• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[North America] NEW SPLATFEST: Team Past Travel vs. Team Future Travel!

Team Past or Team Future?

• Travel to the past

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Travel to the future

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Undecided/screw Splatfests I'm salty

Votes: 17 15.9%

• Total voters

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I really, really, really want to be Team Future because I love Sci-Fi and Big Hero 6 and Dystopian books and all things future but it's looking like it's the most popular :(:( So I might have to be Team Past if I want to win. I do suppose Steampunk is awesome. Who thought x6 Wins was a good thing, anyway?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I really, really, really want to be Team Future because I love Sci-Fi and Big Hero 6 and Dystopian books and all things future but it's looking like it's the most popular :(:( So I might have to be Team Past if I want to win. I do suppose Steampunk is awesome. Who thought x6 Wins was a good thing, anyway?
You know what, I think Steampunk is pretty cool too!

Ultimately, I'm gonna go with the Past as well. Gotta show those whippersnappers how we did it in ye goode ole days!

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Traveling to the past:

No internet or video games
Have to churn butter for fun
No Splatoon or Netflix
Tobacco was hallucinagenic, Coca Cola had cocaine in it, and laudinum (half opium, half liquor painkiller) was in every drugstore.

On second thought, you didn't need videogames back then. You just needed a Coke and a chronic back ache.

Traveling to the future:

Google Fiber will have coverage in all the contiguous US.
Space Travel
My student loans will be paid off by then, maybe
Living in a world that is like Bladerunner, Star Trek, or Futurama

Decisions, decisions...

No-Intro-Needed

Inkling
NNID
SuperMario28
I'd choose Team Future but part of me says more people are going to vote for Team Future which means Team Past is going to win more. I bet history is going to repeat itself and Team Callie is going to win yet another Splatfest and Marie is just gonna remain salty about it. I mean, Marie needs to stop picking the more popular team (she might not have a choice, it might be that the member of the Squid Research Lab who chooses the Splatfests just hates Marie and gives her the teams that are going to be more popular that they'll lose on purpose) and eventually realize she's not going to win if she picks the more popular team. Seriously, I want to go with the team I want to play for, but the two times I've trusted Marie (Team Plane/Team Nice), I've lost. But the times I've chose the opposite team of what I'd prefer (Team Roller Coaster/Team Burger), I've won.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Past solely for that Dinosaur on the shirt, omg its too derpy I love it.
Though now that I think about it, I'm not Cisgender so I'd get clubbed or something if I went into the past. At least I might get some rights in the future. OK this is gonna be a "join the less popular team cause I can't decide and want sea snails" kind of splatfest.
*sits in my LGBT+ splatoon players circle before anyone flames me*

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey now, go back far enough in time and there won't be anybody to care.

Of course, go too far back in time and you wouldn't be able to breathe... although that holds true for the future as well.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Hey now, go back far enough in time and there won't be anybody to care.

Of course, go too far back in time and you wouldn't be able to breathe... although that holds true for the future as well.
I just quoted the wrong person and can't be bothered to erase it
Future team in all Honesty the future you're seeing is completely different to mine

The future will be like the past "history repeats itself" soon the oil we use to fuel cars will be gone and we will all be pushed to electric or nothing. Humans will probably destroy each other with mass weapons like atom, nuclear, hydrogen bombs. But the most likely Climate change humans constantly are hacking away at the layer protecting humans from extreme power of the sun, melting ice caps. Humans will not be alive in a million years time yet we are going backwards first our major technology like cars will go. Gas and heat will go followed by rights of living. The future is a nasty place to live in.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
There's purpose to us having international agreements among super powers not to make use of nuclear bombs, any country with the know ability to manufacturer nuclear arms also is well aware that they would screw everybody over, doesn't even take many of the most powerful bomb ever created to end the world, that bomb is one of the reasons why creation of nuclear bombs were stopped. Hence why we don't manufacturer them anymore.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm still not exactly sure which team I'm going with. I'm probably going to choose future as it'd be interesting to see how the world changes, and what new inventions are made, but the past would be pretty cool too, whether it's reliving old personal memories or witnessing past events. Hard choice here but I'm probably team future.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
There's purpose to us having international agreements among super powers not to make use of nuclear bombs, any country with the know ability to manufacturer nuclear arms also is well aware that they would screw everybody over, doesn't even take many of the most powerful bomb ever created to end the world, that bomb is one of the reasons why creation of nuclear bombs were stopped. Hence why we don't manufacturer them anymore.
I'd rather have nuclear than hydrogen....

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I don't know about when I'd like to travel to, but I'm really not big on dwelling on the past, so I'm going to pledge my support for Team Future.

Judging by my track record in Splatfests so far, that means that Team Future will be the more popular side and end up losing because Team Past has more wins, haha.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'd go Team Past. I'd like to watch my ancestors and travel through some eras.

*swings the Team Past flag from EU*

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Well truthfully I leave the past behind me good times and bad. The future I could care less for since I'm more concerned for RIGHT NOW. As for what side I'd join, I dunno.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Team past. I want to go back to the past just to be able to prove all of the scientific findings. Dinosaurs and other pre-historic animals, evolution, the earth's age. And a more controversial one, seeing whether or not Jesus christ was born and if he's the same man as described in the bible (just ignore that last part, i'd hate to bring religion into this :confused:).

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Being able to travel in the past would be like a giant UNDO button. Tripped and broke your leg? Go back to ten minutes ago and prevent that from happening. Lost your phone? Go back in time and make sure you find it.

Then again, the whole "travel back in time" is pretty unrealistic. People travel to the future all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom