• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Well, don't forget about the Callie and Marie amiibos. Maybe they will give us Splatfest exclusive functions like nighttime for each stage and replace some of the functions we will lose from the end of Splatfests.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So it's really happening! In all honesty, I haven't enjoyed Splatfest for a while now. I feel bad for everyone who still loves Splatfest though, and snails are important. I hope they implement a new system for them going forward.

I'll probably go with Marie on my main account, and Callie on the alt. I love them both equally, but I used to prefer Marie, so I guess I gotta go with my original favorite.

It's crazy to think it's been a whole year since the first Splatfest. I remember it happening on the July 4th weekend last year, so it's fitting to end it around the same time.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
NWPlayer has said the data for the Squid Sisters amiibo hasn't been entirely loaded into the game, and we're pretty close to July 8th, so it's entirely possible that with that patch, we're getting some new way to earn snails, or, more optomistically, an END to the RNG hell that is getting all three of the abilities you want in a roll.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I missed Early Bird V Night Owl, so I'm not gonna miss this one, especially since it'll be the last.

Though I love both Callie and Marie, I'll be Team Marie.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I can't believe this is the last one!!!! I know a lot of people didn't exactly enjoy Splatfest, but I have enjoyed most of them (Pirates VS Ninja was my worst one). I'm going to miss all the silly Miiverse posts people come up with and watching Callie and Marie dance. I remember the very first Splatfest like it was yesterday. How it was delayed and everyone got so salty. My reaction when I saw how pretty everything was at night. Seeing everyone dancing at the Plaza. It was such an amazing experience that made me even more in love with the game. I'm super excited to see what they do to Splatoon in the future, but let's celebrate this last Splatfest and have as much fun as we can!!!!!!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well. It was a good run for those Splatfests, but all things sadly must come to an end.

At least I'll be able to grind for enough snails for getting all my gear maxed out if I go beyond Fanboy rank (and if I keep my GamePad not-broken...).

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Well, this seems sad. I didn't think they'd do a final one so soon. I wonder who's going to win?
Man, I won't be able to get any more snails after this.

DylanDude

Inkling
NNID
DylanDude120
I might have to finally try making it to the highest rank (Champion, is it?), though I'll have to see how long I can endure that. Oh, and I'm never using another Super Sea Snail ever again after this.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
****, seriously? They're actually going with the lamest possible theme for the last Splatfest. How disappointing.

Well, count me in with the "really gonna miss Splatfests" crowd. I know I'm among the few to enjoy the hellish bloodbaths that they've become, even if they do manage to infuriate me every now and then.

This one I'm joining in purely for the hell of it. I don't need the Sea Snail rewards, for I have 100+ snails stored away and ways *cough*hax*cough* to make up for any bad rolls. Nay, I'm going in for the glory of my team, supporting my teammates and smiting the infidels that chose wrong. Also I wanna see if I can't make good on my promise of getting into the Top 100 in North America; as an added challenge, maybe I'll make an alt account to work my way up from the bottom of the ladder.

Wait, we can vote for the maps this time around? Cool, but now I'm left with the dilemma of what maps are my favorites... hmm, I know Kelp Dome's up there at least. On the other hand, I know right away I'm siding with Marie. She's still the overall Splatfest loser, and 17 wins out of 45 is kind of a meh record, but a win for her would make her tied with Callie in Japan (that's something, right?). Besides, I've always kinda preferred her personality over Callie's, though I can't say why.

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
I just hope the map vote doesn't go horribly wrong and we end up with something mindnumbingly painful to play through like Saltspray/Hammerhead/Moray.

I'm personally hoping for Walleye/Arowana/Kelp. Kelp Dome has got screwed over by Nintendo's map favouritism (looking at Piranha Pit and Mahi-Mahi Resort!) butimnotbiasedtokelpdomeatallplsvotekelpdome

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I actually thought it may be cooler to play all stages in one rotation in the order of when they first appeared. Would be a nice way to say good-bye.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
Wow, to think all this time I've never spent but a handful of my snails because you could use money to buy the re-roll. I was just collecting to see how many I could rack up over the months. Will be interesting to see what happens after the last Splatfest. I would be nice to have a "rotate all maps" feature for one. Map voting ala Mario Kart style would be great! Hopefully Nintendo won't let us down for the last update and gives us a ton of voting / map options. :-)

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
****, seriously? They're actually going with the lamest possible theme for the last Splatfest. How disappointing.

Well, count me in with the "really gonna miss Splatfests" crowd. I know I'm among the few to enjoy the hellish bloodbaths that they've become, even if they do manage to infuriate me every now and then.

This one I'm joining in purely for the hell of it. I don't need the Sea Snail rewards, for I have 100+ snails stored away and ways *cough*hax*cough* to make up for any bad rolls. Nay, I'm going in for the glory of my team, supporting my teammates and smiting the infidels that chose wrong. Also I wanna see if I can't make good on my promise of getting into the Top 100 in North America; as an added challenge, maybe I'll make an alt account to work my way up from the bottom of the ladder.

Wait, we can vote for the maps this time around? Cool, but now I'm left with the dilemma of what maps are my favorites... hmm, I know Kelp Dome's up there at least. On the other hand, I know right away I'm siding with Marie. She's still the overall Splatfest loser, and 17 wins out of 45 is kind of a meh record, but a win for her would make her tied with Callie in Japan (that's something, right?). Besides, I've always kinda preferred her personality over Callie's, though I can't say why.
It's the best possible theme considering half the Miiverse posts in the Plaza even when it's not Splatfest since the beginning have been "Next Splatfest should be Callie vs Marie!" - if it were a player vote, this is the theme the player base would have overwhelmingly written in. This is Splatoon Ballot right here.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I choose team polygamy FTW!

But really, I can't decide (which eye to pluck out) so I'll either sit it out or conjure a pair of alts to fight it out. Not sure how I feel about the last splatfests my being worldwide though.

I really hope the night time plaza will be available outside of the amiibos. Or at least the night time maps. Wonder if they have anything further planned for the game after this or if they'll neglect it to rot on the vine. =/

All I ask is, the fanart better be spectacular. So many crossover battles to depict. So many things to use from their personalities. Lets close this one with the most ferver and finesse we can provide.
As a lover of more comedic and storytelling Splatoon fanart, and secret CalliexMarie shipper (shut up and enjoy the lulz!), I hope it'll be especially spectacular for the months to come!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't think this will mean the end of Super Sea Snails. I'm sure it just means Nintendo finally realized that the scheduled events run counter to their corporate design principles. Their health & safety stuff says not to play for more than 1 hour at a time, but reaching King/Queen takes me about 4 hours, in a 24-hour period... it's not cool to encourage that. I'm sure there will be a replacement of some sort. Here are my thoughts regarding new possibilities:

1. The "business as usual." No more competitions at all. Super Sea Snails are placed into the regular economy, perhaps as a Vibe reward. I can see 1 Super Sea Snail as the "Smokin'" reward being just about right. They don't really need to worry about flooding the economy with too many Snails, since scummers and editors already screw up the economy big time.
  2. The "perpetual splatfest." Teams still exist and are picked every 3-4 weeks, with no gap in between; you immediately get your snails and pick a new team. Winners are based on the performance of individuals, rather than teams, during all Regular Battles. Splatfest Rank builds, very slowly, in any Regular Battle; I'm thinking that tripling or quadrupling the current target numbers is about right. The Splatfest aesthetics are triggered only by Amiibo.
  3. The "surprise splatfest." As #2, but every time the 8 slots happen to be filled with 4 members of each team, it becomes a "splatfest" battle (though it wouldn't be named that). The Splatfest aesthetics (nighttime, music, and team colors) kick in when this happens. Perhaps when you quit to the lobby right after one of these, you get the Splatfest plaza, but since that's also triggered by the Amiibo, perhaps not. But a bonus to this method is that you could get a Splatfest Ranked battle on occasion. Splatfest Rank and Power build (or fall) every time this happens. Depending on how often it happens, the Rank target numbers might need to be tweaked so that an average player can achieve King/Queen in about 10 hours of play over 3 weeks.

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
This makes me sad that splatfests are coming to an end, seemed rather short-lived.

That being said though, #teammarie

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Well well.....this topic has certainly blown up quite a lot. It's sad that it's the last one though. HOW WILL WE GET OUR SNAILS NOW??? I'm with Marie btw. I also voted for Museum D'Alfonsino. Great stage for sprinklers+lots of turf to cover=recieving lots of cash money baby!!!

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Team Marie ftw!

About this being the last splatfest... splatefest power kinda killed the fun, but it was still better than regular tw... oh well.
Now, if you'd excuse me... *goes to the corner and starts crying*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom