• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
But I don't like mayo~~~~~!
And now it's official~!
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

But there wasn't anything mentioned like Ice Cream vs. Cake where, "Ice cream is officially better than cake." and, "Ice cream is now legally better than cake. It's the law," right?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
(╭ರ_╭ರ)
"Well, actually," sometimes the favoured choice and your favourite idol are aligned because splatfest has always been a popularity contest.

But there wasn't anything mentioned like Ice Cream vs. Cake where, "Ice cream is officially better than cake." and, "Ice cream is now legally better than cake. It's the law," right?
May not have been mentioned but the rules are canon.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Results of EU splatfest are finally out:
Results of the EUs Splatfest:
VOTES: Mayo: 34% - 66% Ketchup
WINS (SOLO) Mayo: 51% - 49% Ketchup
WINS (TEAM) Mayo: 51% - 49% Ketchup

Congratulations to team Mayo in all tree regions for knocking out Ketchup (By close).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Results of EU splatfest are finally out:
Results of the EUs Splatfest:
VOTES: Mayo: 34% - 66% Ketchup
WINS (SOLO) Mayo: 51% - 49% Ketchup
WINS (TEAM) Mayo: 51% - 49% Ketchup

Congratulations to team Mayo in all tree regions for knocking out Ketchup (By close).
Hmm... I need a gif of an inkling crying after a defeat.
Gotta admit, many of the comments in that article are rather unintentional amusing to me. Gotta love that morning whine. But I'm out of cheese...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
*sigh* I remember the days when we spent our post-Splatfest time bitching about the multiplier. At least that was a more reasonable discussion.

Let's be real here, if they factored same-team battles into their decision Team Ketchup would probably win this one and every other Splatfest from then on. At that point, what would even be the point of hosting a competition? Considering that the sheer amount of support for Marina leads to loads of Marina vs. Marina dittos... I mean, unless they did something to neutralize the effects of it, like make the wins count for only half or double the weight of a loss... even then, in this case I still think Team Ketchup would've edged out the victor.

Also, and this is only slightly related to the topic at hand, but did anyone really think the Waifu Wars were finished for good? Marina or not, they were going to flare up again from the moment we knew Splat 2 was coming. (Hell, they'd probably crop up again even if they made the announcers guys this time around.)

Finally, as a little extra, I figured I'd check to see what the results would've been had this been under the old Splatfest system:
  • Team Ketchup: 73% popularity + (48% wins x 6) = 331
  • Team Mayo: 27% popularity + (52% wins x 6) = 339
So Team Ketchup was boned either way.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Seriously, you peeps care way too much about winning in Splatfest. Just have fun and collect your snails, now the only difference being on the losing team is like 3 snails when you reach royalty.
For me, it's a chance to (hopefully) improve my skill, get a bunch of sea snails, and maybe some bragging rights when it's all over.

After all, isn't splatfest suppose to be like a sporting event (with more rivalry for fun and less rioting in the streets)?

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Seriously, you peeps care way too much about winning in Splatfest. Just have fun and collect your snails, now the only difference being on the losing team is like 3 snails when you reach royalty.
21 Sea Snails when hiting King/Queen status on the losing team man... there's NO WAY I can complain about that.

I'm surprised there's such an uproar about this, especially due to how close it was compared to Splatoon 1 where some splatfest results were VERY lopsided when it came to popularity/winrate.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think a lot of the complainers are new. All of this is nothing veterans haven't witnessed time and time again. Mechanics and characters may change but splatfest salt is always the same :P

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I think a lot of the complainers are new. All of this is nothing veterans haven't witnessed time and time again. Mechanics and characters may change but splatfest salt is always the same :p
Can't deny that! :D

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Do people...

really vote...

based on which squid loli is team captain...

????????????
I do the same thing I did in Splatoon 1, picking whatever side I want based on WHAT that side is. I could care less if it were Callie, Marie, Marina, or Pearl who was for that team. I only picked ketchup because I personally like ketchup and not mayo.

And then if the final Splatfest for Splatoon 2 comes down to Marina vs. Pearl like Callie vs. Marie in Splatoon 1, then I go back in Splatfest history and see whose side I was on more often. So since I was on Team Ice Cream and Team Ketchup for the past two Splatfests, right now I would be on Team Marina for the final Splatfest. Just how I do it though :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Do people...

really vote...

based on which squid loli is team captain...

????????????
Yeah!!!!!!!!! How dare people vote on something they like, or *gasp* something they like is attached to something else. It's so~ plebeian! We should assign people to vote for us and we in turn can vote for them. That'd surely settle any future splatfest matters! /s =p

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm not even mad at the results. Really. The wins were 2-3% from each other plus 21 snails at max rank? Shoot, that's better than Splatoon 1. Though I wonder how many do you get when your team wins and you're at max rank?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Don't ask me why but the tripple lose of Ketchup somehow brothers me (Maybe because Ketchup lost in all 3 region and very close). It really looks like it came down to a few battles.

When it really turns out that some people are just voting for Marinas thing because of Marina then I might start disliking such people. I'm OK with people to go with their waifu when they can't decide what thing is better (Most likely because I am planning to do it myself. Im always going with Pearl then). But people who think Mayo is better and chose Ketchup because of Marina... Well that would be bad... However 21 sea snailes aren't bad at all and it makes losing much more acceptable.

I'm not even mad at the results. Really. The wins were 2-3% from each other plus 21 snails at max rank? Shoot, that's better than Splatoon 1. Though I wonder how many do you get when your team wins and you're at max rank?
As I read, if you are Queen/King and your team wins you get 24 sea snails. Which doesn't put them in a big advantage.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Splatoon 1:
Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 5.28.25 PM.png

Splatoon 2:
Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 5.28.31 PM.png

So yes, if you are on the losing team but highest rank (King/Queen), you will get more than what you could've gotten on the losing team + max rank in Splatoon 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom