• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA and EU Splatfest-OJ with or without pulp

Which do YOU prefer

• OJ with pulp

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • OJ without pulp

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I know, Dualie Squelchers are such an unfair weapon in both combinations. I just hate the Ink Storm special in general, it takes way too long for it to go away.
Dualie Squelchers? are they really that hard to deal with? i did had some against me in matches but i never seemed to have a extra difficulty with them,but i agree with the ink storm being a pain,from all specials i think my least favorites to deal with are ink storms and super jumps x.x

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Dualie Squelchers? are they really that hard to deal with? i did had some against me in matches but i never seemed to have a extra difficulty with them,but i agree with the ink storm being a pain,from all specials i think my least favorites to deal with are ink storms and super jumps x.x
I wouldn't say...hard? They're just super super annoying. Specially when there's more than one on a team. Tenta missile spam + inkstorm spam + splat bomb spam is just...agitating. Then their range and lagless rolls are just a bother. Dealing with one is fine, two is pushing it, but then 3? No. Worse when you get paired with people who use short ranged weapons. Then you're just out ranged massively.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, this Splatfest was something. First one playing as an Octoling and first one where I reached Monarch* rank with the Splattershot (after getting in a few good rounds with the N-Zap '85). What I can say with confidence is that No-Pulp has popularity in the bag.

(*And yes, I meant to say "Monarch". In my headcanon Agent 8 discovered gender-fluidity after escaping to Inkopolis and decided it was up their alley. Meanwhile, Agent 4 is still male.)

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I know, Dualie Squelchers are such an unfair weapon in both combinations. I just hate the Ink Storm special in general, it takes way too long for it to go away.
I use ink storm with a lot of special power ups so my ink storms are extra annoying. lol. I actually prefer the dapples for ink storm. They’re much faster but I have to play a little smarter when facing longer range weapons.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Well, this Splatfest was something. First one playing as an Octoling and first one where I reached Monarch* rank with the Splattershot (after getting in a few good rounds with the N-Zap '85). What I can say with confidence is that No-Pulp has popularity in the bag.

(*And yes, I meant to say "Monarch". In my headcanon Agent 8 discovered gender-fluidity after escaping to Inkopolis and decided it was up their alley. Meanwhile, Agent 4 is still male.)
Dude.....look at all of your sea snails. :0 You never reroll for chunks? I’m that person who buys every piece of gear and add slots to them so I go through snails like crazy. Not to mention rerolling.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I went team pulp. This is just something I don't understand. Why are people so passionate about this? Going on about how disgusting pulp is and whatnot. I mean...I understand preferring no pulp, but hating it? Like.....you hate bits of orange in your orange juice? Why are you drinking it if you hate oranges so much? For the "Why don't you just eat an orange?" argument...you can't wash down breakfast with an orange.

My personal ignorance aside, RNG really REALLY blessed me this Splatfest. I played like garbage the entire Splatfest, and I still ended up winning 18 matches and losing 7. My teammates were excellent this Splatfest, and I felt pretty guilty. Ended up with a pretty decent score too (attached).

I decided to try out vanilla Splash-o-matic this Splatfest, and I really enjoyed it. Toxic mist is so useful for keeping enemies from approaching and helping teammates get kills. Then there's the fact that it's so fast to build up Inkjet, which is always a huge plus. It felt nice being the only vanilla Splash-o-matic in a sea of Splash-o-matic Neos and Dualie Squelchers.

The 10 character limit reared its ugly head when I wanted to change my name. "Pulp Fiction" would have been a great name, but noooooo, it has too many characters.

Her expression covers how I felt the day I played.
DgZ6NXqU8AAMjWC.jpg

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it even possible to play on the right side of this Shifty? I only played matches on the left. I assume the other team just is mirrored compared to what they're seeing on their screen?

Anyway, I just "finished" this fest. As in, leveling up to Queen. 14 wins, 20 losses for team no pulp. Had tons of bad teams, but also had tons of disconnects and a couple of mirror matches, so it's probably not quite as bad as those numbers. But I still fully expect to lose this fest, and that's fine. It's not like I saw too many people who deserved to win on my team...(not that I was doing great either).
I always dread splatfest because that's when 90% of my matches are filled with either dualie squelchers.
Dualie Squelchers have become pretty much the most common weapon online in the last few weeks. It's one of the few weapons where I think both kits really fit, so I can kinda see why. But it's weird that they didn't get used that much in the past, and now both variants are super common.

I did have a bit of trouble with them this fest. I was playing the Splattershot Pro most of the time. And for some reason, any straight-up duel between me and a Dualie Squelcher was a very uphill battle. They have more or less the same range, and it's not like the Pro is that inaccurate, so I have no idea what was going on, but it sucked.

Cephalobro

What's ironic is that most of my losses were against other No-Pulp teams, thus not counting towards the actual Splatfest result. No-Pulp pretty much needs to win in another category to take the victory since it is clear they already won in Popularity.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Is it even possible to play on the right side of this Shifty? I only played matches on the left. I assume the other team just is mirrored compared to what they're seeing on their screen?
Pearl's team always plays starting from the right side, Marina's team always plays starting from he left.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But how about mirror matches, though? I've had those happen quite a lot and still never started right. Could just be a coincidence of course.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
But how about mirror matches, though? I've had those happen quite a lot and still never started right. Could just be a coincidence of course.
Mirror matches, it's a toss up. Seems you were just lucky/unlucky and ended up on Bravo team each time.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
(^-^)_日 Mmm~♫! Sweet, delicious pulp! *chugs*

Got to do at least one team session, because everyone else went no pulp. lol

Primarily used the Sloshing Machine Neo, followed by the Slosher Deco, with a lil bit of Zink Mini Splatling as my body was crashing because it was late/early as hell. But it did let me enjoy the octo-girl's slosher win and lose animations.

So anyone else get Saltspray Rig vibes from the latest Shifty Station.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Yes my pulpy friends. We shall arise and rule the world together!

Had a really amazing experience which ended in a final power of around 2336 with tops being 2355. I used the Undercover Sorella Brella and enjoyed tons of the Octoboy win animation.

Still laughing at the fact that when Octolings, who are more serious than Inklings, finally arise from the Deepsea Metro, the first Splatfest that happens is about Orange Juice.

Shifty Station was fun, but it felt too small to be a stage. It was fun being Donald Trump and making a wall that players had to go around.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Still laughing at the fact that when Octolings, who are more serious than Inklings, finally arise from the Deepsea Metro, the first Splatfest that happens is about Orange Juice.
I'm amused by it too, actually makes me wonder what the next Splatfest will be for the three regions.

Didn't go back to the Square until 100% OctoExpansion and this is the first post I run into. lel

Agent 3 does not approve.

"Psst! Hey, hey octogirl!"

"Well fine then!"

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Aww, I guess we no-pulpers got beaten fair and square...
I always dread splatfest because that's when 90% of my matches are filled with either dualie squelchers. It wouldn't be odd if I was against 3 of them on a team.
I am so glad that I am not the only one who hates the Dualie Squelchers. I've been moaning about them since they got the lagless roll buff so to see other annoyed by them make me happy in some weird, narcissistic way relieved.
It's cute, but you know would be even better? If they re-ran the Front Roll vs Back Roll Splatfest:

One of the only things more pointless than arguing about orange juice, would be to have another argument about toilet paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom