New DLC Map Ideas?

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
I'd like to have some type of house maybe, like a mansion or something. There might be a courtyard on the right and indoors on the left, or vice versa. It'll be a map like Saltspray, where you have to control both inside the house (tight corridors, multiple levels) and outside in the courtyard (open spaces, multiple vantage points but one level).

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I would like to see a cave type stage. Lots of stalagmites and stalactites. Have some small streams running through it without any bridges so you have to leap over them to move across the map. All surfaces inkable. How fun would it be to swim up to the ceiling of the cave and dive bomb to the floor to surprise your opponent?

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Princess peach's castle.
Or Bowser's.
Any one of the both.
Combined maybe.

This game also needs smash 4 amiibo support, Tournament mode, and Custom weapons.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Princess peach's castle.
Or Bowser's.
Any one of the both.
Combined maybe.

This game also needs smash 4 amiibo support, Tournament mode, and Custom weapons.
Yeah, I don't see any of that stuff happening... well, aside from maybe the amiibo.

AnInkyGift

Inkling
If I must reply, then I will go into detail. I even come up with names and detailed things while I'm doing this, so lets get started.
The map name would be Seashell Bay, and it would have some water hazards. The spawns would be on giant sandcastles and around the map there will be huge seashells that will launch you in the air, but to make it fair for you and the other team the path is always shown, making them a bit of a camp spot, but it would work like a superjump where you can shoot a second before you land. So onto the map structure!
seashell_bay.png

If I must reply, then I will go into detail. I even come up with names and detailed things while I'm doing this, so lets get started.
The map name would be Seashell Bay, and it would have some water hazards. The spawns would be on giant sandcastles and around the map there will be huge seashells that will launch you in the air, but to make it fair for you and the other team the path is always shown, making them a bit of a camp spot, but it would work like a superjump where you can shoot a second before you land. So onto the map structure!
seashell_bay.png
So, anyone like my poor drawing skills?

Last edited by a moderator:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ooh ooh
My idea is a map named

PINETREE GARDENS

Basically it's a massive garden

With pineapple trees and other garden based stuff maybe slides swings

In the back ground you have loads of hills and at the top of the biggest hill there is a massive mansion (background)

And inv the gardens it's layered and in the top layer of the garden there's like an orchard and you can swim up trees which is great for chargers

In the middle you have bushes flowers playground equipment which is great for rollers and the bottom layer there's like construction and stuff like that and there's mesh so it's great for average guns, gals , squelchers

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
I'm just ganna build on the ideas already mentioned 'cuz for some reason I can't think of my own. Maybe later i'll make a post with my own ideas.

A junk/scrapyard landfill would be amazing and a bit tricky. There could be irregular piles and like mud puddle that slow and damage both teams.
A stadium specifically designed for ink battles would also be awesome because then we can get some unnatural terrain and can be a bit more surreal in design than most of the other maps. Maybe include some actually plat forming to get around or even multiply forms (like animal crossing stage in MK8).
A cave would also be amazing maybe at the cave's mouth and have the cave near sea level. Maybe have it near where the depot, so there would be some sewage pipes and sewage pour into the water around the map (also to help with the aesthetic).
An amusement park would also be fun, have the battle on the scoffing between a waterslide and a rollercoaster (recreating a splatfest every time it's played).
Finally a park (the other kind) would be good. Maybe a more of a courtyard to fit the urban theme with a fountain in the center.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Here's a map idea I've been cooking up.

Name: Rasbora Subway

Concept Sketch:

Description:
The map is an underground subway system, the respawn points are located at the subway entrances on opposite sides of the tunnel. A set of ramps, stairs, and escalators (not functioning) lead into the main area. If you look behind you, you'll be blocked by barriers but you can see the outside light peering through.

The main area is generally a large square, the area is divided into three parts, the horizontal lanes on each teams' side and the lane in the center. Walls, crates, ad signs, and other miscellaneous objects will act as cover and obstacles.

In between each lane is a lower area where the train tracks are, this area is very flat and can be used to cross between the lanes. Alternatively there are ramps located towards the right of your team's lane which leads to a grated walkway allowing you to travel over the tracks.

The main gimmick of this stage is the trains which will routinely pass by. 30 seconds into the match a train horn can be heard and the first two trains will pass by and more trains will follow every minute after the 30 second mark. When the trains are present, the lower paths between each lane will become impassable and the only method of crossing will be the bridges. Each set of trains typically lasts 10 seconds and just touching them results in an immediate splat, any sprinkler, squid beakon, etc in the train path will be immediately destroyed (if you're in a bubbler or kraken you will bounce off the side of the train or bounce to the side if you jump on top of it).

Hazards
-Grated paths - No pits but there are still paths you can phase through.
-Trains - Will regularly pass by. Touch these and you get splatted.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
For single-player gimmicks in multiplayer stages, I think the ones that would transfer over the best would be Geysers, Sponges, and Ink Rails.
Sponges and Ink rails especially would transfer well, since sponges already have the "shrinks when opposing ink hits them" mechanic and ink rails can just switch colors when counter-inked, dropping any Inklings traveling in them when it happens.

I'd like to see a map shaped somewhat like Depot, but based around four tall sniper towers connected by ink rails; the towers are tall enough that the actual "death zone" around them from E-Liters is relatively small, but close enough together that more than just chargers can battle between them. The bottom half of each tower would be non-inkable scaffolding, so the only way to climb up would be to ink and climb sponges. The spawn areas would be set up similarly to Kelp Dome (tall tower with grating platform overlooking the team's innermost territory). There'd be a medium-height raised area accessible from which opponents could get into firing range of each spawn, but the majority of it would be grating (allowing the beseiged team to attack from above (spawn grating) and below (beneath the attack grating), with a gusher or two in the middle of each grate to provide access from the spawn side.

...I really wish Splatoon had a level editor. :P

Tomatomodest

Pro Squid
NNID
Gamethesystem
Sponges and Ink rails especially would transfer well, since sponges already have the "shrinks when opposing ink hits them" mechanic and ink rails can just switch colors when counter-inked, dropping any Inklings traveling in them when it happens.

I'd like to see a map shaped somewhat like Depot, but based around four tall sniper towers connected by ink rails; the towers are tall enough that the actual "death zone" around them from E-Liters is relatively small, but close enough together that more than just chargers can battle between them. The bottom half of each tower would be non-inkable scaffolding, so the only way to climb up would be to ink and climb sponges. The spawn areas would be set up similarly to Kelp Dome (tall tower with grating platform overlooking the team's innermost territory). There'd be a medium-height raised area accessible from which opponents could get into firing range of each spawn, but the majority of it would be grating (allowing the beseiged team to attack from above (spawn grating) and below (beneath the attack grating), with a gusher or two in the middle of each grate to provide access from the spawn side.

...I really wish Splatoon had a level editor. :p
Super Splatoon Maker?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Super Splatoon Maker?
Maybe in Splatoon 2. Splatwoon?

I'll be honestly I've had this idea in my head as well. You would build half the map and they would either be created mirrored (like Saltspray) or spiral (like most other maps). Probably with a simple 3D grid format building style including ramps, grates, inkable and uninkable surfaces and more. These user created maps would only be usable in Private Battles of course.

Last edited:

Tomatomodest

Pro Squid
NNID
Gamethesystem
Congratulations, you now have all of my yes. :p
Maybe a Isle delfino map DLC?

I'll be honestly I've had this idea in my head as well. Maps would either be created mirrored or reflected. Probably with a simple 3D grid format building style including ramps, grates, inkable and uninkable surfaces and more. These user created maps would only be usable in Private Battles of course.
Man, this thread is becoming really interesting so many people with so many unique ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL

I'll be honestly I've had this idea in my head as well. You would build half the map and they would either be created mirrored (like Bluefin) or spiral (like most other maps). Probably with a simple 3D grid format building style including ramps, grates, inkable and uninkable surfaces and more. These user created maps would only be usable in Private Battles of course.
I could see the interface working very similarly to the Portal 2 level editor--it's clean and easy to use while still allowing for plenty of flexibility.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
A carnival or something similar would be pretty cool; if you look from one spawn on Hammerhead Bridge back to the shore, you can see a ferris wheel there, imagine that as a bigger backdrop (especially during Splatfest)... And as mentioned before, something incorporating some single player mechanics like sponges and ink rails would certainly make for very interesting matches.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Ink rails wouldn't be too great since the properties of ink rail priority could really screw you over instantly. Sponges could work if they function like the Rainmaker shield however I feel people might end up trying to fight over these in an endless tug of war depending on where they're placed, unlike the Rainmaker shield that explodes, sponges don't disappear and the enemy could shoot it while you're standing on it.

Sometimes I think adding too many single player elements would simply over-complicate things.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
We need a standard, paintball arena-esque stage. That would really make things grounded and allow for more competitive play.

A space themed course would look snazzy, too. Maybe they could do something along the lines of the Star Fox Orbital Assault stage from Super Smash Bros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom