• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA splatfest! Snowman vs Sandcastle

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Well, sandcastles originated on beaches because...

1. The sand is there natively.
2. The water is there natively.

Bringing water from the sink to your sandbox (assuming you don't spill any along the way — a big reason why a preschool teacher might not let you do it) is a derivative and inferior experience, and a lot of people I think haven't experienced it.
Still confused, lol, what does preeschool teacher have to do with anything? I just took a hose and put a little water in it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Still confused, lol, what does preeschool teacher have to do with anything? I just took a hose and put a little water in it.
Someone else said they couldn't do that at their preschool, so he addressed that. I myself have pretty much never played in a sandbox, but I have gone to the beach.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Someone else said they couldn't do that at their preschool, so he addressed that. I myself have pretty much never played in a sandbox, but I have gone to the beach.
wait.... he had a sandbox in the preschool? how strange...

No i said I had my own sandbox like outside my house XD

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
This is a tough choice...I love building both snowmen and sandcastles. I like to support Marie, and Callie's dialogue is cringeworthy, but I think I'm going to have to choose snowmen. I always like to make snow Pokemon when snow comes along.

Time to reconsider multiple times and maybe even change my mind.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I eventually decided to choose Sandcastles because

1. I remember having lots of fun making sand "castles" when I was younger, they may have been lame, but it was my favorite thing to do at the beach.
2. You need to have just the right type of snow to make a snowman, too fluffy and it does not stick, too icey and it is too hard to mold. Sandcastles just need sand and water.
3. I have been waiting for yellow ink for Splatfests since they started, and I already did blue last time. Can't turn down my favorite color.
4. Reading Callie's splatfest announcement dialogue hurt my brain. I die a little inside when someone uses literally incorrectly.

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
It's never really snowed where I live, so Sandcastle it is.

sloth™

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZombifiedZanne
Snowman all the way, I can't stand heat and I've never been able to make a decent sandcastle.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...the hell were they smoking when they came up with this?

Anyway, I know for a fact I've built sandcastles before. Nothing fancy, just packed some sand into a bucket and flipped it over. The one time I made a snowman, it was far too small for my liking, and at any rate my ******* roommate kicked it over when he first saw it.

But, I would prefer going up to the mountains and snowy areas than down to the beach. I don't know why, but I'm lost interest in ever going down there. So I'm just going to have to put up with Callie's awful street slang (seriously, what the **** is a fleek anyway?) for this one.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
By Americans standards this is pretty lame still good theme but Murica can do better looks like we in the EU finally have the better theme HELL YES
If I was in America definetly snowman you can go to the beach nearly any day but I haven't seen snow on 3 years so I'd take every oppurtunity for snowmen.
image.jpeg

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
...the hell were they smoking when they came up with this?

Anyway, I know for a fact I've built sandcastles before. Nothing fancy, just packed some sand into a bucket and flipped it over. The one time I made a snowman, it was far too small for my liking, and at any rate my ******* roommate kicked it over when he first saw it.

But, I would prefer going up to the mountains and snowy areas than down to the beach. I don't know why, but I'm lost interest in ever going down there. So I'm just going to have to put up with Callie's awful street slang (seriously, what the **** is a fleek anyway?) for this one.
On fleek is a more "street" way of saying on point, which is to say that something looks great or is great. Like for example, if i say your dress is on fleek, i'm basically saying that you look perfect in that dress. So if your sandcastle is on fleek, your sand castle looks perfect. And if you say your sandcastle game is on fleek, than you're basically saying that your ability to make sandcastle is great, with game in this situation being the synonym to ability or talent. Also i don't use the word myself since i hate it as much as bae, but i know some people who do. Don't ask me where the word came from though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom