• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's just that accepting one impossibility but arguing over others, like that somehow even begins to touch on everything you can possibly discuss about it from a science-standpoint, is kinda silly to me. The point of picking is picking which advantages would be best. That's a much more interesting discussion IMO.

It's like when people talked about how they wouldn't pick 'Space Adventure' in Splatoon 1 because they didn't have the money for it. Duh-doi.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's just that accepting one impossibility but arguing over others, like that somehow even begins to touch on everything you can possibly discuss about it from a science-standpoint, is kinda silly to me. The point of picking is picking which advantages would be best. That's a much more interesting discussion IMO.

It's like when people talked about how they wouldn't pick 'Space Adventure' in Splatoon 1 because they didn't have the money for it. Duh-doi.
Go on a comic book forum sometime, you'll find the discussions aren't going to be much different from what's been seen here. Lots more swearing sure, but aside from that :D

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
Gonna have to flight on this one, sorry Marina!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Welp, R.I.P. my Friday! Failed to toss the console in my bag today. So no Sloshing Machine while doing laundry for me. =(

Zachary2k18

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0256-4672-9609
Me and my Brother chose Team Flight because It's the Best!

SquiddoLuxray

Inkling
NNID
Pikachu4eva
Switch Friend Code
SW-5660-9040-5926
I'm going with invisibility, apparently to disappear at any time :)

SquiddoLuxray

Inkling
NNID
Pikachu4eva
Switch Friend Code
SW-5660-9040-5926
I mean, a lot of people sometimes perfer one side over the other, but i'd just go with your gut on what you decide

SquiddoLuxray

Inkling
NNID
Pikachu4eva
Switch Friend Code
SW-5660-9040-5926
It's crazy how much the "friends are mostly on blank team" factor determines a lot of people's choices in Splatfest in this game. Not surprising of course, it's just an interesting effect of this format.
I mean, a lot of people sometimes perfer one side over the other, but i'd just go with your gut on what you decide

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
My gog, so far I haven't had much luck this Splatfest until I resorted to abusing the Tri-Slosher. I think I'll continue my journey to King rank in the morning.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
First 3 matches were against Invis. Next was flight vs. flight. :(

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
First 3 matches were against Invis. Next was flight vs. flight. :(
I've gotten a few Flight vs. Flight matches, but most of my games at the moment had been against the opposing team. This would probably mean that team flight is more popular by a small margin.

At least it wasn't like last splatfest where the vast majority of my matches were Team Ketchup vs.Team Ketchup matches so I'm not worried about it (and matchmaking can be weird at times).

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Having a few invisibility mirror matches myself. Looks like both sides are extremely close.

I'll keep assisting my invisibuddies with bubbles even past king!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can count the number of Invisible mirror matches I've had on one hand, so I'm refraining from making any statements about the player distribution.

Anyway, been having a decent time so far. Finally made it into the 2000 power bracket, and immediately learned that I don't belong there. Things went kinda south until I caved in and bought the :wst_shot_expert01:, and I feel I've won more matches than I've lost since then. Unfortunately, Inkblot Art Academy is in the rotation now, so my quest for Royalty will have to wait until tomorrow.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Glad to hear that the mirror matches are going both ways. Makes me more confident than last time.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Mirror matches have been a bit of a rollercoaster in my region. I was reliably getting matches against flight teams for the first couple of hours or so, then suddenly I had a huge slew of mirror matches that lasted from about mid Champion to mid King. But then I closed out my rank progression with four or five straight Flight vs Invisibility matches. Either I was getting really lucky with matchmaking towards the end, or all the last minute Invisibility players showed up before all the last minute Flight players.

So much for Flight getting you places faster :p

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Invisibility is kinda against me! Im actually trying everything I can to be visible. But for now: Waiting for EU splatfest to start. 4hours to go from this point.

Oh: I am infact going to record the hole time. Looking forward to make some sort of crazy video out of it. I may take a weapon with inkjet to be more fun (I mean flying).

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Might need a good team to play with if anyone is on Invisibility.... because so far, team Flight is kicking my teeth in.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
One thing I've noticed that slightly irks me is that the Splatnet app shows all of your Splatfest matches as being Flight vs Invisibility, even if they were mirror matches. I wanted to check and see how many of my matches were actually supporting my team and what my effective win rate was, but it's really hard to tell without remembering specific games.

At first I thought that the app just didn't show mirror matches at all, but that can't be the case. The app shows 33 Splatfest matches, and I know for a fact that I played 33 matches - I started the Splatfest with a fresh 1.5x EXP ticket active, used another one right when it ran out, and finished up with 7 matches left on it.

There's also this:

As you can see, the person called YAS QUEEN was on my side in one match, but against me in another. They were on my team several other times as well, as was NBroah. The Splatnet app even changed their titles to Team Flight titles. It does the same to the Team Power displayed under the results bar.

So basically, outside of remembering every single match, or taking notes, the only way to tell how many of your matches actually mattered is to compare the players on your team to players you also played against. For obvious reasons, that isn't going to work on every mirror match you have. I was only able to identify four mirror matches that way, and I know I definitely had more than that. This kind of annoys me, because I'd like to be able to see what portion of matches I played actually matters when it comes to the final results.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Gave up on staring at the ceiling for entertainment, so I took to the squid-kids and soloed my way to royalty.

I'm feeling really "Meh." about this fest. Everything went okay enough. But sadly couldn't break into the mid-1800s. However, after 40-something matches I counted my win rate at 56%. Which I guess is okay? Especially when you're rotating in-and-out nothing but weapons you haven't really used for more than half a session?

I just wasn't feeling that spark.

Meanwhile, though I enjoy the concept of Shifty Station—it's weighed down by some laggy nonsense! Invisible curling bombs. An octobrush with a splatcharger range. Splatted by inkjet exhaust when you're on higher ground above the inkjet. One match lost because a bunch of invisible ink suddenly appeared after the match was called. Another match lost because team invisible was still inking the ground after the match was called. And a teleporting brella and brella user going. Shifty Station indeed!

Other nonsense that occurred included my first match was against two n-zaps AND two tri-sloshers. And there I was playing squiffer and the only ink armor on my team. Of course we lost! During the time I was using the squiffer I almost felt bad for cheesing the chargeroll—hiding my laser while aiming directly at them.

Also, what the fresh hell is this nonsense with players zerg rushing the enemy spawn?! I mean, they're not even doing the "meta" of rushing to middle. They're almost ignoring mid and just taking the fight directly to the team's spawn as soon as the match starts. And you'll have some just repeatedly rush the spawn point throughout the match no matter how the map is looking at that given time. The first few times it was confusing, now it's just an annoyance I have to squash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom