• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
Honestly I like both( as long as it isnt drowned in them) I'll probably go for what most of my friends are picking so I can play with them xP

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
For these sort of voting events, I usually got with the votes that is most likely to win; for the rewards of course.
But I'd choose ketchup I suppose, since I have it with a lot of stuff.--more than Mayo at least. ♪

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Took me awhile but I had to come up with a list foods that I enjoyed with these condiments. :V Gotta go with Team Mayo for this splatfest.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Team nothing. I find that both of them just drown the flavour of the food. I want to taste what I'm eating, not taste only the sauce. You know.... except for pasta. Pasta without sauce is usually a huge sin.
Condiments/sauces drown out the flavor because the average person uses WAAAY TO MUCH. I personally prefer about 1/5th of the typical amount of sauce other people use. Enough to get the flavor of the sauce without tasting nothing but that...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Condiments/sauces drown out the flavor because the average person uses WAAAY TO MUCH. I personally prefer about 1/5th of the typical amount of sauce other people use. Enough to get the flavor of the sauce without tasting nothing but that...
Pretty much this. I always treat my sauces like a spice. Add just he right amount, and your good.

It's like seeing someone drown their salad in salad dressing....all your doing is making a literal soup of dressing to eat at. Why do it? Same applies to Mayo or Ketchup on items such as sandwiches or hotdogs. A little goes a long way.

ArrrCee

Inkling
Pretty much this. I always treat my sauces like a spice. Add just he right amount, and your good.

It's like seeing someone drown their salad in salad dressing....all your doing is making a literal soup of dressing to eat at. Why do it? Same applies to Mayo or Ketchup on items such as sandwiches or hotdogs. A little goes a long way.
Likewise! Whenever we go to a subshop, we always ask for a fraction of the mayo they normally spray on there. It's not good when all you taste is mayo... :scared:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Sadly, no bbq sauce. That stuff's the best.

Gonna go with mayo with this one. It's a very versatile condiment.
will mayo have cream ink?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Sadly, no bbq sauce. That stuff's the best.

Gonna go with mayo with this one. It's a very versatile condiment.
will mayo have cream ink?
If they do it like that one team milk tea splatfest japan had, then I would think so.

But that red, though....

Happ

Inkling
NNID
HappHazardous
i dont really like either of them, but i'm going mayo because i'd like to actually play the other side this time. Even if it means going against marina.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Both are **** on their own, but at least mayonnaise goes well in tuna sandwiches and ketchup with meatloaf. Of the two I like tuna better, so I guess I'll have to go with that.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I like ketchup on fries. On most other stuff I'd probably prefer bbq sauce. I think mayo has its place, but I generally find it kind of gross (no offense), especially when sandwiches are drenched with the stuff.

Here's hoping that we get a lot of competitive matches this time.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Pearl, we think alike do we? Yes, living in the south, mayo is quite the popularity here. I preferably love the Japanese version a whole lot more since it is very bitter, and used on sushi. You also can't forget to use it on Korean pancakes, it's extra delirious.

I also love using it when I make egg salads, and adding lime to it for an extra zest. But then again, I can make it fresh due to owning my chickens which are spoiled out of this world.

Also hate ketchup due to how it taste. Down here, we usually use it combined with mayo to make our Florida crawfish sauce.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Voting is live ingame.
A screenshot from the App:

Oh, I want the ink colour of Pearls icon :D

A small fanart I did yesterday.

Funfact:
If you prefer mustard you could join Mayo. There are recipes for mayo made with mustard.

Inkimobator

Inkling
I've actually never tasted Mayo... Lol. But I feel like I probably wouldn't like it anyways. Team Ketchup it is!

SlyBlue

Inkling
I'm going to pick the one with the ink color I like most when the time comes. I'm surprised actually that no one is talking about these options in terms of colors... I mean it's white vs red realistically. That's 2/3 taboo colors as the choice for the first splatfest. I mean obviously it's going to end up being yellow mayo vs pink ketchup because it's splatoon but still. (I know it won't happen but my fingers are still seriously crossed for beige colored mayo ink tho! I was super bitter NA didn't get that beautiful milk tea color last game!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom