• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New trailer showcasing a bucket weapon and gataling gun!

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Since two new maps have been shown off, this means that the other two are yet to be revealed.

In the image there's Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Camp Triggerfish, plus room for Port Mackerel and Morray Towers (orange and blue). The yellow and purple are the two new unknown stages revealed in the trailer, which take place in...

An urban area:

and on a bridge area (that's currently being constructed in the background):

So now there's two unknown stages left based on the first image, which are cyan and pink respectively.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
Sooo hyped. I really want to wreck some scrubs with that machine gun.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Okay, so the second stage is definitely on a bridge. Just edited my previous post to reflect that.

Also, I'm still wondering if the other two unknown stages are currently being worked on since there were 10 on the disc only. I can only assume that they are since the urban stage and bridge stage aren't on the disc either.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I'm gonna go ahead and say that all of the reviewers claiming this game doesn't have enough content should re-review this game again.

First off: That bucket weapon looks inkmazing!!!

Second: That Gatling Gun looks like DJ Octavio, and Super Weapons had a baby and named it the Heavy from team fortress 2

Third: That bridge map and Schoolhouse map looks unbelievable!!!!

THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR LISTENING!!!!

Jrdellx

Full Squid
I love the twist on the bucket weapon. Kinda sad I didn't seen any new sub weapons. Happy to see the urban area map and how it looks like you can paint ever part of the walls n slide up them.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
So it looks like the gattling gun is the child of a shooter and a charger, you have to get the thing whirring, and then it shoots a bunch of ink all over the place.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Is no one else going to mention the music?

I like it. It's weird. Thing is, it doesn't seem to fit either the Squid Sisters or the band whose name I forget. It actually sounds most like something from the single player to me...Octarian band?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
As a TF2 Heavy main, y'all have no idea just how excited I am for this. Hell yes. Hell ****ing yes.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
good **** go౦ԁ **** thats ✔ some goodshit rightth ere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good ****

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
The damage output on that gatling gun better be worth the windup time.

Also, I guess those buckets are going to be the Nozzlenose of the Blaster weapon class. You have to mash ZR to rapid-fire, but each shot packs quite a wallop. Now I'm wondering what the subs and specials of each weapon are going to be.

As for the stages, I honestly thought the bridge was some sort of cruise ship at first until I looked more closely. Also, there's that black rounded-square logo on the walls of the apartment complex. It looks kind of like an Inkling boy in profile. New weapons manufacturer? That'd be neat.

Demosthenes

Inkling
NNID
OrigamiMan
It looks like the Paint Bucket has Burst Bombs judging from the Inkling's ink tank. idk bout the Gatling Gun though.

Also, that bridge map is gonna be so good (coming from an E Liter 3k Scope player). Is all this for the August Update?

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
Ink bucket.... yes. absolutely. i love weapons that aren't usually weapons.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Since two new maps have been shown off, this means that the other two are yet to be revealed.
In the image there's Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Camp Triggerfish, plus room for Port Mackerel and Morray Towers (orange and blue). The yellow and purple are the two new unknown stages revealed in the trailer, which take place in...

An urban area

and on a bridge area (that's currently being constructed in the background

So now there's two unknown stages left based on the first image, which are cyan and pink respectively.
The single player campaign and the multiplayer maps seem to understandably share some assets which makes me really, really, really hopeful we will get a carnival/theme park themed map. Any other environment type that appeared in single player that we haven't seen bits and pieces used in the multiplayer maps? The bridge looks to use a lot of new assets.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH

People have been saying the minigun could be a special weapon, I hope not, but it's pretty obvious it isn't, first of all your'e surrounded by particle effects while using special weapons, second of all, it would be the worst special in the game, needless to say I am hype for the thing. PLEASE don't let let it run out of ink very easily. That barber shop qaurtet hat and Hawaiian shirt is also really cool. We'll officially have 14 maps in the game soon, but they still won't add to the rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom