• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New DLC Map Ideas?

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Ink rails wouldn't be too great since the properties of ink rail priority could really screw you over instantly. Sponges could work if they function like the Rainmaker shield however I feel people might end up trying to fight over these in an endless tug of war depending on where they're placed, unlike the Rainmaker shield that explodes, sponges don't disappear and the enemy could shoot it while you're standing on it.

Sometimes I think adding too many single player elements would simply over-complicate things.
Not necessarily. As long as the ink rails aren't put over pits/water, the worst that would happen is that you're kicked out of the rail and lose positioning. It'd also be a good idea to put the "start" orbs in places with partial cover, so that you have to approach them from a certain direction (thus making the ink rail defensible).

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I would like a map where it's very easy to get knocked off into water, bottomless pit, etc. The other players will not be the only major hazard in this crazy stage! Maybe some shifting platforms constantly moving, always splatting hapless inklings. A weapon factory would be a cool back round setting.

However, this hypothetical stage would be competitive nightmare, and would probably be banned from tourneys.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
A mountain themed stage where two teams can race up to the top to cover turf. It starts on a flat ground that opens up to much of the circular mountain. The sides would be a mix of flat platforms, inkable ramps, and rock/balloon obstacles for cover from snipers, and there are entryways to cave systems that let you flank your opponents and avoid fire. The top would be a medium sized flat cone that has a good position to strike, but is vulnerable due to the small lake in the center.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i really like all the outdoor stage ideas. the possibilities for colors and decorations are really fun to think about.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Indoor stages sound like a nice change of pace. So many have been said, I can't think of any more. But for outdoor, what about a giant sewer system? I guess it would have to be all outside, but maybe with several grates that you can squid down into the tunnels? With some water flowing on the sides of pathways for more danger. The water would rise two or three times throughout to clean out the gunk, so you'd have to be mindful of staying down too long. With ladders on walls you can swim back up and platforms above ground and below.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'd be surprised of "Office" was not indoors. (I was surprised that Museum d'Alfonsino wasn't though.)

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Oh where to start. How about a disco map or a aquarium. A map based with ziplines, a map based on octofalley.

QueenPanda

Inkling
NNID
MayaS55
I think I'd like to see some sort of a map where there's a small platform you have to use to get from one area to another, maybe even utilizing those ink lines used in single player to get to each spot. Definitely plenty of layers

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Ring-shaped kind of crater stage with a giant death pit in the middle. Crash landing of some kind of Octarian space craft maybe. It would be dark and fiery, with some sniping posts on a elevated ring around the central death pit. Good vantage but risky because its easy to fall. Perhaps some moving platforms to traverse the center of the pit. IDK MAN

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Don't know if it would work well, but I thought the one giant turret you can use sometimes in single player would be interesting.
I thought that was definitely a fun-sounding idea. I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. It could have an overheating feature to prevent over-usage although I cant imagine anyone using it would stay alive very long. The missiles move slowly enough to where I dont think it would be too broken to be on the receiving end of one; you'd have ample time to dodge.

ƒ(s)=SA20

Inkling
NNID
SuperAceNetwork
I think we need a stage with inkrails and sponges. There could be a new color of ink that both teams could swim in.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Before I went to sleep yesterday, I came up with a new and unique map idea. It's basically a [strong]vertical map[/strong] and it uses the propeller-platforms that we got to know in singleplayer and Ancho-V Games.
I had two different versions in mind, so I just drew two quick and raw sketches to illustrate my idea (and because my hands aren't used to using a pencil excessively anymore and start aching almost immediately^^), so don't mind the proportions and the crooked lines. ;)
Maybe I'll do a cleaner digital version later.

I think I got the basics covered for the rank modes, but I'll still need to work out more horizontal ground for TW.
What do you think? Any ideas? I'd love to see a vertical map, because that's something the game doesn't have yet. I think after I've received some feedback and worked out everything, I'm gonna send it to Nintendo. Maybe they can make something out of it. Love to hear your thoughts and improvement suggestions. :)

version a
version b

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'd love to see a vertical map, because that's something the game doesn't have yet.
A vertical map really can't work out well, considering that turf is recorded from a bird's-eye view. Moray Towers is really the closest thing to a vertical map.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
A vertical map really can't work out well, considering that turf is recorded from a bird's-eye view. Moray Towers is really the closest thing to a vertical map.
Yeah I know, this would probably be a map with relatively few ground to ink, that's why I haven't figured out a way for TW yet. But of course there could be more and bigger platforms to make up for it. At this point it's just a basic idea, but I thought wth, we have so many maps now, one unique vertical map with limited horizontal space could be interesting. :)

J-Rae

Inkling
NNID
PinkieVoltage
I was talking about this with my squad last weekend, and I'd like to see a stage that incorporated sprinklers.

A layout with similar platform height differences like Mahi Mahi, but maybe a bit more square like Urchin Underpass. Anyway, there would be one sprinkler close by each of the spawns, and then one larger sprinkler near the middle. Similar to how the sub sprinklers are destroyed, to get one of the sprinkler to activate you need to deal a certain amount of damage to it. And obviously once your team activated the sprinkler, it sprays out your color ink. To initially start a sprinkler it'll take the normal amount of damage to destroy a sub sprinkler, but to take one over (change the ink color from the enemy's to yours), it'll require double the damage.

A few ideas I was thinking about with this was if the permanent sprinklers would deal out more damage, as well as if the sprinkler in the middle would have a wider range (and possibly deal less damage than the sub-sprinklers/ spray at a slower rate). For the last minute of a match I was also kind of thinking about maybe having the sprinklers turn off or spray water instead? Possibly making the last minute more intense and crucial.

Or maybe a stage that involves some large rotating platforms? Like the platform flips to another side after 15 seconds or so allowing both sides to be inked, and maybe some surprise splats from people hiding in the ink as the platform rotates. :)

Pip

Nohrian Scum
NNID
PipstersLegacy
I think a map themed on Marie and Callie would be cool, perhaps a stage or a concert with them in the background? Or maybe that could be a map for splatfests since they're singing in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom