• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 My v.3.0 Tier List

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
WHAE WHA.

Why is my BRELLA BOI only at S and not S+/X?

This is not a accusation, it's just asking.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
WHAE WHA.

Why is my BRELLA BOI only at S and not S+/X?

This is not a accusation, it's just asking.
Brella got hit pretty hard by the Inkstorm nerf, and one of the weapon's main counters, Blaster, is the best weapon in the game right now.

Dualie Squelchers in S... so after standing up for him so extensively, you disagree with Creeperfishstix after all? I like the weapon but it's A at best.
Wait did I put that in S?
EDIT: Yeah that isn't supposed to be there.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
The Pro is at B? Also the difference between Slosher Deco and Slosher is like 3 ranks!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The Pro is at B? Also the difference between Slosher Deco and Slosher is like 3 ranks!
The reason Pro is so low is because it has a much harder time fighting weapons like Splattershot than other mid-long range shooters. The .96 has a fast killtime and Armor, the .96 Deco has a wall and Splashdown. The Jets have Burst Bombs/Mist, the Dualie Squelchers can roll. The Pro has nothing.

And for the Sloshers, like all weapons, kits change everything.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The reason Pro is so low is because it has a much harder time fighting weapons like Splattershot than other mid-long range shooters. The .96 has a fast killtime and Armor, the .96 Deco has a wall and Splashdown. The Jets have Burst Bombs/Mist, the Dualie Squelchers can roll. The Pro has nothing.

And for the Sloshers, like all weapons, kits change everything.
Gold Areospray for S+ tier! :p

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Very good list! However, personally I think every weapon in S should be an A while the weapons in S+ should be S because while I agree that they're clearly good weapons, most have a sizeable amount of counters/checks within or even outside their respective ranks (Ex. Clash beats Splat Brella. Splat charger can check Dapple. etc.)

And may I ask why Pro is lower than .96? Both pros have a workable if not good kits and more forgiving stats such as accuracy and fire-rate while .96 has RNG shots and a sluggish fire-rate.

Also I think Glooga should be C because it has mediocre damage, a sluggish fire-rate, bad painting, and Ink Mines don't really help with the kit at all.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Very good list! However, personally I think every weapon in S should be an A while the weapons in S+ should be S because while I agree that they're clearly good weapons, most have a sizeable amount of counters/checks within or even outside their respective ranks (Ex. Clash beats Splat Brella. Splat charger can check Dapple. etc.)

And may I ask why Pro is lower than .96? Both pros have a workable if not good kits and more forgiving stats such as accuracy and fire-rate while .96 has RNG shots and a sluggish fire-rate.

Also I think Glooga should be C because it has mediocre damage, a sluggish fire-rate, bad painting, and Ink Mines don't really help with the kit at all.
The only reliable counter to Blaster is Slosher Deco, hence why it's in S+.

Pro isn't lower than .96. If you read the top of the list, it states that "The weapons in each tier (except S+) are not in order of viability." Pro is not ranked lower than .96. It is ranked in the same category.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The only reliable counter to Blaster is Slosher Deco, hence why it's in S+.

Pro isn't lower than .96. If you read the top of the list, it states that "The weapons in each tier (except S+) are not in order of viability." Pro is not ranked lower than .96. It is ranked in the same category.
I wouldn't even call the Slosher a counter to Blaster, let alone the only one. Fighting within the deadzone isn't that advantageous for the Slosher as it's movement and ttk are on the slower side, and it only has a tad more range. The Deco has Baller sure but you're not always going to have Baller so I wouldn't say that's reliable. There are other weapons with more range/mobility/ttk that I would sooner call a Blaster counter, most notably the Dualie Squelchers.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
A question that I've been having: How does one make these lists? Do they rate it by viabiliity? If so, is it just when a person picks that weapon up, or something else? I've been doing it by how far someone can go without practicing a weapon.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I wouldn't even call the Slosher a counter to Blaster, let alone the only one. Fighting within the deadzone isn't that advantageous for the Slosher as it's movement and ttk are on the slower side, and it only has a tad more range. The Deco has Baller sure but you're not always going to have Baller so I wouldn't say that's reliable. There are other weapons with more range/mobility/ttk that I would sooner call a Blaster counter, most notably the Dualie Squelchers.
That's exactly why Blaster is so good. It has Splashdown, so you CAN'T fight in its dead zone most of the time. Even without the Splashdown, it's super hard to approach without dying in the process. The Slosher Deco counters almost every aspect of the Blaster. It outranges it by ~2x, it has a Baller (one of the hardest matchups for Blasters), has Sprinkler to paint well so the Blaster can't get too close, and gets a ton of Ballers because of it.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
A question that I've been having: How does one make these lists? Do they rate it by viabiliity? If so, is it just when a person picks that weapon up, or something else? I've been doing it by how far someone can go without practicing a weapon.
This tier list (and hopefully all) is based on the competitive viability of weapons when played at the highest level. The skill of the player remains constant throughout the list.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
This tier list (and hopefully all) is based on the competitive viability of weapons when played at the highest level. The skill of the player remains constant throughout the list.
Okay, it's judged based on the competitive meta when played at the highest level. However, is it based on how many wins a weapon gets, how easy it can kill, how popular it is, or all three? Maybe another reason?

EDIT: Basically, What dictates how viable a weapon is?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That's exactly why Blaster is so good. It has Splashdown, so you CAN'T fight in its dead zone most of the time. Even without the Splashdown, it's super hard to approach without dying in the process. The Slosher Deco counters almost every aspect of the Blaster. It outranges it by ~2x, it has a Baller (one of the hardest matchups for Blasters), has Sprinkler to paint well so the Blaster can't get too close, and gets a ton of Ballers because of it.
Outranges it by 2x!? Ha if only, the difference in range is a mere 0.2 lines. In practice it's not easy to stay within such a small window, especially on a weapon that barely moves during it's shooting animation. While within the Blaster's ideal range the Slosher is still disadvantaged in the match-up like most every weapon. The Blaster's bigger and better hitbox let's it take more advantage of the terrain while requiring less precision aim. And like I said Baller isn't always available, so if that's the only reason Slosher Deco counters Blaster, then at the very least I wouldn't call it a reliable counter. You'll have to fight Blasters without Baller more often than not, with the tiny 0.2 range difference being your only advantage.

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.

Minor point but I don't think the splat charger (or any charter) is a good counter to the dapples. I almost never get killed by chargers when I'm playing them because of the dodge roll.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Minor point but I don't think the splat charger (or any charter) is a good counter to the dapples. I almost never get killed by chargers when I'm playing them because of the dodge roll.
I never said Splat Charger was a counter. I said it was a check which means that it can kill dapple easily at its advantageous state, but dapple can kill a splat charger with no issue when up close.

My point was that normally a good charger can kill a short ranged weapon without a problem, but in close combat they're awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom