• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Nintendo fan art thread (and chat room owo)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Not much. Making a new Splatoon fan art but this time on paper, just experimenting with a really bright neon orange color XD
Hope it goes well! EDIT: well then XD
Hey, do you have tips on adding creases and such to clothes? I have no idea how to add them to clothes

I'm actually in a WIP as well! I decided to make my own Agent 3, who is mute due to a sniping accident. (She was playing with her older brother and some of his friends when one of them accidentally sniped her in her throat. Crushed her vocal cords) Its just a sketch for now, but once I get her design right I'm going to make a group photo with her and a bunch of Octolings. (She's cool peoples with just about all of them)

Last edited:

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Hope it goes well! EDIT: well then XD
Hey, do you have tips on adding creases and such to clothes? I have no idea how to add them to clothes

I'm actually in a WIP as well! I decided to make my own Agent 3, who is mute due to a sniping accident. (She was playing with her older brother and some of his friends when one of them accidentally sniped her in her throat. Crushed her vocal cords) Its just a sketch for now, but once I get her design right I'm going to make a group photo with her and a bunch of Octolings. (She's cool peoples with just about all of them)
Sounds awesome! The creases in the clothing is really hard to explain...I guess add some in the middle of the shirt, and add a little swoop at the bottom and the edges of the sleeves if the clothing is loose.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Awesome! Is that a Dynamo I spy?

@Quibblingsun86 Sorry for being late, I had to do my hair (RIP me, I have no idea how to do my hair outside of ponytails/buns)

I have my squad of Octolings, and I have no idea what weapons to assign them or what gear to use. Here's a list.

Ringo: Tri-Slosher With Camo Mesh, Gray Sweat, and shoes which I honestly forgot. He has gear of a Squidboards Member, I think it's @Cuttleshock 's.
Tako: Carbon Roller(?) or Octobrush, which would have the Traditional Headband.
Octavia: Soda Slosher with White Arrowbands and Blue Peaks Tee (There was a variant, but I forgot what)
Pan: Permanent Inkbrush
Mimi: Luna Blaster Neo(considering switching her to the Vanilla version or something)
Quill: Something with Bomb Rush, preferably Splat Bomb Rush

I also have Agents 3 and 4, which I really haven't developed much besides giving Agent 3 a scar with a backstory, making Agent 3 and 4 best friends from Calimari County, and making Agent 4 the Cinnamon Troll

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Sounds cool, zapfish! Can't wait to see it!

@G1ng3rGar1 (I personally know nothing about doing hair, but it's fine.)

As for your squad of octos, here are my thoughts:

Ringo: sounds fine! I really think it'll turn out well!

Tako: for the weapon, choose whichever one fits their personality! And for the outfit, I would think to go with the whole traditional outfit, not just the headband.

Octavia: weapon sounds good to me, and the shirt and glasses are good too. For the shoes, I would go with white arrows.

Pan: keep the brush. As for clothes, I would give them the pilot goggles, part time pirate, and the moto/biker boots.

Mimi: changing to the vanilla is up to you. I don't really know much about the Luna. For the gear I would suggest the jet cap, forge octarian jacket, and the squid stitch slip ons(or something like that)

Quill: for a weapon including splat bomb rush, I would go with the splatterscope. If not, (I know it's not splat bombs, but...) then I would say the refurbished mini splatling. Sorry to run out on you, but I got nothing for gear left. Srry bout that...

Side note: yes, that is a dynamo you see. Tempered, to be specific!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Sounds cool, zapfish! Can't wait to see it!

@G1ng3rGar1 (I personally know nothing about doing hair, but it's fine.)

As for your squad of octos, here are my thoughts:

Ringo: sounds fine! I really think it'll turn out well!

Tako: for the weapon, choose whichever one fits their personality! And for the outfit, I would think to go with the whole traditional outfit, not just the headband.

Octavia: weapon sounds good to me, and the shirt and glasses are good too. For the shoes, I would go with white arrows.

Pan: keep the brush. As for clothes, I would give them the pilot goggles, part time pirate, and the moto/biker boots.

Mimi: changing to the vanilla is up to you. I don't really know much about the Luna. For the gear I would suggest the jet cap, forge octarian jacket, and the squid stitch slip ons(or something like that)

Quill: for a weapon including splat bomb rush, I would go with the splatterscope. If not, (I know it's not splat bombs, but...) then I would say the refurbished mini splatling. Sorry to run out on you, but I got nothing for gear left. Srry bout that...

Side note: yes, that is a dynamo you see. Tempered, to be specific!
Hoooraaaaayyyyyy I'm even more of a Night Owl! XD Went to sleep 12-1ish and woke up 11ish.
(*le sigh* I'm going to have to learn...)

Ringo: Okay, thanks! I was thinking about him sporting a Dynamo or a Splatling instead 'cause Octavia has a Slosher too. ...But I really want him to have a weapon with Disruptor, mostly because he's a Blue Ringed-Octoling
Tako: She's a timid ISFJ-T who would want a fast splatting weapon. I can see her hiding in the ink a lot, as a Carbon would do. I originally tagged her with the Octo, but then I gave Pan the Permanent, so I decided to change. I don't really want anyone having the same weapon class. I also gave her the Traditional Headband with Comeback 'cause she doesn't want to be a burden to her team when she's respawning.
Octavia: Okay, thanks! I really need to start drawing them with shoes (I usually do busts or waist up)
Pan: Alrighty. I really need to start drawing these guys.
Mimi: I don't know that much, either. XD I think I will switch her to the Vanilla, or something with Ink Mines. But the Vanilla Luna has Inkzooka, right? It's going to lead to a lot of Inkzookas. I really want them to be unique in weapons and specials. Wait, what's the Jet Cap?
Quill: Actually, maybe! I don't have a sniper on the team. And that's fine :) I do know I need to outfit her with some damage up and either Special Duration Up or Special Charge Up. She loves dancing around the stage with her Splat Bomb Rush.

Shooter/Blaster: Mimi
Roller/Brush: Tako, Pan
Charger: Quill
Slosher: Ringo, Octavia
Splatling: :(

I'll start learning how to draw the weapons...

Oh yeah, Agents 3 and 4 are not part of the Octo Squad(They'll definitely appear in the blog) but have their own Twin Squad that I have no name for at the moment. Agent 4 is probably going to use a Splatling, and Agent 3, something short ranged.

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Sounds cool! Can't wait to see 'em!
When the blog is finished, you should post a link!
Also, the jet cap looks like this:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
@Quibblingsun86 Ah, okay. I thought I knew what it was, I just forgot.
Is that your Inkling? If so, she looks nice :)
And you bet I'm going to put a link in here. I'm going to promo it everywhere XD
Hey(I'm too lazy to look it up but) does one of the Mini Splatlings have Disruptor?

*eats poptart at like 1 PM*

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Nah, that not my inkling. Mine looks a lot different.

The zink mini splatling has disruptors.:)

Yayz, links will be everywhere!

(It's 1 pm over there?! It's like 9 am over here!)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Aw man XD I bet yours look nice too
Oh good, I thought that was right! The special is Bubbler, right?
EDIT: Just looked at it for myself, it does have Bubbler.
*Looks at Version History* DUUUUUUUDEE
Yus
I will be a shameless promoter in my siggy
(Yep, It's 1:03. I live in EST, so you're like 4 hours behind me?)
(Also, the poptarts is my breakfast .-.)

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Aw thank you!

Shameless promotors for the win!
(I think that's right!)
((Toast was my breakfest!))

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
You're welcome! (Need to spread that PK Positivity! *hopes I don't get sued*)

*pumps fist* NOOOOO SHAAAAMEEEE

(I know California and stuff is 3 hours behind, so you must be in like Alaska or Hawaii or something. Cool!)
((Did it at least have jelly or something? And is your aunt okay?))

Let's pretend this is all on topic. I'll get some Splatoon art out soon

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
So will I. Gonna shovel out some more art soon.

(It had butter on it!)
((She's in recovery, and we're going to go see her soon. Aka, she's gonna be fine))

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay I should actually go to the laptop that I can draw on (this one can't update any higher than I think Lion, it's at 10.7.5 .-.)
(aw, that's plain)
((yay! ^^ I'm glad))
(((I think my MacBook died or overheated on me…back to my phone!)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom