• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA splatfest! Snowman vs Sandcastle

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I hate to think like this, but I can't help it. I was originally going to go Team Marie simply because of the news dialogue, but most of the lower levels in my Plaza chose Sandcastle, and now most of you here are choosing Snowman. I want those snails! But I want to vote for Marie!

And after a minute of thinking, I've decided that I already have the most optimal gear for my playstyle and snails don't really matter. Hopefully the new system works out, and I get decent teams. Go Sandcastle!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I hate to think like this, but I can't help it. I was originally going to go Team Marie simply because of the news dialogue, but most of the lower levels in my Plaza chose Sandcastle, and now most of you here are choosing Snowman. I want those snails! But I want to vote for Marie!

And after a minute of thinking, I've decided that I already have the most optimal gear for my playstyle and snails don't really matter. Hopefully the new system works out, and I get decent teams. Go Sandcastle!
Well Marie won the last splatfest (go team blue), but this time...;)

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3

there be people choosing sandcastle just because "all the kids" will pick snowman cuz of frozen soo...>.>
I am not gonna bandwagon anythin and after hearing the dialog ugh! still...雪!!!!!!i like snow, it is who i am

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Just a reminder:

A lot of players playing will have never seen snow before, and if they have, not enough to be able to build a snowman.

...A lot of other players have never played with beach sand, either.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???? you sure about that? how do you know?

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Just a reminder:

A lot of players playing will have never seen snow before, and if they have, not enough to be able to build a snowman.

I livee in Pennsylvania and I find this very offensive

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Just a reminder:

you make it seem like everybody lives in a tropical country...

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
What's with all of this knockback on me?

It's absolutely true. Many players in California and the Southern United States see snow as something exotic. Which might mean they cherish it more than someone in New England, or they might stick with what they know. Not sure what's more likely.

There are a lot of landlocked folks in North America, as well, who don't have regular access to the beach. The regular sand they might encounter is a children's sandbox.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I done both so I am not sure how he can say such things XD

and you do not need a beach to build a sandcastle, I had my own little sandbox when I was little.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas

and you do not need a beach to build a sandcastle, I had my own little sandbox when I was little.
The only sandbox I've ever played with was from preschool.

You couldn't actually build anything with it.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x

unless you plan on adding water to solidify the foundations, you cant build a sandcastle with sand alone.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
well my mom did not seem to mind when I added some water?
i am confused
Well, sandcastles originated on beaches because...

1. The sand is there natively.
2. The water is there natively.

Bringing water from the sink to your sandbox (assuming you don't spill any along the way — a big reason why a preschool teacher might not let you do it) is a derivative and inferior experience, and a lot of people I think haven't experienced it.

Likewise, many people haven't experienced snow in a satisfactory manner, like this guy:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk_0ZAJDQ

"This decision was not hard for me at all! I don't get snow from where I come from, but I've been to snowy places before! And, uh, I THINK I have tried building snowmen before, but they've always came out sloppy and weird looking! xD"
"Also, I love to go and visit the beach a lot, and I prefer the warm weather instead of freezing cold weather! Brrr! xp I love to play in the sand with my family, and yes, we will build sandcastles! Sorry Callie, but I'm gonna have to go with Marie on this one!"

Edit:

Here's another.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk_0h8QQQ

"too bad where i live it doesnt snow so team sandcastle"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom