• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
One of my Kelp Dome matches ended with us losing by 0.1% on team Marie. We'd have lost by more if I hadn't pranced my way onto the wire mesh and unloaded a Heavy Splatling round all over like a sprinkler system. (I then decided to avoid the Heavy for the rest of the event)

As an update though:

Alright I hit Marie King, which in hindsight sounds oddly like a certain Ashley Olsen's pretentious sister's nickname. My last battle had a vanilla splattershot on the opposing side disconnect halfway through but I don't care, considering one of our teammates disconnected at the very beginning on spawn a few rounds earlier. It didn't even look like the splattershot ACTUALLY disconnected, they probably ragequit based on their 0-3 score and the fact that I was moments away from flanking them into a gross green pile.

View attachment 3848
King, eh. I'm on Champion currently. This may be one of the closest if not closest splatfest matchup to date; popularity on both sides mirrors on both sides,and no team seems to be completely held back by younger, less experienced players.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Team Marie here. Not enough information to say which I think might be more popular or stronger. Only had a small start tonight - I've been playing Twilight Princess intensively so didn't even realise how early this 'fest started and had a short session an hour ago to warm up for a big run to royalty tomorrow. I started out with my long-time de facto main, the Tri-Slosher, but I've been thinking of switching to the Sloshing Machine Neo before the end of my climb.

First game, Kelp, my team was three Level 50s and a Level 25 against four players in the 30s~40s. I was surprised to see that the opposing team had an overall ranking 30 points above ours; in spite of that, we won reasonably convincingly. Second game, Walleye, however, we got squished, primarily by a Zink who went 8/0. I tried to help pull it back by sneaking around them a couple of times, but they had two players who kept spamming Point Sensors - an admirable strategy.

Third game didn't happen because the lobby timed out with only one person other than myself in it. Still, those two games got me to Fiend, so, like, nice.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
After winning 10 times and losing all the rest, i finally reached king (granted that was an hour ago). Boy did i ever suck today XD but one thing was made abundantly clear today. I suck at turf war.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
SPLATFEST IS NOT THE TIME TO SQUID PARTY! I had teammates who thought it would be a good idea to start flopping around and nearly cost us the match or made us lose! Seriously, take that into normal Turf War NOT SPLATFEST.... OR RANKED! I had quite a few matches where my teammates lagged out... just... -sigh- And there was one match where it was myself and another person on our team who was active. The other two where there but never left spawn. Please, if you're gonna join a game, BE THERE WHEN IT STARTS.
I HAD PEOPLE DO THIS TO ME TOO it's so annoying. Apparently it's also the other team trying to sabatoge with alts too from what I heard. That's really ridiculous.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I HAD PEOPLE DO THIS TO ME TOO it's so annoying. Apparently it's also the other team trying to sabatoge with alts too from what I heard. That's really ridiculous.
Splatfest is srs bsns. During this time, everyone plays for keeps. Do what you can to ensure victory and max snails and since this is the last one... well.... you can imagine everyone will do anything they can to win.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Apparently it's also the other team trying to sabatoge with alts too from what I heard. That's really ridiculous.
...they what. They're actually doing this. Jeez...

I'll admit. Back during the Burgers v. Pizzas Splatfest I'd actually considered doing so, out of sheer frustration with Team Pizza's incompetence and some twisted desire to win at all costs. Instead I opted for the more acceptable (but no less insane) option of sticking with my team and losing my way to royalty. Seems these guys must've seen my Miiverse post before I took it down and acted on it. Hwæt a scamu...

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
After winning 10 times and losing all the rest, i finally reached king (granted that was an hour ago). Boy did i ever suck today XD but one thing was made abundantly clear today. I suck at turf war.
I know the feels. Sometimes you feel your on fire going ham and splatting enemies left and right but you end up losing at the end because you ignored turf to ink. As well vice versa you feel youve been dominated and killed many times but you end up winning because you focused on inking lol.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I know the feels. Sometimes you feel your on fire going ham and splatting enemies left and right but you end up losing at the end because you ignored turf to ink. As well vice versa you feel youve been dominated and killed many times but you end up winning because you focused on inking lol.
Basically my experience.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I played four whole games, and I'm already tired of it. . . I'll just go back to Overwatch. Sucks this is the final splatfest and blah blah blah, but if it's as unplayable as the previous splatfest, I couldn't care less. And it's seeming like that's the case. Can't help but feel like I've been paired with a bunch of inept 7 year olds and the Marie's get 4 people that at least know what they're doing. I hardly play Splatoon anymore as it is, so, oh well.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Even though it can be a grind I'm kinda sad to see em go. I think they were too short and too frequent. If theyd have had longer splatfests less frequently theyd haprobably still hold a lot of novelty and have higher rates of participation. I maxed my account in abt 3 hours. My son and I maxed his in abt 4.

I was team marie and rocked out with the dawn patrol rising early to get it busted out before my boy awoke.

He prefers team callie. He's a little kid so it makes sense.

Lots of diversity in weapons. I mostly rocked the slosher. Sometimes I was the merciless God of my universe and would go 14-1 and my team would cover everything. Sometimes I'd have a go game and go 5-0, ink over 1k pixels and lose 72-20. Sometimes Id go 3-5 and ink 800 and we'd blow them away. NO rhyme or reason

Im guessing callie is more popular. I had 4 callie vs callie matches. Oddly I saw people in the plaza complaining of marie vs marie matches

Lots of lag for a couple hrs this evening. Looked like glitches in the matrix.

Anyhow. Its fun. Ill have my snails now tho. Dem snails.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
Didn't get to play for the first 20 hours of the splatfest. once I get to Marie King, I'm going back to playing tropical freeze.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Status update: Things got much harder this late at night. I guess all the good Marie players had gone to sleep and the good Callie players are up now? Still, I did get some wins in. Will finish this tomorrow.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I'm not 100% sure about if this is when it starts, but I recommend you guys play during the final 24 hours. Just noticed something interesting in the Japanese one, but I won't spoil it.

Nothing major, but it's kind of neat.
I'm going to miss Splatfest :'(

Last edited:

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Been an okay Splatfest. I'm sitting about 50-50 w/l so far. The most notable thing I've had happen is I fought a team, went and changed my weapon, and fought the same team again.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm not 100% sure about if this is when it starts, but I recommend you guys play during the final 24 hours. Just noticed something interesting in the Japanese one, but I won't spoil it.

Nothing major, but it's kind of neat.
I'm going to miss Splatfest :'(
Yeah, nothing says "This is it, squids!" like Calamari MOFFIN' Inkantation at the 2-minutes-left mark.

I'm going to miss Splatfest too, even if I feel like otherwise.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I don't remember, are the results of EU/NA and Japan together or separated? Because if they're together, what we're experiencing in terms of matches might not even matter.

Anyways, most of my matches have been alright. I had to take a break for a few hours because it was just too hot to play. My main (Marie, S) has been winning probably 60% of matches, while my alt (Callie, A+) has been winning maybe 90%. About half my matches on my main have been mirror matches, and I've experienced one mirror match on my alt. Still having a great time overall.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A few hours and one utter domination later, I'm currently sitting at 1546 Splatfest power. Moving up through the ranks is such a pain, but it's something I must get used to if I'm to be among the best.

I should be up early enough tomorrow, maybe I'll get to see what this "surprise" is soon enough. Until I notice it I'm going to bow out of this thread for a while.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
I'm done for the day. Nearly hit champion with no dramas but now I'm getting DC'd left and right.

Egg Queen

Full Squid
idk if this is important or not buuuuut- I'd like to share that while I was playing yesterday (1pm-2pm central time), I had 5 matches that were Marie vs Marie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom