• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just had a 1v3 Splatfest match. How does this even count? It shouldn't, I'm sorry my team either left or disconnected for some reason, but how is it my fault?!
It wouldn't be too hard for them to program something in that prevents these from counting towards the Splatfest total. I'd like to think that they did, but who knows.
But even if they don't, it's rare enough and happens to both sides...

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
According to my time and when the US splatfest started you guys are waiting for the results, BUT: I read that the splatfest results are combined with them from EU which means you guys have to wait a little bit more until EU is finished.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A bit late, but my final Splatfest stats: 21 wins, 12 losses, and a final (and record) Splatfest Power of 2043.
...is that what's considered "good"?
To add onto what Danku said, any score at or above 2,000 in League or Splatfest power marks you as a pretty solid player in my eyes. So I'd say you did just fine!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Doesn't your Splatfest Power also depend on your rank in the Ranked Battle modes? Because if so, I'd never get anywhere since I don't play Tower Control or Rainmaker.

Not that Splatfest Power does anything.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Doesn't your Splatfest Power also depend on your rank in the Ranked Battle modes? Because if so, I'd never get anywhere since I don't play Tower Control or Rainmaker.

Nah, they abandoned that. Now it's calculated after 7 battles and then goes up and down with wins and losses, same as League.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200

Nah, they abandoned that. Now it's calculated after 7 battles and then goes up and down with wins and losses, same as League.
It depended on your Rank back in Splatoon1. But now: It is been calculated after 7 matches a then go up or down as you win or lose.

I reached 2100+ so yeah. But I still hate the ranking system in Ranked and Splatfests:
Ranked: I struggled to keep myself in S in Splatoon1 but now I don't have any problems staying in S+. According to the Splatnet: My wins/loses often count like: 23/27. That would mean I would almost instantly fall out of S+ in Splatoon1 since you lose more point than you win.

And Splatfests:
I feel like the points are NOT important for the system: I often had a Splatfest power around 1950 while my personal Splatfest power were around 2075 point. That is not cool. And my enemy team than had around 1950 aswell or even under 1800 and way too often somewhere between 1800 and 1900 sometimes even 1900 and 2000 and almost never 2000+. I were the hole time above 2000!!!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah but they don't affect each other, so what does it even matter if your team's Power is?

I honestly don't even understand how to get the power up. I got up to 1897 this time, and last time I got around that mark too. Even though last time not only did I have a much higher win-to-lose ratio, I also played for longer.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Same here. Thankfully I'm in Europe so I still have 23.5 hours for my wifi to get its act together.

I did take a look at the Shifty Station map in recon quickly, and I'm a little surprised that it's completely different from the Mayo/Ketchup Shifty Station. I hope that these will come back in some form after the Splatfests end, because if we're only getting 24h to play on them that would suck.
Shifty Station doesn't actually exist. With the Switch exploits and kernel the dataminers of the game revealed that there's just a bunch of test and debug files for Shifty Station and the stage layout is downloaded when the Splatfest is announced (alongside the ink colours, team artwork and text for both teams if they win). As such, when a Splatfest ends and the winning team is declared, these files are removed and are rendered inaccessible forever (hence why Splatfest shirts then return to their default grey colour with the default logo). It also means Splatfest will most likely be every 4 weeks versus the every 3 weeks with Splat 1 as the devs have to add gimmicks to the new Shifty Station and make sure the game doesn't glitch or crash due to the new setup of the map.

On a side note I had a pretty unpleasant match last night against Invisibility where one of their teammates disconnected on Moray and we ended up spawn camping for about a minute or so. One of their teammates gave up and dropped from spawn squidbagging, spinning around in our ink and just standing still. We had nowhere else to ink so me and one of my teammates were in the spawn area whilst our Octobrush was a floor below to catch anyone who jumped down past us. I didn't enjoy the spawn camp and obviously the remaining teammates didn't for Invisibility, but we couldn't exactly just let them leave spawn in case they did turn the match around as it would be a loss for Flight and also lowering my Splatfest Power which is a nightmare to grind up most of the time. I'll leave the pictures here so you can see the result, it wasn't very pretty and I felt really bad for the Invisibility members:

I also had a frankly embarrassing match for my team against Invisibility near the end, right when I was aiming for 2400 Power last night before packing in it (I don't particularly care for Splatfest, but as there's a monopoly on Super Sea Snails for adding slots I kind of just go for King and then grind Splatfest Power unless it drops too low to bother continuing). I don't think any of the players were particularly skilled on my end, as they lost to 3 Aerosprays and a Slosher, and one of them used a Sting Ray in a really exposed and open way and died about 5 seconds after activating it.

As much as I tried I couldn't out-turf 3 Aerosprays when no-one on my team were scoring any kills, so it was a lost cause for Flight from the word go.

Immediately after that I had an even worse match with incompetent teammates that also wasn't fun as you can see here:

This one contained a laggy Splat Roller whose flicks didn't come out nor match the direction they were facing so they kept getting all the stupid kills on me and with a team that gets 3 kills total I had no backup or support from them. I honestly think they need to fix matchmaking, because in Splatoon 1 Power was introduced to make similar skilled players play off against each other and stop decimating the new players like we did (where in the last regular Splatfest, Pokémon Red vs Blue, I spawn camped team Red over and over again with the Custom Range Blaster with little to no effort) in the old Splatfests. We all know how dramatically different Splatfest became after that, us S and S+ players got team deathmatch and next to no mirror matches whilst lower ranks would see mirror matches more often as kids over-inflated a team's population and matches were the same there. I'm surprised it doesn't do it here, especially with the placement match system, as there were too many matches where I was a good 20 levels higher than anyone else on my team, and it showed through in the performance. I can't carry an entire team by myself if they are that low level and skill and the other team are at least somewhat competent, because it relies on me never getting killed and scoring 20 splats a match to protect the lesser skilled players, and let's face it, that won't happen if they constantly die and then you get 3v1'd because you were trying to paint and get to a good spot to take them out. Anyway rant over, just felt the need to get it off my chest because it's pretty bad game design and whilst I'm not salty, I just think this needs fixing ASAP.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'll probably be saying this well into next year and it bears repeating, it's a good thing the core gameplay is so much fun because so many of the mechanics on the outside of matches make NO friggin' sense.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Bah I didn't take any pics, but I did get over 2300 on my way to King. Do they still do the top 100? If so perhaps I'll start playing longer again, see if I can make top 5 like I did in Splatoon 1 a few times. Unfortunately my main strategy for doing that being to find teammates with low splatfest power wont work in this game since it throws you into a new lobby after every match, curses!

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Bah I didn't take any pics, but I did get over 2300 on my way to King. Do they still do the top 100? If so perhaps I'll start playing longer again, see if I can make top 5 like I did in Splatoon 1 a few times. Unfortunately my main strategy for doing that being to find teammates with low splatfest power wont work in this game since it throws you into a new lobby after every match, curses!
Top 100 is in the SplatNet 2 App, it shows it on the results page of which team won and (at least with Mayo vs Ketchup) you can see all regions Top 100 and compare them between Japan, Europe and North America + Oceania.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Top 100 is in the SplatNet 2 App, it shows it on the results page of which team won and (at least with Mayo vs Ketchup) you can see all regions Top 100 and compare them between Japan, Europe and North America + Oceania.
Ugh, why must everything be through that unnecessary app. Guess I'll have to have someone else check for me.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
RESULTS (NA and EU combined)
POPULARITY:
Flight: 49%
Invisibility: 51%

SOLO WINS:
Flight: 55%
Invisibility: 45%

TEAM WINS:
Flight: 52%
Invisibility: 48%

CONGRATS TEAM FLIGHT!!!!!
Hooray! Flight wins, meaning this is the first Splatfest I've won in this game! (Shoutout to my Ketchup Cake Bros!)

Speaking of which, this Splatfest also featured one of the strangest matches I've ever played in the entire series...

Your eyes aren't deceiving you: I legitimately played in a 4v0 Match.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
RESULTS (NA and EU combined)
POPULARITY:
Flight: 49%
Invisibility: 51%

SOLO WINS:
Flight: 55%
Invisibility: 45%

TEAM WINS:
Flight: 52%
Invisibility: 48%

CONGRATS TEAM FLIGHT!!!!!
Huh. Combining the totals did alleviate the popularity disparity though not the underdogging. Makes me think Ninty's going to do this for the rest of the Splatfests if it worked out like this.

Anyway, time to go collect my 21 snails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom