New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I might do a coin flip. Or maybe decide by ink color. I don't know. I'm not that big of a fan of Pokémon. =/

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
The Red that everyone outside of Japan knows and loves was just a copy of Blue, so Blue wins there. Take that, unoriginal copycats.
Blue also has a turtle with giant cannons on its back, so it is infinitely more awesome. Also, most speedrunners/solo Poke runs use Squirtle because it's versatile and powerful enough to get through the game largely on its own (just need an HM slave)
Misty makes anything water related automatically superior.

With all that said, Red will probably win.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Another taunt or salt post depending on what side you are during Splatfest is if a team is overwhelmingly doing poorly a Miiverse post can say "Is Twitch Playing Team [insert team here]?"

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Blue also has a turtle with giant cannons on its back, so it is infinitely more awesome.
LOL!

The Red that everyone outside of Japan knows and loves was just a copy of Blue, so Blue wins there. Take that, unoriginal copycats.
Blue also has a turtle with giant cannons on its back, so it is infinitely more awesome. Also, most speedrunners/solo Poke runs use Squirtle because it's versatile and powerful enough to get through the game largely on its own (just need an HM slave)
Misty makes anything water related automatically superior.

With all that said, Red will probably win.
You're deviating from "most popular team loses" this time, huh? I can't imagine Red not getting more votes, but I'm not sure kids will have any specific choice so they'll be split as evenly as Red & Blue playground battles once were.

Award

Studies have shown that Red usually wins over Blue when it comes to colors alone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18537513

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2015/02/red-vs-blue-which-should-you-choose/

I'll still choose Pokemon Blue though but these articles do bring up a valid point.
On the other hand, if other regions get the same ink colors as Japan, based on those shirts, it looks like Red gets red shirts, BUT green ink, while Blue gets green (blue in NA/EU?) but PINK ink.

That study doesn't cover the aggression of those wearing pink. :D

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
On the other hand, if other regions get the same ink colors as Japan, based on those shirts, it looks like Red gets red shirts, BUT green ink, while Blue gets green (blue in NA/EU?) but PINK ink.

That study doesn't cover the aggression of those wearing pink. :D
You misunderstand the shirts. The ink splatters are from the opposing teams. Such as Red Team just faced off a Green team member and got some ink splatters from the Green team during the face off.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I actually do have a problem choosing a side. Red was my first pokemon game. When I have to choose today I'd take Blue because it has Meowth and Vulpix. I'm so divided between childhood and now :(

So is this going to be the first true red-colored ink we'll be seeing?
Looking at the colour sheme on
http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest
I assume the ink colours will be the same as Barbarian vs Ninja:

Pretty cool splatfest- sad that i'll be joining the upcoming EU one, whatever that one may be.

It will also be Pokemon Red vs Pokemon Blu ;)

Award

You misunderstand the shirts. The ink splatters are from the opposing teams. Such as Red Team just faced off a Green team member and got some ink splatters from the Green team during the face off.
Ahh, that makes sense, I was just confusing it with the sign headers on the splatfest board.

So red team wears red shirts gets pink ink. Blue team gets blue shirts and is surrounded in blue ink. It still applies: The study doesn't show the psychological effect of being surrounded by a sea of pink as you fight. ;) Too many splatfests have you shooting Pepto Bismol. Just recently, Past and Naughty both did.

So how about this logic. Pokemon Red & Charizard signify fire type Pokemon. Blue and Blastoise signify water type pokemon. Now inklings come from water, but seem to be unable to swim, and vaporise in contact with water. But fire is how you grill an inkling. Both teams represent ways to kill inklings.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Have yet to play any Pokémon game (no clue where to start) so I've no seahorse in this fight. Yet I'd enjoy a Splatoon version of Red vs Blue for the laughs. Maybe I'll change my name to Sarge for splatfest, but what weapon equates to a shotgun?

So how about this logic. Pokemon Red & Charizard signify fire type Pokemon. Blue and Blastoise signify water type pokemon. Now inklings come from water, but seem to be unable to swim, and vaporise in contact with water. But fire is how you grill an inkling. Both teams represent ways to kill inklings.
I think the ol' captain made a remark in the single player along the lines of "don't you know that sea creatures/squids can't swim."

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I justified my choice for Team Blue as being able to dissolve the other team with a Blastoise. What else would I do with a water Pokemon?

Have yet to play any Pokémon game (no clue where to start) so I've no seahorse in this fight. Yet I'd enjoy a Splatoon version of Red vs Blue for the laughs. Maybe I'll change my name to Sarge for splatfest, but what weapon equates to a shotgun?
The closest one I can think of is the Sloshing Machine. It carries a big payload with each slosh, kind of like a shotgun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Award

The closest one I can think of is the Sloshing Machine. It carries a big payload with each slosh, kind of like a shotgun.
It requires a 2-shot, but personally I use the vanilla splat charger like a shotgun.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I've finally decided a team. Even though I said that I will side with Red no matter what, I picked blue in memory of a friend I had named Brian. He liked pokemon blue and I liked red. He even made a playthrough of it on Youtube under the channel bpblu. On Aug 11, 2009 he committed suicide. He was 21 years old. It was one of the worst days of my life. I chose blue not because I want to support my favorite game but his instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom