Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Well, judging by my plaza, Team Ninjas is winning popularity by a landslide so far. Thank goodness the 6x multiplier was started now, as Pirates may not have stood a chance.
I can tell by the number of Yeahs I get in my Miiverse posts. I got 57+ for my Marshmallows, Autobots and my first Team Science post (which was very close in popularity even though it was slightly less in popularity than Art). I barely got for Team Cars. I made a Pirates related post last night and only got 31 Yeahs. I made a new one just now but let's see how much I will get.

Edit: I just got 75 yeahs for my latest Miiverse post. Good ol' Spongebob.

Last edited:

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Hopefully popularity doesn't screw us over. It seems like every odd splatfest the united states has, the more popular team wins.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'll be giving it my all for Pirates but there's going to be a lot of Ninjas, since I see a lot of them draw anime (Mostly Naruto) in my plaza. There are indeed more of them in my plaza so they definitely got the popularity vote. But with the x6 multiplier, they better pray Pirates don't have the better members or they'll be walking the plank.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Guys lets be real here this splatfest is basically: Team Naruto vs Team Luffy

Team Luffy all the way

I'm going to throw a curveball at you guys:

If ninjas prove to be more popular then they're going to lose, you know why? (more bad players in the mix)

Check out the results of the previous splatfests.
Not only do I prefer Pirates, but I also chose them specifically for this reason lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
All this predicting about the Splatfest Meta is only going to backfire.

(removed video I posted here, not sure if it was appropriate so better be safe)

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
You'd better be right, with me being team pirates n' all.
I'm Pirates too. And would you want me to not be right? People are predicting the more skilled will be on the less popular team which is Pirates.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm Pirates too. And would you want me to not be right? People are predicting the more skilled will be on the less popular team which is Pirates.
It's not that the more skilled people will pick pirates, it is just that there is a less dilution of skilled players. Even if one team gets more skilled players numerically, the ratio of skilled player to unskilled would be more unbalanced for the more popular team. Of course, there would be a breakpoint of popularity where you'd need a certain percentage to achieve this ratio, otherwise you'd get another art vs science.

Another reason I picked pirate:
Han Solo was basically a pirate as well.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I picked Pirates because of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Best game in the series even though I miss not having the harpy transformation (my favorite mythological creature).

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
If only the Ninja Splatfest shirts had the Ninja Squid ability instead of Special Saver...
don't splatfest tees always have special saver as their ability though? plus, ninja squid would be SO op if it were only available to one team and not the other lol.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
don't splatfest tees always have special saver as their ability though? plus, ninja squid would be SO op if it were only available to one team and not the other lol.
1) Yes they do.

2) If a lot of team pirate ran Nzap 85, Dual Squelcher, .96 Gal, Custom Jr, H3 Nozzelnose, Dynamo, or E Liter, then echolocator would completely nullify ninja squid. But that WOULD take more coordination than is probably possible during a splatfest, even if there is a weapon with it in just about every weapon class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom