Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Picking Ninja because Japan. Call me a weaboo, I dont care.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Not totally Halloween related, but still an okay theme. Might go for Team Ninja (lol, that's a name of a game developer) since I'm always rooting for my favorite color. :P

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Ninjas sneak around, are quick and nimble, often have double swords, katanas and shurikens, and vanish in plain sight.

Pirates do have swords, but they're marooned on a ship most of the time and don't have that sleek or mystery aura the ninjas possess.

Ninjas all the way for me.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Even though I love ninjas, I have loved pirates since I was a child. I didn't know what a ninja was until I was nearly 9. I'm siding with the Pirates on this one! Go Pirates!

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
...I know this has been debated for decades, but I never conclusively made up my mind.

Still haven't made it up yet.

Wins definitely don't need to be x6 now. Why even count Popularity then? Unless they're going to add a third factor.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Captain Jack Sparrow, Foxy the Pirate, adventure, freedom..... I think it's pirates for me this time~ >w< I'm back on Callie's side again haha. :P

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
You know what would be cool. If the Team NInja shirts had Ninja Squid and the Team Pirate shirts had Cold-Blooded.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well, I changed my mind and I'll be going with Pirates. I like them both equally, but I'm more of a nautical guy anyway. There will be too many darn Ninjas out in full force on Splatfest night. Also, Pirates of the Caribbean though.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus

You were sayin'?
I don't know about that. Kenway seems more of an assassin than a pirate.

My decision was made from the time it was announced. It should be obvious considering that the biggest x-factor in the Splatfest will be the significant percentage of players who are from Pittsburgh, PA or are students of Seton Hall University or East Carolina University or just about anybody who is a fan of any sports team with "Pirates" for a nickname.

And because of that I chose Team NINJA! So, yeah, **** a pirate. #arrghmyass

Last edited by a moderator:

LimitCrown

Full Squid
NNID
LimitCrown
Increasing the win percentage multiplier from 4 to 6 was entirely unnecessary, and it was changed again only because of people complaining about not winning on the team with the most wins. The change probably won't make things more skill-based, and Splatfests were supposed to be partially popularity contests, anyways.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Considering captain Malcolm was basically a pirate in space, I'm leaning heavily toward pirate at this point.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Find this topic curious like the Japan one but there is so much cultural backstory in many Splatfests which I'll never get.

Picking Ninja because Japan. Call me a weaboo, I dont care.
Haha, the same way I was thinking. I would also vote for Ninjas ;)

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Had to sleep on this. Woke and and realized I'm 150% pirate.

Just a bunch of sea rebels loaded with swords, guns, and treasure. Cannons, sails, the risk of being out in the open ocean, sharks, the Kraken. The entire atmosphere pirates have is truly awesome.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Increasing the win percentage multiplier from 4 to 6 was entirely unnecessary, and it was changed again only because of people complaining about not winning on the team with the most wins. The change probably won't make things more skill-based, and Splatfests were supposed to be partially popularity contests, anyways.
Honestly, in my strong opinion, I would get rid of popularity altogether. Mixing a skill-based competition with a popularity contest isn't really a good idea to begin with, since the objectives are so conflicting (most wins vs. how liked something is), and with Splatoon being mainly a skill-based game, it's better to keep win percentage and ditch popularity. At least, that's my view, although I feel strongly about it.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean Splatfest isn't a tournament. The reason popularity is counted is cause this is a competition between two themes and the support each theme has isn't something to be ignore.

I liked when it was 4x, I mean Cars won and they had some of the lowest popularity out of the Splatfest.
I think the change to 6x was made with mainly JP's interests since popularity has always been the deciding factor or they swept both categories. Isn't the case in NA and EU where minority teams have won a lot as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom