• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Even if it was a small disparity, I'm surprised invisibility was more popular than flight. I figured flight had more immediate appeal as a super power. Glad I got to win a real Splatfest (I don't count the Test Fire personally) in this game now. I lost the first 6 in Splatoon 1.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Wow, a couple of surprises here. First, I definitely thought that invisibility would be less popular. Lets face it: being able to fly is significantly cooler (and more fun!) than being able to turn invisible (which is just creepy). Second, the win totals kinda indicate a beatdown.... I didn't expect this because I won most of my games and I'm not able to carry my teams in high level (S+ caliber) play. Well, I'm 0-2 in Splatfests so far and officially bummed about it, ha ha. However I'm not quite as bummed after learning that @Lonely_Dolphin started 0-7 in the first Splatoon. That's beyond brutal...

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Top 100 is in the SplatNet 2 App, it shows it on the results page of which team won and (at least with Mayo vs Ketchup) you can see all regions Top 100 and compare them between Japan, Europe and North America + Oceania.
Odd. I can't find it in the app.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
damnit there goes Europe ****ing everything up again

Well played, Team Flight. Y'all put up a good fight; I hope the same can be said of us.

There is a lot of Salt on Twitter, from Invisibility players.
Let me guess, it's another round of "but muh dittos"? Or else complaining about all the good players siding with Flight?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
BRB! Gonna lurk twitter and elsewhere for some salty entertainment. >=)

(Did the same last post-splatfest even though I was also Team Ketchup. :p)
Kindly send me any particularly delicious tweets you find over on Discord, please ;)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Judging by how poorly the matches I played went (I won only slightly more than I lost), I'm not surprised we lost this. Ah well, 21 Snails is still a lot.
Shifty Station doesn't actually exist. With the Switch exploits and kernel the dataminers of the game revealed that there's just a bunch of test and debug files for Shifty Station and the stage layout is downloaded when the Splatfest is announced (alongside the ink colours, team artwork and text for both teams if they win). As such, when a Splatfest ends and the winning team is declared, these files are removed and are rendered inaccessible forever (hence why Splatfest shirts then return to their default grey colour with the default logo).
Yes, I know, but that doesn't mean anything, though. They can put them back in the game at any time again.

And the reason the Splatfest tee is grey is because it's just a generic icon. It doesn't 'turn' grey and there's not even a model in the game for the grey default one I believe. The icon is always gray, and the shirt is always colored.

Jon914

Pro Squid
It doesn't 'turn' grey and there's not even a model in the game for the grey default one I believe. The icon is always gray, and the shirt is always colored.
If you don't play any matches after the Splatfest is over and check the area in front of the Lobby, all the Inklings will be wearing gray shirts.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Huh. Didn't expect them to actually go through that trouble.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I'm surprised there is so much saltiness. Sure, the most popular lost again, but everyone I spoke to on either side said the vast majority of their matches were not mirrors. Whereas when I was team Ketchup I doubt there was 15 matches in 100 where I saw Mayo. There was only a slight majority this time around.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm surprised there is so much saltiness. Sure, the most popular lost again, but everyone I spoke to on either side said the vast majority of their matches were not mirrors. Whereas when I was team Ketchup I doubt there was 15 matches in 100 where I saw Mayo. There was only a slight majority this time around.
Welcome to every splatfest ever. It's always like this before, during, and after :P By splatfest 5 it'll feel like routine for you.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Welcome to every splatfest ever. It's always like this before, during, and after :p By splatfest 5 it'll feel like routine for you.
Yeah. I never participated in Splatfests in the WiiU era, as it was my son's console. I did play the game a lot more than either of my kids though. Now we both have a Switch, so I can participate in them.

The really funny thing to me is this: If you earned the same rank as I did but lost, you only receive 3 fewer snails. Why be salty over three snails? Once I found that out after Ketchup/Mayo I didn't care what the overall results were in this Splatfest, I just had personal goals. This is not to say I don't think Nintendo has room for improvements. Matchmaking needs to be ironed out for Splatfests as a for instance.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah. I never participated in Splatfests in the WiiU era, as it was my son's console. I did play the game a lot more than either of my kids though. Now we both have a Switch, so I can participate in them.

The really funny thing to me is this: If you earned the same rank as I did but lost, you only receive 3 fewer snails. Why be salty over three snails? Once I found that out after Ketchup/Mayo I didn't care what the overall results were in this Splatfest, I just had personal goals. This is not to say I don't think Nintendo has room for improvements. Matchmaking needs to be ironed out for Splatfests as a for instance.
Well salt aside, and everyone gets that, you've certainly got a better attitude than most :P

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Honestly, on my side of things, it's less about salt and it more just feels like a bummer. My day wasn't going the absolute best to begin with, and it would've been nice to at least have this. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, though.

On the other hand, I have a strong feeling that if this pattern keeps up, Pearl's just gonna show a bigger and bigger ego in her victory speeches. I dunno what it is, but this message seems nastier than usual.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Pride and bragging rights are on the line! Pride defeated and bragging rights lost, all you got left is salt. Or something like that.

Maybe a bit of blame to toss around if you're really salty.

But, hey, at least our choices weren't WacDonald's chicken nuggets or fries! (I'll be on Team Real Food thankyouverymuch!)

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Was meant to post this image with my giant post but I forgot so I'll just link the Twitter post as I can't copy/paste images on mobile. This is my highest Flight Power for the Splatfest:

2352.9, I got placed at 2200.0 after placement matches and managed to grind to here, where I then had a slew of bad matches (as highlighted in my last post :P) and as such my Power level nosedived in the space of 15-20mins, where I gave up as it takes too long to grind back as you mainly get matches where your power is greater than the enemy team, giving you about 5 points for a win. You are so reliant on matches where the enemy team power is far higher than your's to boost it (in those instances it leapt up about 30-50, which mostly countered the drop in Power I had on my way to Flight King). This placed me 69th on Team Flight's Top 100, so I definitely say you need 2320+ Power to secure spots on the top 100. Just putting this out there for those who aim for Top 100 as you can only see Top 5's Power levels and weapons used. Also an amusing fact is in both Mayo vs Ketchup and Flight vs Invisibility the losing team's Top 5 have higher power levels than the winning team. No wonder you get so much salt on the losing side :P

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I know I'm super late to this, but I chose invisibility because sometimes I just want to disappear, haha.

The splatfest went fine for me. I played pretty much only solo and had a winning record (albeit not by that much), so I consider it a success. I also got some good sloshing machine practice in.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that there wasn't that much of a popularity difference. All of my matches were against Team Flight and I heard from some Team Flight people that I know that they went up against their own team a couple times. I guess it just goes to show that your personal experience isn't necessarily representative of how the splatfest is going for everybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom