can throw the Mini onto anything that doesn’t have a charging time and it automatically gives the weapon margin for error, like how seriously broken the Sloshing Machine Neo in S1 was when it canme to burst bombs and damage up. Looking back I realize how OP that thing was, you could get an indirect burst and indirect slosh and still kill with one main I believe, but that is getting off topic. The point is, this thing means you don’t have to be the most accurate person in the world and still beget kills. Also it boosts mobility incredibly, but really only vertically and rarely horizontally, the curling bomb is good at moving horizontally. So the reason I don’t like the thing on the Mini is that the burst doesn’t show off it’s full potentional, you can’t burst cancel, and as for margin for error, there isn’t a lot this time around. Really only mobility is what the burst helps with, but it doesn’t really need that a whole lot...I could talk for days, about how I prefer the vanilla is still better than the Zimi, but let’s not...except I will still point out that the Burst isn’t a butter sub for the Mini than a Curling Bomb.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Basically you can throw the Mini onto anything that doesn’t have a charging time and it automatically gives the weapon margin for error, like how seriously broken the Sloshing Machine Neo in S1 was when it canme to burst bombs and damage up. Looking back I realize how OP that thing was, you could get an indirect burst and indirect slosh and still kill with one main I believe, but that is getting off topic. The point is, this thing means you don’t have to be the most accurate person in the world and still beget kills. Also it boosts mobility incredibly, but really only vertically and rarely horizontally, the curling bomb is good at moving horizontally. So the reason I don’t like the thing on the Mini is that the burst doesn’t show off it’s full potentional, you can’t burst cancel, and as for margin for error, there isn’t a lot this time around. Really only mobility is what the burst helps with, but it doesn’t really need that a whole lot...I could talk for days, about how I prefer the vanilla is still better than the Zimi, but let’s not...except I will still point out that the Burst isn’t a butter sub for the Mini than a Curling Bomb.
Well why not bring it up? I happen to disagree. I think the zimi is better and I’m curious as to why you believe the mini is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom