• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
For some reason, my Miiverse post of Inkay got 108 Yeahs. That's the highest I have ever seen forany of my Miiverse posts, by far. I'm guessing t's because it's team-neutral.

Ditto! Or at least, that was my original plan, then I decided that winning was a higher priority and usd that i'd be better off just using the Dual Squelcher and Splatterscope. Or at least, that's was going to do, until my internet decided that right when Splatfest started was a good time to start derping out.

*sigh* I got disconnected from the first two lobbies I tried to join, and when I actually got IN a match, it was unbelievably laggy, not to mention that I got disconnected on the results screen. How unfortunate.
When you get that far, you'll be credited with the match. The exact point seems to be when the game fades out after time runs out and the caution tape comes over the screen. Of course, you'll have to find new teammates, which can be a real bummer if you've found a good set.

I gotta say this though: It's WAY more satisfying to beat Blastoise with a Charizard. Seeing as Blastoise now gets Hydro Cannon, which, in my experience, is pretty much a Water based Hyper Beam.

Also, do you guys know what the sales numbers for these titles are? And... could that possible effect the outcome?
On the other hand, both of Charizard's Mega Evolutions have means to deal with Water-types. Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, so both Water and Ice attacks do regular damage, whileMega Charizard Y gets Drought, Solarbeam, and a massive Special Attack stat.

As for the Generation I Pokémon games, Red definitely sold better because Blue was originally Green in Japan and had Venusaur on the box. In North America, I'm not sure. Sales numbers I find count them both as the same game.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
On the other hand, both of Charizard's Mega Evolutions have means to deal with Water-types. Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, so both Water and Ice attacks do regular damage, whileMega Charizard Y gets Drought, Solarbeam, and a massive Special Attack stat.
Most of the pokemon these days got buffed from back in the day it seems.

As for the Generation I Pokémon games, Red definitely sold better because Blue was originally Green in Japan and had Venusaur on the box. In North America, I'm not sure. Sales numbers I find count them both as the same game.
I'm kind of curious to why Nintendo didn't count them as separate titles... Or why North America didn't get Green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom