Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I have to know this, but does anyone here actually enjoy playing on Flounder Heights?
I do, except on Rainmaker. I like how there are multiple paths to the center, so there are always surprises, and all weapons are pretty viable.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I do, except on Rainmaker. I like how there are multiple paths to the center, so there are always surprises, and all weapons are pretty viable.
Agreed! Yet I like it on Rainmaker too. It and Kelp Dome are prime maps for the 20 second dash.

But it can be really annoying if you have a roller or blaster class and a team that won't ink the blasted walls!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Flounder Heights leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm just not good with picking the best route for first confrontation yet what with the wall scaling and odd chance I'll be sniped / flanked from behind, and well, the map's mid gives me sweaty palms :/

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I have to know this, but does anyone here actually enjoy playing on Flounder Heights?
Oh, I voted for it! I love the dominance of climbable walls and number of movement options on it. There are a lot of little hiding spots; although it's easy to spot opponents who are coming from spawn, once they approach the central buildings, there's usually a way for them to weave away from potential harassers.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh, I voted for it! I love the dominance of climbable walls and number of movement options on it. There are a lot of little hiding spots; although it's easy to spot opponents who are coming from spawn, once they approach the central buildings, there's usually a way for them to weave away from potential harassers.
You sicken me, 1: that you actually got to vote and 2: you voted for Flounder Heights! :p

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Okay, I wanna know who voted for Moray Towers right now. No seriously, I'm legitimately salty. Who thought Moray would be a good pick for the final splatfest? Like really? Really? We need to have a discussion on what GOOD maps are.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Are all regions not playing together? Apparently Japan has already begun waifu warefare.

Maave

Inkling Commander
What does the team distribution look like so far? I only found 1 poll online so far about teams and it favored Marie. Miiverse posts seem about even both ways. I've gotten over my Marie salt, I'll pick the underdog so I can get easier matching

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Much as I disliked Moray in the past, ever since the update I've found it to be a lot more tolerable. That or I've just gotten better at it :rolleyes:. But hey, Kelp Dome's what I was hoping for. This Splatfest is officially a go.

...in the meantime, I've discovered what it is to be in a near-full lobby and have the full wait timer expire. I guess Splatoon is unofficially dead then?

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Okay, I wanna know who voted for Moray Towers right now. No seriously, I'm legitimately salty. Who thought Moray would be a good pick for the final splatfest? Like really? Really? We need to have a discussion on what GOOD maps are.
I did :D. I've always liked the map especially if there's no sniper. There are other things but it's also fun to get to the top and camp out the opponent.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I had 4 matches:

2 for Callie (my account), both won, 1 game vs Team Marie, 1 vs Team Callie. Splatfestpower 1200.

2 for Marie (friends account), both won, both vs Team Callie. Splatfestpower 1000.

I chose to finish this already since I don't have time + need to play until kings rank. So I stop when it's still good. But I wish you all fun and success! :)

PS:
Japan plays on their own, EU/OC and NA play together.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
So I'm a Berry Splattershot Pro main and that's the weapon I'm using in this splatfest. Do you think I should go for the strength up set so it's a 2 shot kill, the bomb range up set, or the ink efficiency set?

CrazyGadget

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CrazyGadget466
GG at having a Bomb Rush for the potential Infinite Tears of Heaven-
I'd say attack up for that personally and you can go around splatting threats as the Bomb Rush could be your main source of coverage.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So far, I've won both matches I've played for Team Marie. One of them was a clutch win, but the other...

Anyway, I'll admit I'm really only playing to guarantee that I'll have enough Snails to max out all my gear slots for the moment. That, and because it's supposed to last 48 hours starting today I'm gonna spread out my time grinding to King rank. Besides, I still need to work today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom