• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Question: is it bad that I've realized I hate Turf War or am I just a terrible person? Wait, I already know the answer, at least the latter part of the question.

idk if this is important or not buuuuut- I'd like to share that while I was playing yesterday (1pm-2pm central time), I had 5 matches that were Marie vs Marie.
What the heck. That hasn't happened to me at all and I've been playing for several hours straight. I thought the game was over shenanigans like that.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hey, just thought I'd drop by here to randomly mention that the music in matches changed to the final boss theme about half an hour ago.
Yep. Thought I was playing against hackers and started changing lobbies. Then it dawned on me that this was legit. lol

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Hey, just thought I'd drop by here to randomly mention that the music in matches changed to the final boss theme about half an hour ago.
WHAT
W H AT

WHAT

BRB GETTING OUT OF BED AND GETTING ON THAT RIGHT NOW

GleamEyes

Inkling
NNID
gleameyes23
First I forgot about the Splatfest until late last night. Then I was getting my butt kicked after a couple of victories. One match had me alone against a squad of four. Has this happened to anyone!? Because this was the first time for me and I was freaking out!

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I'm not 100% sure about if this is when it starts, but I recommend you guys play during the final 24 hours. Just noticed something interesting in the Japanese one, but I won't spoil it.

Nothing major, but it's kind of neat.
I'm going to miss Splatfest :'(
Music?

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
idk if this is important or not buuuuut- I'd like to share that while I was playing yesterday (1pm-2pm central time), I had 5 matches that were Marie vs Marie.
I had the same when playing with my son for team callie

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Of course I find out about this "final" Splatfest this morning... Was I too late or is it still going?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Recently had a match just now where the main music didn't load at all. But the "one minute left" track did. It was quite weird. o_0

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Recently had a match just now where the main music didn't load at all. But the "one minute left" track did. It was quite weird. o_0
In the match I was in, calamari inknation started playing and I was like "what". One minute left still played but idk.
EDIT: i'm seeing more people are noticing this too / it changed a few hours ago and i am wondering it's playing the "final boss" music for the "final festival"

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Splatfest update: Yeah, I'm starting to think all the great Marie players are more active in the daytime. Once again, out of the matches I played to get halfway to King I only lost one because the other team once again broke our faces in. Looking forward to finishing that other half!

Also, some bad news for Team Marie: I found out that Dynamon chose Team Callie and last I checked he was over 3000 SP. Let's just pray for a miracle now...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Okay! Got to royalty with a reasonable win rate - started at 1600 and ended at something like 1570, which is better than I recall the previous 'fests being. There were some horrible games and there were some awesome, tightly-contested battles, and overall, I do feel like I enjoyed this final event quite a bit.

Played up to Champion with the Tri-Slosher and then got up that rank with the Sloshing Machine Neo. Couldn't notice too much difference in success between weapons; both were fun.

Had a couple of disconnects but, like, just a couple. I encountered one or two lagging monstrosities but they were the exception rather than the rule. As a ~1600 Marie player, I had a handful of mirror matches.

Fun event! I might just get to Fiend on my alts later on, but otherwise, I'm done with it. I think it's finishing on a good note.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I had an amazing night last night! Well, on my alt anyways. I was about halfway through Callie Champion when I found an amazing team! We all knew what to do and where to be, our synergy was so good! And whenever we got a full wipe, or one of us saved the other, we'd booyah every time! It was the best team I've ever had for a Splatfest. We had a Kelp Splatterscope (me), an N-Zap 89, a .52 gal, and a Wasabi Splattershot. I was having so much fun, I stuck with them long after reaching Callie Queen. We stuck together for 30-ish matches and only lost 4 or 5. I even ended up passing my main (until this morning), which was at 1659 at the time and I got to 1661. How perfect that I got such a great team on the final Splatfest! I also sniped someone through an inkstrike for the first time, which was pretty cool, along with a bunch of splats I didn't think I was going to hit. I guess I was having so much fun that my concentration skyrocketed.

I still have to reach Marie Queen on my main (I'm like 2 games away), and I'm going to keep playing until the end. Unfortunately, the flash drive my main save is stuck on heats up after a while and I get punted from the game after 5 or so matches, so I can't stay with a team for long.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CrazyGadget466
Maybe I should have stayed on the grind BEFORE the Callies got gud. I'm losing all the power I got just yesterday!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Some good news, some bad news. I managed to break into the 1600 power bracket for the first time, only to get kicked back down to the 1500s right after. Team Marie's last-minute beatdown strategy seems to be faltering; hopefully they'll have shaped up by the time I get back on in a little while.

On a side note, it took me a while to realize that the music changed at first. It's quite fitting, as it makes the matches even more intense. You get a sense that the stakes are higher, the endgame is nigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom