1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

    Join us on Discord!

  3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

  4. Hi Guest,

    As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Octo Lab - IC Thread

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by Rustic, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    Hunter goes down to check on the inkling. if he had to he would steal a wheelchair or something to help this inkling out.

    [action examine inkling]

    ((OOC: i suspect something foul from Rustic))
     
  2. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Seeing the clothes on the ground, Lunasia had hope that there must be a weapon around. Yet the one thing obstructing her chances would be this... thing.

    "There must be something I could get... perhaps something in the clothes. It's gonna be foolish, but might as well try!"

    Lunasia began to slowly enter the hallway, hoping that the beast won't catch her.

    @Rustic
    [Action: shadow the beast.]
     
  3. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    Zale was winded from the running that he had done in order to escape that darn killer robot. Now that they were safe for the time being, it was time to catch their breath. The room had rows of aisles that contained certain things but he didn't know what. And there was still no sign of the voice that directed them to the room they fell from earlier. Looking at the broken Carbon Roller he was welding and looking at Selena's broken Dynamo, Zale figured that there maybe replacements around the room somewhere. Maybe then they could find the voice, and maybe some health kits for the others if he was lucky.

    [Action: Examine the Aisles for any useful materials.]
    @Rustic
     
  4. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Zerul
    Hunter quickly went down the ramp to the overlook, opening a door that he guessed led down to the room.

    He entered the room, although something felt off, very much so but he pressed on to the Inkling. Hunter knelt down and checked for a pulse, the young man was breathing and he was stable. But the many pumps from before, filled with who-knows-what must have been doing something to him. It would've meant certain death for someone to be infused with so many things.

    But then again, this wasn't a normal situation.

    The Octarian scientists here had clearly wanted this Inkling contained for whatever reason, the chemicals were for strange purposes that he didn't know. Were they there for keeping this Inkling sedated? Were they there for some insidious transformation? Whatever it was, he had put a stop to it for good or bad.

    In any case, it seemed he was fine.

    What next?

    @IcySetsuna
    Lunasia crept towards the pile of clothes, although upon closer inspection. She saw that it was actually a pile of armor, marked with all the identification of a security officer, slowly deflating as the wearer inside faded into the puddle of ink around it.

    Although she was lucky enough to see a weapon, but the problem was that it was in the puddle.

    Going into the puddle might risk the beast becoming aware of her, as it'd definitely hear her sloshing through the puddle. Not to mention if it caught her in the act, she'd be a sitting duck for it to attack.

    The creature heaved, falling down onto one knee as it balanced itself with one arm. That was when Lunasia had become aware of the fact that the beast was injured, the segmented plating on its chest was battered and rent to pieces in some places. Perhaps she could get away with the weapon and run off, as the creature was badly injured it seems.

    What now?

    @MacSmitty
    The containers that were carefully placed onto the shelves lining the aisles contained a variety of things that would've been useful if he was looking for stuff in a chemical lab, but all of this was worthless to him.

    Beakers, vials, even smaller containers filled with mysteriously opaque liquids and injectors. He walked away from it to another container, turning the handle and pulling back the opening. Zale rifled through its contents to find that it just contained various parts for robots.

    Before he gave up and closed the container, he heard glass breaking. Quickly, he turned around to see that Razor had shattered one of the containers holding the opaque liquid. Before Zale could stop him, he quickly dipped a finger into it and rubbed it thoughtfully with his thumb.

    "Feels like ink..." Thankfully, he didn't do anything else with the mysterious chemical and simply tossed the container, spilling its contents on the ground.

    That was odd, considering that they literally had no clue on what any of the stuff was. But at least it didn't kill him or anything, right?

    Right?


    What's next?

    Again, posts will be due September 8th, while the GM post will be up September 9th.
    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Ask OOPA... (Ask your OOPA whatever you want to ask, or even just do it for the heck of it. Can be used in conjunction with turn-ending actions.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
  5. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    "Hm...how to tackle the beast now... I could rush, grab, and run, but then..."
    Lunasia kept on thinking. If she could grab those items, she would be set. Her broken taser, unknown weapon, and armor. Yet again, she had a chance to be like that security guard.

    "Doesn't hurt if you try, if I am correct OOPA?" Once she said this, she began to run towards the equipment, which must be perhaps a choice that could cost her life.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Grab the security armor and unknown weapon.]
     
  6. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    Zerul notices the inkling was alive he picks him up carring him over his shoulder and goes back upstairs. he looked for a wheel chair or anything that could move a person easier. if he was going to help this inkling get out he needed to stay mobile.

    [action carry inkling upstairs and look for something to transport him with.
     
  7. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @IcySetsuna
    Lunasia jumped up and landed near the body, snatching up the security officer's gear off the the ground and dragging it all out of the puddle. Only problem was all the noise she had just made, which had gotten the beast's attention.

    The tentacles from its back twitched as it looked at her, not moving towards or doing anything else.

    She didn't take her eyes off of it, dragging the gear further away out of the puddle before she tried putting the gear on. It was ill-fitting and the body armor was cracked and broken across the back, the front was dented and worn, but still serviceable. If it weren't for the gun, she would've been in a very bad spot right now.

    Lunasia connected it to her OOPA, pulling the cord and attaching it to the gun.

    The creature didn't do anything else, although Lunasia could hear it breathing heavily behind its mechanical mask.

    What next?

    @Zerul
    Hunter picked up the Inkling, caught off guard by his surprising weight. He was heavy despite his lean appearance.

    But again, searching for a wheelchair yielded nothing for Hunter. There wasn't any aside from a cabin of some kind with the symbol of a tank with a red cross overlapping on top of it, and the cover refused to budge. Even after Hunter had placed the Inkling down onto the ground and tried with both hands to tear the cover off.

    He didn't want to risk shooting it, as it might damage the thing inside of it.

    As he turned around to look at the Inkling, he noticed that there was something missing. The Inkling was sitting where he was once unconscious on the ground, rubbing his head. Finally, he noticed Hunter was there.

    "Oh... don't tell me this is one of those tests again," He grimaced, standing up as if the grogginess of waking back up meant nothing.

    What now?
     
  8. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    GODDAMN DOUBLE POST CUZ SQUIDBOARDS WAS A SCRUB AND CRASHED.
     
  9. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    "Argh, it would not be worth it Luna, just get out!"
    Lunasia began to run away from the beast, hoping she would get far from it as possible. Yet she had no idea on where to go, but she would follow her instincts. Hopefully, she thought, it would be right.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Go to the next area]
     
  10. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    "Dude! Don't just touch the chemicals in this place!" Zale chided Razor.

    Zale was a bit paranoid about what the chemicals could do after learning what happened to those creatures or formerly Inklings that they faced. And he did not want to be responsible if Razor started to mutate into one of those creatures. Speaking of, what happened to the other creatures? That voice STILL wasn't around, and that orange girl that Razor and him saw was nowhere to be seen.

    "...But if you said it's like Ink, lets take a closer look." Zale commented looking for another container that held the chemical.
    @Rustic
    [Action: Examine Chemical]
     
  11. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    One Quick-Action remaining, Icy.
    @IcySetsuna
    As Lunasia ran away, she saw the creature turn around and start walking the other way, ignoring her.

    She ran around a corner, going through an intersection before she was forced to stop in front of a door. Nervously, she glanced behind her to see if the creature had turned around and followed her. It didn't. Although the door didn't automatically open, Lunasia noticed the touchpad beside it and pressed it, opening the door.

    What she saw beyond it wasn't pretty.

    There were signs of a large fight scattered around the massive room, it seemed scientist and security guard alike had died there, judging by the torn garments inside of the fuchsia puddles, eviscerated by something. There were even robots with similar damage.

    What now?

    @MacSmitty
    Zale walked beside Razor, looking inside the crate he had looked inside previously to find another container that contained the chemical.

    He picked the container up and looked at its contents, holding the container up to the light. Zale didn't want to risk touching the liquid inside as he didn't want to risk it. Since it was... y'know, a random chemical inside of a laboratory.

    Which was why he didn't touch it at all, although he did notice a slot on the cap of the container. Although he didn't know what it was for, but perhaps it was supposed to be used in conjunction with something. He looked inside the crate again, and he found more of those injectors alongside them.

    Zale looked at the chemical again, noting it became slightly reddish now. He twisted open the cap and looked at the liquid swishing inside, although he wasn't willing to touch it because of his previous concerns.

    Now he saw that it wasn't just red, it was glowing red. If it was like ink, then maybe...

    Maybe dropping an ink drop or two into it might do something.

    But is that a wise decision?
     
    #171 Rustic, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Yin_ likes this.
  12. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye swept the area beyond the hatch the stairs led to with her Splattling, thankful they were now in an area with normal gravity. She obviously didn't recognize where they were, and looked at her OOPA. "Where are we?" she asked.

    @Rustic: [Action - Ask OOPA about their location.]
     
  13. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    "Whoah." Lunasia was gazing upon the remains of battle that occurred in front of her. With a greedy smile along with a laugh, she decides to loot the robots and the puddles of ink, hoping to find useful items.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Examine the robots and ink puddles]
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  14. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @IcySetsuna
    Upon closer inspection of the robots, the damage to them became more apparent than a few precision hits to bring them down.

    In fact, there wasn't any precision taken against them judging by the gashes made in their plating and the removal of limbs. She noted that one of the robots was ornately designed and on the ground near it was its arm, still clutching a handle of some kind. It was shattered to pieces, as if something had deliberately taken the effort to breaking it into uselessness.

    Most of the weapons were similarly destroyed. As she looked over the broken weapons, any idea of retrieving them for parts was rendered useless by the extent of their damage, dashing her hopes of getting another weapon.

    Even the contents of the puddles were torn to inky scraps, shredded by what seemed like claws. But it seemed too small?
    They definitely didn't belong to the beast she had seen earlier. No, these belonged to something else entirely, but one thing couldn't have caused this damage by itself.

    What made it stranger was that there were definitely signs of a last struggle, but there was nothing remaining other than flecks of light green ink and shreds of clothing and broken armor that seemed to have been discarded. Perhaps they were left behind or removed during the fighting?

    What next?
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  15. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    Zale merely stared at the chemical for a brief moment after watching it change colors. Maybe what Razor said was true. But Zale wasn't gonna use that thing without any guarantee that it wouldn't have any harmful lasting effects. Deciding to pocket the container containing the chemical inside his pocket, he headed to the exit of the room... before collapsing and falling on his bottom.

    "Man... I'm exhausted and hungry..." Zale commented, with his hair blocking his eyes.
    @Rustic
    [Action: Rest(?)/ Talk to others.]
    (Just for the record, I really don't know what to put as an action.)
     
  16. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Lunasia was surprised. Something, no, someone did all of this. But what intrigued her more was how much this thing was a threat. Now then, where did that thing go? There needs to be an exit of some sort...

    @Rustic
    [Action: Examine the massive room]
     
  17. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura continued to think about their present situation. I've got to tell Raye somehow! But… How will I without possibly disturbing our…current position? She was puzzled about how to handle their even more precarious situation and continue to escape.

    As she emerged from the tunnel, Laura looked around her new surroundings. Though she tried to keep an eye on their potentially dangerous captive as much as possible.

    @Rustic [Examine: Hallway]
     
  18. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Devack
    She obviously didn't recognize where they were, and looked at her OOPA. "Where are we?" she asked.

    "It... seems we are inside of hallway R/D-4, and judging by the hue of the doorway's light to our right. It is locked, a curious thing," the OOPA pondered.

    "Why would that be curious?" Raye asked.

    "Subjects such as yourself are classified as Class-E, that is not Classy in case you're wondering," the OOPA quickly added as to prevent any misunderstanding. "However, with the creature's release, her threat could easily raise our danger level to Class-H."

    "I take it that's a bad thing."

    "Yes, as that usually indicates that unarmed staff are quickly evacuated out of the quadrant, resulting in a significant increase in armed personnel and Enforcer-Bots," it said.

    "So, where does this hallway lead?"

    "My maps are currently outdated by two years," it admitted, the thing sounded a little sad, "but I believe it may lead to this quadrant's cafeteria."

    "Is there any way you can get your maps updated?"

    "Accessing a terminal or visiting a CaST can provide a more recent map."

    "The nearest terminal would be down the hallway to our left, however, there should be three behind the door to our right. But we can't open it," the OOPA added.

    "Hmm." Raye said to herself. "Then I guess we'd better head to the terminal down the hall and get your maps updated."

    As Raye walked down to the terminal, she noted that there wasn't anyone there, which was surprising considering what the OOPA had previously mentioned. Although if Raye listened carefully, she could barely discern panicked shouts and gunfire. She would've thought it odd, but then considering the creature's previous ferocity she probably was already rampaging elsewhere in the lab.

    She stepped over a light green puddle and nearly tripped over it, the liquid had stuck to her shoes and seemingly refused to let go. Right above her, the sounds of something scraping against metal rushed off in the vent above her.

    "Oh my..." Her OOPA said, having noticed it too as she moved away from the vent to the terminal. For now, she ignored the source of the sound above her. Whatever it was, it seemingly left. She picked up her OOPA and, after a moment of examining it, Raye took a cord from the bottom of it and connected it to a slot on the terminal.

    On the screen, a map of the quadrant showed itself to her. The OOPA's doing, obviously. Raye fiddled around with it for a moment, trying to discern what she saw on the screen. She got it to work and tapped on where she supposedly was, finding that she and Laura were on the northern end of an atrium of some kind, red and blanked out.

    To her north at the end of the hallway seemed to be two larger rooms, although one was significantly smaller than the other, branching off into three other paths from it. The room beside it was massive, almost directly connected to the smaller one.

    The locations that she guessed she came from were blanked out and red, marked with a caution symbol.

    What now?

    One Quick-Action remaining.
    @MacSmitty
    "Man... I'm exhausted and hungry..." Zale commented, with his hair blocking his eyes.

    "Get used to it, Pinkie, I think we're not going to leave for a while," Razor replied, not even giving him a look as he examined the chemical on his own once again.

    Selena had felt his sentiments more keenly after she put her back against a crate, slowly sliding downward onto the ground, "ugh, that... hurt," she winced.

    Upon hearing Selena voice her pains, without raising his head, Zale asks, "How are the rest of you holding up..." while slowly getting back up on his feet.

    "Well that's nice to know..." Zale breathed out.
    Turning to his OOPA, he asks, "Is there a map of the general area you can tell us OOPA?"

    After a moment's delay, the OOPA simply shook its eye from side to side, "no, I'm afraid I don't possess a map as of yet. However, if you can find a distinguishing feature near us, I may be able to ascertain our current location with some light guesswork."

    "Like what?" Zale asked. Aside from giving advice and being a more efficient inktank , Zale didn't know what his OOPA could do. Maybe it had a cord that could hook up to devices?

    "A terminal or a significant landmark would suffice. If you can find a CaST, that will be more than helpful," it replied.

    "A CaST... Uh, I don't know what those look like. But finding a terminal shouldn't be that hard." Zale replied. Now that they had a lead, they were getting somewhere.

    Zale's OOPA didn't respond, silently staring at him as if it was waiting for his next move. Although the storage area he was in was quiet, aside from the silent chatter between the two brothers and Razor's examination of the containers and the fluid within.

    He turned around to see that Razor had stuffed two things into his pockets, and the other three had seemingly recovered to an extent. In the background, he swore he could hear an animalistic roar, savage and loud, echoing from who knows where. The others had heard it too and the hopeful mood of escape had darkened.

    Whatever was beyond the door definitely didn't sound like any of the creatures, and that was a scary thought if there was something else loose in the lab. While there was a chance it could try to offer peace like previously.

    That wasn't a chance he wanted to take again.

    Now what?

    @IcySetsuna
    The room itself wasn't in the best shape in terms of it being clean, in fact, it was messy with all the signs of a desperate fight. She carefully stepped over puddles of ink, avoiding them as best she could while keeping an eye out for whatever was left.

    Occasionally, she saw a robot move here and there, likely struggling to get up. But they were incapable of doing anything.

    She found two entrances, one of which was damaged heavily and locked, while the other one was banged up, but serviceable and able to be opened. There was also a busted vent, crudely torn open with claw marks running into it.

    What next?

    @Ikaheishi
    Laura carefully looked over the doorway. It seemed to be locked, as it didn't respond to her presence and stayed dutifully closed when she approached, pushing Archer in front of her to ensure he didn't rush off, quietly complying with her.

    She kept him within eyesight as she examined around her, the hallway had resembled the last one she had been in. Cold, white walls, and black flooring. Same as before, but there were patterns on the wall, similar to the ones that that dark green girl had translated or something.

    Laura gestured to her OOPA to read them, and it did, relaying the information of their whereabouts. Apparently being in a part of the lab called 'R/D-4'. She saw Raye on a terminal, probably trying to figure out the same information as she was.

    What now?
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  19. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    Upon hearing the animalistic roar, whatever energy that Zale had lost had immediately came back to him in a rush of hormones giving him the fight or flight response. With his heartbeat speeding up, Zale did what he did best and began to think on instinct on what he could do. Quickly turning to everyone else, he whispers, "Hide!" before immediately rushing to find a hiding spot.
    @Rustic
    [Action: Hide from the source of the noise.]
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  20. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    "Well, I guess that is where I will go then Luna."
    Lunasia began to slip into the vents, hoping to find whatever escaped.
    If they were this strong, then it would be good to partner up with them I suppose. Yet... why did this thing do this to all of them? Was it because they lost their mind? Or was it a desperate struggle to survive?

    @Rustic
    [Action: Go to the vents]
     
    Yin_ likes this.

Share This Page

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

We know you don't like ads
Why not buy Premium?