• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I must be one of the few who is glad to see Splatfests go. A neat feature that got old by Splatfest #3. Yes a big feature of the game is going, but who really cares that much anyway? I hate being forced into Turf for 24+hrs with 3 maps and nothing else to do. I'll miss night time maps and the Splatfest songs (even if it gets repetitive), but the rest? Not so much. If you want Snails, even if you don't like the idea, run the kernel exploit and the 999 Snail hack. Problem solved. I agree with Lonely Dolphin on this though, I certainly expected Splatfests to go on longer than a year but all in all, not a huge loss at all. I may just go Callie for that amazing ink colour, though I find Marie better for her sass and burns during Splatfest announcements. Callie is too naive and basically an airhead, so is kind of lame in comparison. I just hope Museum gets picked tbh, we only had it once in PAL regions. I reckon Japan is on its own after the Miitomo Top 200 comprising Japanese players only more or less. My issue is we have a 48hr Splatfest on the horizon, which will not be fun at all. I reckon the top 200 will be those who grind the entire Splatfest and hit 4000+ or something dumb with their Splatfest Power.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Been waiting for this. I hope they make this a super specialm event.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
It's pretty sad how Splatoon's coming to a close, but I think its already universally expected/known we'll get a sequel on NX, so its not all that bad.

Still, I'm pretty sad this'll be the last one...

I'm team Marie for this one, I'm pretty sure Team Marie will win the popularity portion of the event.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Huge bummer that this is the last one. Really hoping the NX has a decent price now.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
All I ask is, the fanart better be spectacular. So many crossover battles to depict. So many things to use from their personalities. Lets close this one with the most ferver and finesse we can provide.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
This is extremely depressing that it's the end of Splatfest. They've been miserable experiences of late, and I'm sure the reason for their end is because, basically, they realize they're broken and there's too few remaining players to make it work well. But it still sucks, and I can't help but think it's primarily about working toward the NX unveiling and tapering support for existing games. Sadly, it's not like they're releasing much of anything else on WiiU in the mean-time. Color Splash is literally the very last and only remaining WiiU game to release (other than Zelda which is more of an NX release), you mean to tell me they want to kill off Splatoon AND have no games for 8 months? The Nintendo planning geniuses are at it again...

Thank goodness 3DS owners at least have Metroid Prime: Federation Force to look forward to during that time! (*hides under the table.*)

This is why you do NOT tie critical in-game currency to a scheduled event. No splatfest causes actual play issues.

Shame, only have 40 snails or so on my alts. Probably wont grind the last fest too much either. And I'm not doing the hacks. So I'll return to never rerolling anything and sticking with the first natural roll, more or less.

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
So... what about the snails Nintendo? You gotta make a new way for them. (Also, the servers might still be up after the NX is released for a while til the next year... but who knows? Splatoon was released on the Wii U's deathbed)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Just got up to the news.
WAT
COME ON GUYS
but you know, who wasn't expecting the theme and for this to be the last?

I probably won't be able to play the first day of Splatfest, tho ;-; So it's pretty much my usual 24-hour fest.

MARIE TO THE DEATH YALL
(SOrry Callie love you but Marie has always been my favorite)

I've never drawn the Squid Sisters but I'll try to this Splatfest. THis is definitely a special occasion.

ZootFluteRiot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZootFluteRiot
I'm really hoping they continue with Splatoon. The last splatfest? This is so depressing, for me! There are so many THIS vs THATs which have not been resolved by an adorable Callie vs Marie feud, yet! Were they looking for more sponsors for splatfest but just aren't getting many bites? I will definitely miss Inkopolis by night :<

I could care less about being forced in to turf for 24 hours because I used to play ranked all the time, but now I play turf to give myself a break. I'm a full time grad student that works full time, so I don't need all the stress that ranked brings, all the time. Rank lost it's appeal to me after I reached S and S+.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'm really hoping they continue with Splatoon. The last splatfest? This is so depressing, for me! There are so many THIS vs THATs which have not been resolved by an adorable Callie vs Marie feud, yet! Were they looking for more sponsors for splatfest but just aren't getting many bites? I will definitely miss Inkopolis by night :<

I could care less about being forced in to turf for 24 hours because I used to play ranked all the time, but now I play turf to give myself a break. I'm a full time grad student that works full time, so I don't need all the stress that ranked brings, all the time. Rank lost it's appeal to me after I reached S and S+.
It's over 24 hours this time. From 5 EST Friday to 5 EST Sunday
I think the 22-24 or something

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
rip the snail economy?

I'm gonna miss the ol' nighttime rotations, those were really nice. What I'm not gonna miss is the 4 hour grindfest of lag and salt. Still, it's a little sad knowing Splatfest is ending, I remember how exciting and riveting the first Splatfest was and how everyone was having a good time. I guess it's good that it's ending, I'm not sure how many more Splatfests I could've taken otherwise.

btw loyalty > snails in this Splatfest, let's go Team Marie! >:0

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Well isn't that something... Wonder why they are ending Splatfests now instead of a later date.
No matter. I'm going with Callie, and this time, I WILL WIN!!!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Nintendo better lowers the price for rerolls to 15.000!

Otherwise I have to find at least 7 players who will join the lobby and farm points in turf war with me :<

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
That's the heart of it. I'll miss the themes and the night time events and all, but after they butchered the fun out of actually playing splatfests back before snow/sand, it's really just about the snails. The plaza is more fun than the playing during fests now! The last time I actually enjoyed it was Pokemon red/blue. I've TRIED to enjoy it since then, but Sand/snow was horrendous torture, Spongebob was "ok" but unpleasant, fancy/costume was better only because japan was included and it lasted longer. I missed most of this past one but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Still it seems much too soon to end splatfests AND kill the reroll economy. Perhaps that tells us just HOW few people are really still playing this game according to their metrics. OR it means new features are coming in a patch? Splatoon, Smash, and MK8 are seriously the only things they have going to try to sell WiiU's this Christmas....and they certainly don't have any NX's to sell.... You can't tell me they accept having nothing viable to sell for 8 months.

Felarine

Inkling
NNID
gauzewiga
i finally have an excuse to flood my miiverse account with marie!

joking aside, i'm happy this is the first splatfest in a while i can make (any other saturday and i would've missed it for marching band). i've only been around since past vs future, and it sucks that i didn't get the full splatfest experience people who have had the game the full time have. ah well. time to become a marie king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom