• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New DLC Map Ideas?

InklingCaitlin

Full Squid
NNID
Caitlin
Switch Friend Code
SW-0816-6246-4407
I'd love Nintendo themed levels, such as skyloft from legend of Zelda skyward sword, hyrule castle, or an animal crossing map like in Mario kart 8 would be fun to ink.

plxndr

Inkling
NNID
plxndr
I’ve always wanted ink rails! I think it would be cool if you could shoot it to make it your color, but your opponents could do the same so only they have access to it.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I actually always thought a slide stage would be fun, as in having low friction and sliding down a spiral slide whether you're walking or swimming. Similar to the conveyer belts of Piranha Pit, just that getting stuck in enemy ink would stop you from sliding, and suction bombs would stay put. Of course there would still be platforms all around to escape the slide and for E-Liters to have nice sniping positions, as well as the opportunity to jump down to a different level of the slide.

Yochanon

Inkling
Thats actually a pretty good idea. You know... I wanna see those beta stages come into the game with a totally new name and totally new look. It has ideas that are not exactly present in the final product and the gimmicks were different. such as Walleye Warehouse It has moving obstacles and open terrain on the boxes.

If nintendo does release more maps, they'll all be a surprise, more or less. With that in mind, What stages new maps would you like to see in the coming updates?

I'd enjoy a map based on the single player levels, like the carnival, or (if octolings would come already), an octobot king techno club, with light show and fun stage elements. No matter what though, jellies have to be in each new stage. it's tradition, after all.

Maave

Inkling Commander
How about a subway-themed level? Since everybody loves ink rails, we could use them to go over the trains' actual rails.
Also, cool lights that could give a nice Splatfest feel.
This sounds like a nice level. I'd like some curved subway walls to swim on. Similar to the skatepark swoopiness but with less of the big blocking areas and more free-swim area. Grates and escalators would fit the map's theme too.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Offshore of a beach, a series of connected buoys. In the middle is a platform the size of the one to the left of the spawn point in ancho-v that also has a fan on it. Connected to a thin pole, the fan could be used to raise the platform to about the height of the central tower of blackbelly skatepark, making it fantastic for sniping or sloshing from above. However the person on this would also have to maintain the fan to not sink back to ground level.

Around this is an enormous relatively flat rectangle/circle with medium height cover structures to protect people using weapons with shorter ranges while the sniper isn't at full height. Should the person on the "tower" sink without proper cover from teammates, this area would be a shark pit of death.

To the outer edges of this large space there would be three fan propelled platforms. The middle one would be the biggest, having a few crates and cover walls facing toward the center. The two side platforms would be the same size as the center tower, with two inkable walls, one on the side facing forward and another to the side, left or right, facing toward the center platform of the three from spawn.

Last edited:

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
a stage based on a quarry. where the middle of the stage is at a lower elevation (kinda like moray towers) but is wider and less charger-friendly

stage based on an office, a pivot , hiagari xD lol
We got one

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
A map that favours short range and high fire rates , so the best chargers would be Splatterscopes and anything below that range
Not sure what it would be though

John W

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
NNID
RetruateStudios
If nintendo does release more maps, they'll all be a surprise, more or less. With that in mind, What stages new maps would you like to see in the coming updates?

I'd enjoy a map based on the single player levels, like the carnival, or (if octolings would come already), an octobot king techno club, with light show and fun stage elements. No matter what though, jellies have to be in each new stage. it's tradition, after all.
I want a gamepad stage like Nintendo DS from MKDS.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
A map that favours short range and high fire rates , so the best chargers would be Splatterscopes and anything below that range
Not sure what it would be though
We have like three of those kinds of maps: Kelp Dome, Ancho-V games, and Black Belly Skatepark. Trust me, we don't need any more of these cancerous maps.

Wobzter

Inkling
NNID
Wobzter
Personally I'd like to see maps with the following interesting set-up:

A map where the there is a middle high ground (Comparable to Flounder Heights) on top of which there's a large bucket (like large!). Players can fill the bucket by shooting in it (perhaps from an overhead location for melee weapons). Once the bucket is full it will tip over (the source) and spill its contents over the high ground and the two large ramps leading up to the high ground. The ink will flow down until it reaches a fenced wall where it goes away (the drain). This happens on both sides, making the main ramps sometimes inhospitable for both team (unless it's 100% one color) and leaving a rather random ink patter in its way. The ratio of ink in the bucket from both teams is reflected as it spills over. In order to avoid this being too much of a intersection, players can choose to take alternative routes, one of which is a tunnel under the main high ground where you'll be safe from the bucket but which is another tight intersection. The ramp towards the high ground curve a total of 180 degrees from north-south to south-north assuming players start east and west.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
A gigantic aquarium which is open as an attraction but also grows the inklings' food. There are different elevations and ramps for viewing the fish/hiding from inkzookas; sniping spots in the form of window-cleaning platforms on the sides of a huge tank in the middle; short tunnels going through the water, not visible from any good sniping locations, where you could go for a shortcut but risk running into a roller; long, tall, tarp-covered tanks on either side which are great for spreading ink below but there are only a few specific spots where you can refill, leaving you open to smart opponents; and a couple of routes to the top of the aforementioned huge tank, some covered from enemy fire and others much faster, where the Rainmaker/Splat Zone/Tower is located - bring your Beakons.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I just want a stage with those ink cannons
What about a gamemode with ink cannons? 2 cannons on a map, control more cannons than the opponents to count down the timer. If you have both cannons, the timer counts down twice as fast, but that leaves two of the winning team's players completely vulnerable and the main target for enemies if they want to carry on earning points. The game is about balancing the danger, power, lack of options and potential victory of the cannon with the safety, comparative weakness, freedom and risk of losing the game that comes with leaving it.

And maybe while in the cannon, you can stealth jump without the ability, to allow you to give up one cannon and protect the other.

John W

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
NNID
RetruateStudios
A gigantic aquarium.
That's a good idea but it couldn't be an "aquarium" because inklings explode when they get submerged in water.

i would like if they added that tutorial map as a stage
Agreed, except they wouls have to make it symmetrical which seems hard to do without drastically changing the stage design.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
That's a good idea but it couldn't be an "aquarium" because inklings explode when they get submerged in water.
Why not? They already have a port, canals in Bluefin etc. Most of the aquarium tanks would be closed-topped or unclimbable, and the ones that aren't would make nice hazards, so what's the problem?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
An aquarium map would have tanks of various species of fish inside of them, and most of the containers would probably be closed or have to be vaulted over to get to better positions.

Still, an underwater aquarium wouldn't make sense, because Splatoon is focused around sea creatures. So . . . you would probably call the aquarium an underwater zoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom