• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Aerospray MG and subweapon gameplay

Howl7

Pro Squid
Cool setup! It seems really good to me too, especially the secondary and special weapon, thanks for sharing it!^^

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
So in this video they showed off the Aerospray MG main weapon, the Seeker sub weapon, and the Inkzooka special weapon.

The Aerospray seems pretty good. Covers quite a lot of ground. The Seeker sets up a nice ink path to squid through.

(Side note, funny how in the Japanese version, it's not "good guys" and "bad guys" but rather just "your own team" and "opponents' team.")

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
The player does an excellent job of controlling the map. She doesn't overextend herself, but attacks when she sees openings. She falls back when she's at a disadvantage. It's not about kills but about containing the enemy near their base.

Cozmosus

Inkling
Glad to see the Seeker is nicely balanced. Not OP at all and can be dodged as easily as other bombs.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Holy heck, that person was good at Splatoon. I can't wait until I'm able to tear up the battlefield like that.

The Seeker is a funny one, because it uses up almost all your ink but provides a way for you to replenish that easily. It's a very cool weapon.

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
the weapon seems decent, but that person was definitely a solid player. You could probably give him any weapon and he would do well.

the seeker is probably the coolest out of any of those weapons in the video

Last edited:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
oh my god, using the missile sub-weapon for travel! has no one thought of this before!? that's genius!

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
The player does an excellent job of controlling the map. She doesn't overextend herself, but attacks when she sees openings. She falls back when she's at a disadvantage. It's not about kills but about containing the enemy near their base.
Yeah if this is what high level Splatoon play is going to look like I cannot wait

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
On one hand I'm a bit disappointed, I was kind of under the assumption this was gonna be the game's version of a flamethrower. The fact that it has maxed out fire rate made me think it was a continuous stream, plus it's named like spray paint, and it even looks like one.

On the other hand, I think I just found the weapon I'll be using. Looks amazing.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
i absolutely love that setup that sub weapon is my favorite. Kit's probably 5,000+ points whatever the currency is but definitely a set i would pick up.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
oh my god, using the missile sub-weapon for travel! has no one thought of this before!? that's genius!
considering how braindead obvious it is, I'd put that down to us not having access to it in the demo

these are the sorts of things that will be found day 1 by anyone who actually tries things out

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
Very good set for close quarters mind games.

The homing missile works wonders for putting opponents into sticky situations, and forcing them to either retreat or get blasted by the missile/your shots at them. Very good for mobility as well since you can follow the tracker safely without having to worry someone in front of you will take you out - all while refilling your ink as you go. The cannon special is damn good. It has excellent range and it's a one hit kill.

Overall a very good set for both offensive and defensive play.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
considering how braindead obvious it is, I'd put that down to us not having access to it in the demo

these are the sorts of things that will be found day 1 by anyone who actually tries things out
But it's an advanced technique.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
But it's an advanced technique.
does this mean I get credit for it because I said in some thread after the demo that people spamming secondaries out of spawn to rush mid is something that should be happening

if so I will call this technique 'banana bending'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom