• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Just 8 minutes ago, a splatfest was announced! The theme is going to be pokémon red vs. pokémon blue!!! Which one are you going to choose? I'm very excited that a splatfest was finally announced after over a month of waiting!

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Most people will chose Charizard (I like Charizard better too), so if the less poplar team winning trend continues, Marie might break her loss streak of 6!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Most people will chose Charizard (I like Charizard better too), so if the less poplar team winning trend continues, Marie might break her loss streak of 6!
The Bulbasaur line is my favorite of the 1st gen starters. Ivysaur was my favorite character to use in Brawl. Since it is Green in Japan's version of the Splatfest I will pick Marie's side for that and think about fighting for Pokemon Green in spirit.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i agree that chiaizard is going to be more popular i wish they came up with something very even like i dunno something stupid even like the sun vs the moon? just saying something that people won't gravitate to one side, i use 2 characters so i take 1 of each anyway so i lose and win lol.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
w-what about us PAL guys?

We'll probably get Trubbish v Grimer instead ;^(
If you read the Splatoonus tumblr link it says this:

By the way, did you know that in Japan the first Pokémon game was released in a “Red Version” and a “Green Version,” but in North America and Europe, the two versions were “Red Version” and “Blue Version.” So for this Splatfest, in North America, it will be “Red vs Blue.”
So EU will most likely get the same as NA.

Also remember which side Lord Helix is supporting:

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I'm so excited!

The last time I was this excited for a Splatfest was Autobots vs Decepticons.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Just incase anyone was wondering and hasn't read the post on tumblr, every region is going to have this splatfest, except Japan will have red vs. green, since Japan had a different color for pokémon than blue. However, the splatfest will still only match you with players from your own region.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So, according to the official JP Twitter and NA Tumblr, the Splatfests are going to occur in those regions as follows:

2/20 6 AM JST, and
2/19 10 PM PT (or 2/20 1 AM ET)

I'm assuming that EU/OC's Splatfest is going to occur on 2/20 at 7 AM CET going by the supposition that they're going to have it simultaneously with NA's. I know that Inkipedia said it would occur at 9 PM UTC on the 19th for all regions, but that would be 4 PM EST the same day (contradicting NA Squid Reseach Lab's announcement).

Man, the timing on my Splatfest Scorecard is going to be messy...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
HOLY ****... they've aimed at my childhood, and they scored a bull's-eye on my heart. (Good Lord, did I really just say that?)

Now I'll admit I had Red Version as a kid, but I actually feel compelled to side with Team Blue for this. Not because of the pattern, either; I actually kinda prefer Blastoise over Charizard, and seeing as how this is more than likely going to become the "Charizard vs. All 721 Other Pokés," I have to go with my preferences.

Watch the winning team get a code for a free copy of Pokémon Red or Blue on 3DS when it comes out later this month.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Oh god those are gunna be so great we should keep a collage of the best ones that people find somewhere
The quote "Don't Forget: You're Here Forever." is accompanied by a drawing of the team being spawncamped.

Last edited:

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I feel like this is a somewhat pointless Splatfest team considering how similar the games are, but I'm going with Pokemon Blue. I feel like Red will be more popular considering Charizard is the fire type, and he's wayyyy more popular than Blastoise, and less popular team always seems to win now.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I will admit that I seriously freaked out when I saw this come up. I wasn't expecting any Splatfest announcements and I definitely wasn't expecting a Pokemon one! :) I'm really excited for the Splatfest as a very big Pokemon lover. I'm still an active Pokemon player and still involved with the competitive scene. It definitely hit me with a wave of nostalgia to see these two games come up as a Splatfest decision.

I love Charizard and he was my first started but... Pokemon Blue was my first game. I have to stay true to the journey that I started so many years ago. Pokemon Blue has a special place. I'll be choosing Pokemon Blue for this Splatfest~ ^.^

Dark G

Inkling
NNID
Neil94
First game I've ever owned. Ain't even a debate. #TeamBlue

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Quite exciting! This will be my first slobberknocker since I started playing. I guess this means a few of us will have the chance of randomly meeting and fighting each other in our respective regions.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So is this going to be the first true red-colored ink we'll be seeing?

Pretty cool splatfest- sad that i'll be joining the upcoming EU one, whatever that one may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom