• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
20-14 over here on team Flight, decent enough. Felt like i could've won a lot more games if i didn't threw by dying in the last 30 seconds, but sometimes it gets hard when you're the (second to) last squid standing and 2-3 peeps start gunning for you.

And i swear i've seen more than a fair share of invisibles using Inkjet, buncha traitors! That's our special!
I feel ya on dying in the last 30 seconds of the match, it often lead to most of my losses during this Spatfest (and many Turf Wars in general) like this one:

The enemy team was pretty easy to take down, and we had control for most of the match until I got splatted in the last 35 seconds of the game and we quickly lost map control since they had three Areosprays. A pretty unfortunate loss.

Overall, my Splatfest experience was pretty decent for the most part. I ended with 20 wins and 15 losses on my climb to King status, with only a few mirror matches during the climb so I feel like this Splatfest is going to be a close one when it comes down to the end results.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Went 21-8 this Saltfest. 23-8 but im subtracting the dittos. It went very well, I think I did Team Flight proud. I wish the negative experiences weren't just so soul crushingly bad, because it seriously feels like I went 13-16 or something. Eh! The negatives stick in your mind more than the positive ones as badly as that is. If Pearlie wins this I'm worried we're gonna just be going through a redux of the Marie Effect from the first game. in which whatever team Marie or in this case Marina gets, is sentenced to lose the splatfest from the very beginning. Let's hope that ain't the case tho, lol.

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
There's something to be said I think about the change in lighting from the regular maps and Splatfest maps...even though they're the same maps. I don't know why, but it felt like playing a slightly different game, enough that it made things seem a bit sluggish! Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my gameplay compared to the last DisconnectFest, lol. 22 wins, 11 losses, team Flight!

I think it's also interesting that lots of players here on both sides feel a good vibe about their own Team's performance - perhaps that just speaks more to the quality level of play of Squidboards members than the general average? Not to tout any skill differences of course, just, maybe being "in the know" thanks to great forums like these really does help with personal performance! And for that, thank you all for contributing to Squidboards! ^_^

Last edited:

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Matchmaking was horrible. My son, (lower level, lower skill) could be in a match ON a team rated at 2000 and next match on a team rated 1600s. That's a serious disparity and put him and his team at a significant disadvantage. He was rated at 1734. He had no business playing against or with 2000 rated teams.

I didn't see as much disparity on my own, though there were games where there was a 180 point difference between power ratings in many matches I played.

That and the increased disconnects really put a damper on what could be a lot more fun. Between this, and Nintendo expecting us to pay for P2P "internet" service at a 16Hz tickrate I have a feeling once I hit level 50 I'll be done with Splatoon 2. That's really sad.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Gonna finish today at 2251...I'm so depressed, I wanted to make top 100 so bad :( I'm assuming 2300+ will make it. I trained so hard and tried so hard this time around.

I just couldn't do it anymore once things like going 14-0 and still losing happened. One time my entire team had 0 kills, and they didn't even D/C.

Hope I helped, Team Invisibility :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ya know, even though I'm okay with the new, upgraded testing ground in Sheldon's new shop, I miss the behind-the-shops, backalley testing ground in Splatoon 1 during Splatfest. Could hear snatches of the concert from other side of the building and the targeting dummies pulsed to the beat of the music.

The most I get here is a "Hey, it's dark outside, let me turn on the lights for you." Which I guess is rather nice of him.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
My son's rank was 1859, has dropped to 1712, and he just finished a match where his team was rated 1680 and the other was 1870. Dunno what Nintendo is thinking.

Personally, I went out on top, Current 1978.9 and High 1978.9 with a 33-17 record for 50 matches.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Gonna finish today at 2251...I'm so depressed, I wanted to make top 100 so bad :( I'm assuming 2300+ will make it. I trained so hard and tried so hard this time around.

I just couldn't do it anymore once things like going 14-0 and still losing happened. One time my entire team had 0 kills, and they didn't even D/C.

Classy name. What a shame that you couldn't get your bragging rights. Going in and setting a precedent like that, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of your allies threw the match to spite you.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Got on this morning for the last two hours and played about 20 more matches. It was a fair bit tougher than yesterday; I only managed to win 8 of my 13 matches against Flight teams, and lost 4 of my 7 mirror matches.

It's kind of hard to tell how many mirror matches I played overall, since I didn't keep track yesterday and Splatnet doesn't keep track for you, but all up I'd estimate my win ratio in matches against Flight teams to be somewhere in the realm of 75%.

Unfortunately this isn't the latest shot of my Splatfest Power, as you can probably tell by the available stages. I meant to take one towards the end but I was getting pretty salty over the ridiculous matchmaking times (we're talking over three minutes at absolute fastest, more often around five minutes) and that distracted me a bit. I managed to push my power up to the mid 2110s or so at highest, but finished up around 2050 due to a couple of bad losses at the very end.

Last edited:

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I just want to thank everyone who participated in the Splatfest. It's really the community around this game that keeps me coming back, even when I post 5 times a day in the salt thread. You folks are all great and whatever the results, the fun was the journey with all of you, flight or invisibility, it matters not. Rock on!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I just want to thank everyone who participated in the Splatfest. It's really the community around this game that keeps me coming back, even when I post 5 times a day in the salt thread. You folks are all great and whatever the results, the fun was the journey with all of you, flight or invisibility, it matters not. Rock on!
I can say with confidence that the community of Splatoon is one of it's most appealing things. Honestly, so much less toxic than other communities. and the posts in the plaza are almost always a joy to see.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Alright, one more round of screencapturography for the fest from me.

Well... he's not entirely wrong...

I think someone is invisible to someone!

*honk honk* "No time to explain, Ansible! Get in!!"

I like the way you think!

*giggle*

*gasp* You fiend!

*gasp* And the Red Baron was invisible too!!

And boy are her tentacles tired! *hit *

First thing that came to mind:

The true meaning of Christmas Splatfest!

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Interesting. I bet NoA saw the results of the NA Mayo vs. Ketchup Splatfest and decided the underdog principle kept making the results too predictable.

Well then, I don't see any reason to stay up all night anymore. See you guys tomorrow!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Matchmaking is terrible this Splatfest. Saw a level 9, 9, 11, 50 team vs. a 45, 38, 24, 48 earlier. Say what you will, but level matters for gear. Heck, there's not even the opportunity to abuse the ZR button with a Tri-Slosher or Octobrush for those low levels!
I think the matchmaking calculates by splat power, so it puts in a bunch of newbies and that lvl 50 pro on the same team who's presumably on a winning streak. The high power level of said pro balances out the lower levels on the other three, while the other team is a lot more well balanced.

I know this because i was in a few games like these as the one strong player, and they are stressful beyond belief. You suddenly have to play a killer role regardless if you are comfortable playing one, because if you don't your team will get shot one by one by the enemy. And you can never die, otherwise a wipe is almost guaranteed to happen.

Dude, 2200+ points is still very impressive. Good job!

Still would've gone with a different name, tho. Even if you did make it to the charts, you'd be known across the board as MYTEAMSUX! and i don't think you'd have liked that very much.

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
This is probably way late in posting relevancy, but I just had a perplexing thought... what team would best fit if you were a stealth bomber...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom