• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

IoCal

Inkling
This is the only Splatfest I've done (only got the game recently), but it's been really fun. It's rather annoying that in my matches it seems like there aren't enough longer-ranged weapons and too many rapid-fire ones. Not to mention all the rollers: those were torture. Currently champion on team Marie.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So, after having rather negative experiences in the last several splatfests, I just had one of the best! Aside from the constant DCing from good teams, I had managed to stay with two really great ones where we won a bunch of matches. Made it to Marie Queen ™ in one grand play session.

The sad part is, I actually fought very few Team Callies in the whole time. Not sure how that bodes for the final results. But I'm just happy the final Splatfest managed to make me feel pretty good.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I've had some pretty good win streaks with solid teams and only one disconnect. Now I'm a Marie Queen after two hours.

And I'll turn right around and do it again with Team Callie. I'm sorry, I couldn't choose just one.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You know just because someone uses male pronouns doesn't instantly mean they have male genitals :\
True, even though it was meant as a joke. And "Marie" is a unisex name, though often attributed as female.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
True, even though it was meant as a joke. And "Marie" is a unisex name, though often attributed as female.
I apologize, the responses to it just seemed a bit serious and I got a bit weirded out.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I made it to Marie queen after 4 hours. Lost way more matches than won. I think Callie is gonna win this one. Gonna see how quickly I can get to Callie queen tommorrow on my alt account and see if I get there quicker.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I've been losing more on my Marie main than on my Callie alt, but that also might be because my alt is A+ and my main is S. I switched from Splatterscope to Dual and it got much easier. I did get disconnected from a really good team though, which kinda sucks. Also still getting Walleye 80% of the time. I'm at Defender 29 and 32 right now, really having fun this fest. Onward!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Team Marie seems to be really adept at getting its *** kicked up until the literal last minute, then turning things around and getting the spawncamp. When it works, it works well. but when it doesn't... I'd be all for it if it wasn't so alarmingly sketchy.

Well, getting to Cyning rank was pretty straightforward. Managed to crack into the 1400 power bracket, where I'm currently sitting. I'll be back for more later, but first a little lunch break is in order.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well a bit painfull as usual to completion for me longer than normal splatfest wait times and playing my own team many time :(

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
From what i've witnessed of splatfest so far- I def. feel Callie is more popular. I have not fought a single group of my own team nor has my friend (we're on the same wii u taking turns together while i'm over.) There are some pretty good teams I've been paired with but more often than not we end up barely winning or barely loosing. It's kinda annoying.

I don't really think Marie's team is going to win .... but hey, last splatfest caught me off guard so who knows.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I wish things would have been different for the last Splatfest, but nope. It's the same laggy, disconnecting garbage it always has been. I lost a match on Moray because as soon as I was going for their base, I got the classic Connection Unstable message, then literally one second later it came back and I was dead. The opposing team plowed through our base and won. I had a laggy Aerosprat PG's Kraken hit me from halfway across mid in Walleye, and the ONE TIME I was placed in a team of four level 50's, it loses connection and decides to put me with three level 20-30's instead - which then lost.

And the worst part? No matter how much I complain in this one post, it's still not half as bad as the other Splatfests we've had as of late. I honestly couldn't say which team is going to win, but I feel like Marie's side has the popularity; I've faced enough mirror matches today to convince myself of this. I don't know if my own performance is any kind of indication of how well our side is doing, but my Zimi's been netting me some decent last-minute quad kills with the flat maps.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I have no clue why, but I can never win on Walleye or Moray... Kelp seems to be guaranteed at least.
Probably because Moray is garbage. lol Can't say too much about Walleye...
From what i've witnessed of splatfest so far- I def. feel Callie is more popular. I have not fought a single group of my own team nor has my friend (we're on the same wii u taking turns together while i'm over.) There are some pretty good teams I've been paired with but more often than not we end up barely winning or barely loosing. It's kinda annoying.

I don't really think Marie's team is going to win .... but hey, last splatfest caught me off guard so who knows.
I dunno about Callie being more popular. I didn't have any mirror matches, plus from what I've seen on here, Reddit, and Miiverse, I'd say Marie is WAY more popular. With that said, I lost MOST of my matches on Team Callie. I had a win streak going but then it was broken... hard.

I knew I shouldn't have spent all my time drawing and writing. I should've been practicing for this fest, though I don't think it would've made much of a difference. I probably would've still went on a massive losing streak. Though I did find a few good teams on both sides.XD

Also, mini rant....

SPLATFEST IS NOT THE TIME TO SQUID PARTY! I had teammates who thought it would be a good idea to start flopping around and nearly cost us the match or made us lose! Seriously, take that into normal Turf War NOT SPLATFEST.... OR RANKED! I had quite a few matches where my teammates lagged out... just... -sigh-. And there was one match where it was myself and another person on our team who were active. The other two were there but never left spawn. Please, if you're gonna join a game, BE THERE WHEN IT STARTS.

This has been one of the more annoying Splatfests...

Last edited:

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64

The matches have been very close. Even one match among the same team resulted in a .1% victory on our end.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The matches have been very close. Even one match among the same team resulted in a .1% victory on our end.
One of my Kelp Dome matches ended with us losing by 0.1% on team Marie. We'd have lost by more if I hadn't pranced my way onto the wire mesh and unloaded a Heavy Splatling round all over like a sprinkler system. (I then decided to avoid the Heavy for the rest of the event)

As an update though:

Alright I hit Marie King, which in hindsight sounds oddly like a certain Ashley Olsen's pretentious sister's nickname. My last battle had a vanilla splattershot on the opposing side disconnect halfway through but I don't care, considering one of our teammates disconnected at the very beginning on spawn a few rounds earlier. It didn't even look like the splattershot ACTUALLY disconnected, they probably ragequit based on their 0-3 score and the fact that I was moments away from flanking them into a gross green pile.

20160722_164457-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom