• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm calling it- Ketchup is going to win the popularity vote. All these mirror matches make it seem so.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not sure what's up. Maybe I had enough time to properly desalinize. Maybe more players are awake or available. Maybe I gave up playing support entirely and settled for being the competent hunter-slayer of the group. Maybe I had teammates that understood teamwork .But this session actually went well. Maybe I stopped regularly getting sub-level 10 teammates who played like sub-level teammates that were actually new to the game and facing off against level 15~25 level players. Idon'tknow. I started to enough myself again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I had some decent win streaks going. Loses weren't complete shutdowns. I was being matched up against Team Mayo slightly more often. Matches weren't as laggy—especially on Shifty Station (but make piece with your pop idol goddess if there's a laggy enemy blaster on the field!!) I even had teammates fighting like a team: not immediately rushing to center, using "Ouch" to point out someone, teaming up in pairs, covering safe super jumpers, covering whoever is using a special, pulling 2v1s and 3v1s from different angles, immediately moving out of the way if you were blocking someone's shot, pushing together in groups, giving "Booyah!" for a good plays or when wrapping up a match—really, where the hell were you lot earlier?! Sleeping?!?!

Hopefully it's not just me, but am I the only one who keeps getting connection errors, after the results? Never disconnected during matches, just after them.
Repeatedly!

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Why is your Team Power the same as your Solo Power (from what I've heard)? That's lame since they're doing a top 100.

It gets so hard to carry in the 2300s. I go like 15-1 and my team goes like 1-15.

From a non-competitive standpoint the new map is fun :) Also gotta love the return of the splatfest music (seems like there's new song/s too!)

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
I face many mirror matches with team Ketchup. It seems that team Ketchup is more popular than team Mayonnaise.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
Hopefully it's not just me, but am I the only one who keeps getting connection errors, after the results? Never disconnected during matches, just after them.
It's weird, I'm getting many connection errors after the matches end too.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I played solo yesterday and (mainly) teams today. Solo was a bit of an adventure. My results were pretty mixed and many matches came down to the last minute or 30 seconds. Teams was pretty good. Shoutout to @Dessgeega and @SyMag for the great matches. All in all, I only went up against Team Mayo a handful of times (a little more often than Team Cake though). I won one more game than I lost. Not a great result, but at least I contributed, I guess.

Having multiple splatfest songs is a welcome addition. The new stage is just plain weird. It feels like something from single player. It really seemed to encourage super jumping to teammates.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

Well, that was fun. Had to juggle a local Switch meetup with playing Splatfest but I still became King just before 9.

Interestingly, when I started at midnight like usual I was dominating the scene with an N-Zap '85. It wasn't until later in the day that Ketchup put up a fight, but I still made it out with plenty of wins. Oh, and I made it to Level 15 so I celebrated by buying some extra stuff for tomorrow.

Otherwise, we'll miss you Mayo Ink.

(And before I forget, from now on I'm uploading all screencaps of my Splatfest Kingship to Imgur--Squidboards doesn't like images straight from my SD for some reason.)

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Why scrub the shirt?
Splatfest shirts can be scrubbed for 2000 gold compared to the standard 20,000 gold. So it makes it really worth it to scrub the Splatfest shirt for ability chunks.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
>Match is over
>cash earned, EXP added to gear, splatfest title bar updated
>..............
>.....................
>..................
>.............
>*cricket noises*
>"uh......"
>"continue battling?"

did that happen to anybody else? it would take forever to ask if i wanted to keep battling to exit to the lobby, it's very strange. That's never happened to me before.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I had a couple battles where it took a while for the continue screen to show up. Definitely strange, but I guess it could be PvP issues.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I had a couple battles where it took a while for the continue screen to show up. Definitely strange, but I guess it could be PvP issues.
Okay, i was wondering if it was on my end. Im sure it wasnt and it was just a splatfest thing, but who knows.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Im totally not annoyed that team Mayo won even though there was literally nothing I couldve done about it because all of my matches were dittos, definitely not.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
RESULTS
POPULARITY:
Mayo: 27%
Ketchup: 73%

SOLO WINS:
Mayo: 52%
Ketchup: 48%

TEAM WINS:
Mayo: 51%
Ketchup: 49%

CONGRATS TEAM MAYO!!!!
And only by by a 2-3% difference, that's insane on how close it was!

Welp, kind of stinks that team Ketchup lost but at least I still get 21 Sea Snails for hitting King status so it still works out well in the end for me and anyone else who hit King/Queen status.

Good game Team Mayo! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom