1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

    Join us on Discord!

  3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

  4. Hi Guest,

    As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Octo Lab - IC Thread

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by Rustic, Apr 27, 2017.

  1. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    Hunter grones. "Why is this place so confusing." He goes left and heads that way.

    [head to the left]
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  2. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    With no lead to go on, Zale had no choice but to head into that stairway that the voice supposedly told them to go. He decided to head down the stairway with others hoping that the voice was there, and that it was safe from that robot chasing them.

    "Hope you all are ready for whatever comes up." Zale told the group. They were injured, Selena's weapon was ineffective until they could steal another one, and they lost the others. Things weren't looking good for them, or the creatures that they, or in Zale's, Thomas's,Carl's, and Razor's case unofficially made an alliance to.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Head into the stairway.]
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  3. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye heard the clatter of whatever it was that hit the walkway. Looking around, and moving her splattling slowly due to the increased gravity. Soon, she found the source, someone hanging on the edge of the walkway. Running over, she extended her hand to help him up.

    @Rustic: [Action - Help the person onto the walkway.]
     
  4. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Ikaheishi @Devack
    As Raye helped the soldier up onto the walkway. He quickly, and rudely, thanked her for helping him up. "At least someone has some common sense," the man muttered, looking up at the barrel of Laura's gun. He didn't seem to give much reaction to it, aside from a loud and drawn-out sigh.

    "Archer, the name's Archer," he answered, slowly reaching for the thing he threw onto the walkway, "as for your other question I was trying to crawl through the vent... and, well, y'know how it's like right now."

    What for?” Laura's voice carried a hint of her fear, despite the disguise of aggression.

    Archer facepalmed, mumbling something to himself as he looked back to her. "To leave this place. I'm tired of dodging robots and annoying kids like yourself."

    "We're also trying to get out of here." Raye said.

    Laura was unsure what to make of that statement… She was skeptic about his supposed motives. She continued to point her attention, and her weapon at him.

    "Hmm... well, you two do look like you can be good bai--battlers." Archer said, looking over the two heavily armed Inklings in front of him, who also held him at gunpoint. "How'd you two even get out anyway?"

    Laura continued her stare without a word said. She didn't actually know how she, Raye, or anyone else got out of the arena, having awoken in the middle of a firefight.

    "Combat testing that was interrupted when the creatures we were supposed to be fighting decided to stage a breakout." Raye explained. "Seems the Octarians were interested in how we'd do against their science projects."

    "You... ****ing idiots," Archer slowly said, shaking his head, "alright, alright. Maybe this isn't all bad. This 'project' sounds intelligent, and it didn't kill either of you. So maybe, just maybe you and your friends didn't just unleash a horrible menace on the world."

    "To be fair, we did manage to kill one of them. The other two are probably still tearing up the area we left them in."

    "There are multiples?" Archer clasped his hands together in concern, slowly bringing them up to his helmeted face, "did any of them refer to each other in terms of gender or sex?"

    Yes, and yes.” Laura spoke up.

    "Three in total that I saw. One's dead."

    "Well... at least you killed one of a possibly self-sustaining colony of killing machines," Archer huffed.

    "I get the feeling you know more than you're letting on."

    Y-Yeah!” Laura quickly interjected.

    "I might know something..." He admitted, thoughtfully holding his chin. "Since I'm in no position to do anything right now, as I am at your mercy. What do you feel like asking?"

    Let's start with where are we exactly,” Laura demanded.

    "Maintenance shaft 24-B, in the Research and Development part of Sunburst Inkling."

    "I believe that voice is right," WOOPA chimed in.

    Alright… What were those creatures? And what are they here for?

    Archer shrugged, "a variety of things. Although they tend to target Inklings such as yourself, forming them into some weird creature and fitting all kinds of treatments and carp into them. As for what they're there for? I don't know."

    After kneeling for so long now, he shifted around to keep some feeling in his lower body. "What did these 'creatures' look like?"

    Big. Round. Armored,“ Laura responded, “More tentacles than anyone should have… Mechanical stuff too.
    She shuddered. “Scary, like something straight out of a horror show.

    "What did these tentacles look like?" He poked further.

    Uh…
    Laura was struggling to remember the creatures.

    "Pinkie, do you remember?"

    "Whiplike, and they could use them as additional arms if needed."

    Did they even have any arms?” Laura posed, not remembering anything but their size, roundness, and many tentacles.

    "They had legs. Seems like they used their tentacles as arms"

    "So... a quadruped creature, with many tentacles for arms, and partially cybernetic. Nice." He said, although he felt as though they could tell him more, he didn't want to push his luck.

    "Sounds like something that would've been used for sneaking assassination and abduction purposes." He remarked.

    Laura shuddered at the thought of being handled by one of the creatures.
    I don't think so, they were pretty conspicuous. Made quite a bit of noise.

    "Not to mention, the males have a bit of a temper. The females seemed more reasonable."

    Hunh?” Laura turned her head to look at Raye. “What do you mean?

    "The male we talked to was definitely aggressive. Even tried to attack us when we said that we had killed the other male. The female seemed to try to calm the male down and had a more peaceful attitude."

    What did you discuss with them?” Laura asked, having no memory of such an event.

    "Largely the possiblity of working together to escape. They were also looking for their daughter."

    Daughter?!
    Laura was shocked to hear it. “You mean there's an entire family here?!

    "Okay," Archer calmly began, "so you're telling me they have a family."

    Laura suddenly perked up and readjusted her aim. “Wait a sec… You're getting info out of us! What's your deal?!” Her skeptisim was strengthened with this realization.
    And her confusion.

    "I know a lot about this place, Blue, but I didn't know about these creatures." Archer flinched from the barrel being thrust into his face again.

    If that's the case, then what's your position here?” Laura demanded of him once again.

    "I'm a spy, here to siphon research and feed it back to my PMC. I don't work here," he answered.

    Laura's head tilted to her right. “Okay… So how did you even get here in the first place?

    "I jumped out of a fast-moving aircraft with a wingsuit," Archer replied, almost as if it was no big thing. "It was a bit hard not to land into this laboratory without being reduced to a purple smear across the ground. But it's not the hardest thing I've ever done."

    Laura let out a quick, gruff sigh. She had figured that her last question would give them key info on how to escape. But of course it wouldn't be that easy.
    Then how have you managed not to get caught?“ Laura asked of him, her skepticisim growing. ”This place has been all alarm bells and such as long as we've been out.

    "My armor," he replied, stretching his arms out to show the unusual looking gear, "I won't say the specifics but it allows me to hide from their sensors. Very useful, but it's really hard to take off when I need to pee."

    "Also, you told me you broke out with one of the experiments. That's kind of a big deal." He pointed out.

    "He does have a point, Laura."

    Ehehe…
    Laura was a bit embarrassed by that.

    "And please stop calling us colors. I'm Raye, and this is Laura."

    "Sure, whatever you say, Raye, you're the ones with the guns." He said. Even though he was armed, the only problem with him doing anything is that his gun was still holstered on his leg. Not in his hand.

    "In any case, we need to get moving. According to my OOPA, the gravity's been increased in this area for an unknown reason."

    His last statement caught Laura's attention. “Wait, you're telling me you skydived here and been spying around without any weapon.
    Laura shifted her weight towards her left side and relaxed a little, amused by the thought.
    I didn't take you as being someone who would make such a stupid mistake.

    Archer shrugged his shoulders, the amusement in his voice failing to hide a grin behind his dark visor, "well, shows you what I can do."

    Hah!” Laura laughed. “I know better than to take you paramilitary types to your word.
    She shifted her weight again, this time in a stance that showed her comtempt for the man. “If it weren't for my uncle and all the bloodshed back at—” Laura paused, catching herself mid-sentence.

    Her stance was aggressive once again.
    Alright. Where is it? I know you'll have something on you.” She motioned the barrel of her gun towards his chest. “A knife? Some kind of pistol? I know you gotta have it somewhere.

    Raye stood there, watching her friend sass the newcomer.

    And thinking about it… Who were you talking to back there?” Laura inquired.

    Tensing up, Archer sensed that he wasn't gonna be able to talk his way out of this, he talked too loudly and that was a big mistake on his part. Although, maybe he could get bonus points for honesty. It was a vain hope, but still one he had.

    "My team came here to extract me," he said quickly.

    "If they did, then they should have room for a few more." Raye pointed out.

    Yeah.” Laura added. Though she was actually uneasy about the prospect of riding along with any sort of soldiers for hire, it didn't show.

    Archer didn't respond to either of them, he simply sighed. It seemed he wasn't all too pleased with this sudden arrangement either.

    "Not sure if that'd fly with my captain," he eventually said.

    Well…” Laura began, ”I guess as an alternative, we could just shoot you here and now.
    She let out a small, short laugh before continuing in a singsong tone. “I'd guess that wouldn't fly with your captain either, yes?

    "Then you'd let go of a bargaining chip," he pointed out the error of her threat. "And you want to escape, don't you? You don't even know where you are in the domes."

    Ex-act-ly,” she responded in a snide maner. “Only one way to go from here.
    Laura lowered her weapon from the ready stance it had been for the conversation.

    "As for the captain, I'm pretty sure the intel we have would be more than enough to increase his payday."

    But if you try anything…” Laura added as a stern warning, “I'll be getting some more target practice with this thing.” She motioned her weapon for a moment, drawing attention to it.

    "So, what do you say?" Raye asked.

    "Well, what can I say? I like living." Archer said, slowly standing up from his position beneath Laura's gun. He kept his hands in the air though, just to show he wasn't going to try anything.

    Now they had a captive with them in a lab who may or may not be seeking to stab them in their backs. The two of them organized a plan to keep Archer in front just in case he tried anything, and the three stood there in the walkway feeling gravity exert its toll on them. The man's radio occasionally chattered with something until he quickly turned it off when he noticed Laura's OOPA was giving him an intense look, as was Raye's OOPA.

    The man seemed irritated about both of them, but didn't try anything. For now.

    Now what?

    @Zerul
    Hunter turned to go left, but walked straight into a wall. D'oh!

    He stood back up, rubbing his head before continuing straight down the tunnel. After several minutes of walking through the grueling gravity, pulling down on him heavily. He found what appeared to be a door, and upon opening it and taking a peek outside. Hunter saw that the hallway was surprisingly empty, although there were many signs of a rush as an eerie silence encompassed everything.

    Hunter wasn't able to see where he could go from the small crack he had opened with the door, but there didn't seem to be anything dangerous there that would seek to stop him.

    What next?

    @MacSmitty
    Zale quickly ran into the stairway as the others followed him, the robot still in its slow pursuit.

    It was an odd thing for the robot to do, as he could easily have gained on the ragged group. Selena was still recovering from being a punching bag for everything, the two brothers were injured and Razor nearly lost an eye. Whereas that robot was in completely fine, simply choosing to jog steadily behind them in pursuit.

    He heard him walk up the stairs as his feet clanked loudly on the floor, crushing fallen lab instruments underfoot as it went.

    Zale reached the top of the stairwell, running across the glass bridge to the other side of the atrium, entering yet another room. There was yet another vent, although unlike the last one it seemed to be loose if the screws on the corners had anything to tell him. How careless were these scientists, really?

    Aside from the vent, the place reeked of no escape. And even though he could jump off of the bridge to the bottom, he had a sinking feeling that he'd splat upon hitting the bottom. Either that or he'd break his dwindling amount of gear, and he needed it.

    What will you do now?

    The next GM post will be put up on Sunday, August 20th, be sure to post by then!
    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Ask OOPA... (Ask your OOPA whatever you want to ask, or even just do it for the heck of it. Can be used in conjunction with turn-ending actions.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
  5. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    (then specify the door is open and not cracked like you said it was)

    Hunter opens the door and peek out of it looking down the hallway in all directions to make sure he was safe.

    [action look down the hallways after opening the door so he could peer down the hallways]
     
    #145 Zerul, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  6. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura hoped the aggressive facade she had put on for show had held up. The fact that he was some kind of “PMC” grunt helped, as she had genuine contempt to channel into the part. But still, she was pretty uneasy about it all.

    “It's worth a shot,” she thought as she turned her attention towards her artificial companion. Woopa, do you by chance have any information about this guy that I don't know yet? she whispered.

    @Rustic [Ask OOPA: Archer]
     
  7. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    "We need to get moving." Raye said. "With the gravity generators as they are, it's difficult to move and fight effectively. We'll need to dial back the effect to normal levels, or find a way to escape the field." she said, before looking at her own OOPA. "Can you tell us where either the gravity generators are or where the field ends?" she asked.

    @Rustic : [Action - Ask OOPA.]
     
  8. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    To welcome the newcomer known as @IcySetsuna
    Because the turn hasn't progress anywhere as people are yet to have posted anything. Eep! People have started posting! D:

    Elsewhere in the laboratory, Lunasia found herself inside of a small container. Much too small for her to comfortably move around in, and she heard something that sounded like a treadmill. No... more like a tank thundering along, not to mention she felt like everything was rumbling and moving along. It was an odd feeling, really.

    What made her wonder what happened was when she was inside one of the domes, investigating into these laboratories that had started appearing throughout Octo Valley. Then a bright light followed by a lot of pain. Whatever it was, it seemed that she was knocked unconscious as a result and stuffed into this tiny box.

    Suddenly she slammed her head into one of the box's sides, before it opened up and she rolled down the small metal ramp in a disheveled heap. Lunasia looked around her as she was on the floor, seeing that she was simply dumped off in a hallway by what looked like a crate on treads. And also that she was inside of a strange hallway, messy and cluttered with various items you'd find in a lab.

    Whoever was originally there seemed to have been in a rush, and she could hear the sounds of fighting down one side of the hallway. But the other was conspicuously silent. Perhaps something had happened here, thinking to herself that she should find...

    What's this thing? She thought, looking at a small ink tank that was attached to her waist. A flexible pipe connected it to her, and then she noticed something very peculiar. The ink tank was staring right back at her, a little white dot on top of the cylinder expanded as it examined her. Which seemed strange and very weird, what could make this thing weirder was if it talked.

    "Greetings, Operator!"

    Spoke too soon.

    "I am your designated OOPA, I am glad you have finally woken up. You were leaning on me a bit too much in that Brawler-Bot," the ink tank admitted, making her hip ache, "but I welcome you to Sunburst Inkling! A division of the Octarian Institute of Technology and Science or OITS, for short," the thing continued explaining, "I am but one of the many OOPAs assigned to subjects such as yourself that are acquired from both Inkopolis and Octo Valley!"

    It seemed that it was ignorant of what was going on right now, but it was likely an automated message it is programmed to say to the other subjects as well.

    What will you do now?

    /sigh
    @Zerul
    Hunter looked both up and down the hallway as he tentatively stepped outside of the tunnel. Certain that there were no enemies of any kind around him.

    The hallway was quiet and nothing was there, making him almost lower his guard as a result. He stood there now, embracing the silence as a method of calming himself down. Tense senses weren't good senses, as his Dad probably would've put it. Each end of the hallway led off somewhere he didn't know, but there looked as though people were running from something.

    As if on cue, he heard an angry howl from something down the hallway that seemingly led into the source of the panic. On the other side of the hallway, there was a closed door. However its terminal was on, so maybe it was unlocked? Upon a hesitant approach, it opened up to reveal a large room. Similar to a surgery theater.

    What now?

    The next GM post will be put up on Sunday, August 20th, be sure to post by then!
    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Ask OOPA... (Ask your OOPA whatever you want to ask, or even just do it for the heck of it. Can be used in conjunction with turn-ending actions.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
  9. MacSmitty

    MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    199
    NNID:
    Seeker624
    Why is that robot moving so slow? Zale wondered. The robots movements were suspicious, almost as if it wasn't trying to get them.

    Maybe there's a trap up or a dead end ahead. He thought.

    Slowing down at the room and looking for a possible escape route, he found a vent for him and the others to go through. Pointing at the vent, he morphed into squid form to go through the vents in order to escape the robots wrath. Though his mind still wondered where that voice was.

    @Rustic
    [Action: Go in the vents.]
     
  10. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    Hunter notices the surgery theater show and is a bit creeped out. "what the squid were they doing here?" Not wanting to stay and find out quickly examines around the room for any possible way out. since the other way sounded like it lead into the conflict.
     
  11. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    The only thing that came in Lunasia's mind was damn. She winced at the hip pain, but slowly covers her face and begins a light smile. Honestly, this "OOPA" looks cute, then when you realize the Octarians made this, and it could be an active bomb... Looking at her compact prison, she begins to look around the "Brawler Bot" this so called OOPA said.
    "There must be something in this robot that could help me..." During her investigation she begins to recall some memories during her scouting trip.
    I remember I was inside this dome...to investigate these labratories... did I bring a weapon with me? They must have disarmed me...
    @Rustic
    [Action: Examine Brawler Bot]
     
  12. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Devack
    "There is reason to believe that the gravity generators are approximately twenty feet ahead inside of their room, however for safety reasons, I recommend against approaching it at this time," Raye's OOPA answered.

    After a brief moment, her OOPA started speaking again, "the gravity being generated appears to go for approximately five feet back the way we came."

    "And is there another exit from here? One that doesn't take us back where we came or into possible crushing?"

    "I believe there is a stairwell up ahead that may lead to somewhere else. Otherwise, those are our two choices."

    "Any idea as to where they lead?"

    "I do not know."

    Raye sighed. "Looks like the stairs it is, then." she said. "Laura, what's-his-face, you guys coming?" Raye asked as she approached the steps.

    Please state your action at the bottom like you're supposed to.
    @Zerul
    Quickly, Hunter realized that the various equipment and terminals on the edge of the overlooking window weren't actually meant for surgery. Well, mostly. He quickly saw that they were various kinds of monitors, monitors for heartbeats, chemical pumps, and various other things that Hunter didn't even know what they were for. All that seemed to be was monitoring someone.

    The theater seemed to have a true viewing area up above it, with a slight ramp leading to it. Aside from that, there wasn't really anything else up above there except more signs of a hasty departure.

    That one seemed to be an Inkling down below, held aloft across from the window through some strange restraints. They resembled ink-rails, but held him up in the air outside of his squid form, soaking around his hands and feet. Dressed in a white, torn uniform, the boy seemed relatively fine up there. Although he wasn't conscious.

    What now?

    @IcySetsuna
    The Brawler Bot was definitely inactive now, that's for sure. Although for some reason the thing seemed to have shut off suddenly, which must have caused it to forcefully eject her out of its metal containment hold.

    The thing was on treads, which explained the odd sounds that she was hearing when she was inside of the robot. But upon closer inspection, there was quite a strange device attached to the top of the Brawler Bot. It seemed to resemble a gun of some kind, with coils and such along it. It seemed to be an electrocution device of some kind.

    Oh great, was she brought down by a box on wheels? How wonderful.

    The Brawler Bot had nothing else on it, not even her previous gear which seemed to have been confiscated. Which meant that she might have not been tazed by this thing at all, but by another thing. Although she wasn't sure which one was a better alternative. Perhaps her equipment was somewhere here.

    What next?
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  13. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @Ikaheishi
    After some time inspecting Archer, the OOPA let out a shocked chirp as it seemed to have realized something, slowly looking up towards Laura after whatever realized it. "The marking on his upper arm seems to suggest he is part of the PMC known as the 'Ruby Predators', a fairly ruthless paramilitary organization that seems to have taken a liking to heavily punishing their own for slight failures," the ink tank explained.

    Laura let out a sigh. “Of course my luck would turn out that way. I'm here in the first place, after all.” she muttered under her breath. “Is there anything else you can tell me?

    "The Ruby Predators, from what my records say, tend to favour recruits with a penchant for violence and strength." The OOPA answered, explaining what it knew about the PMC.

    "The organization itself seems to be a firm believer of 'survival of the fittest' phrase," it added, before continuing with a warning, "my recommendation: Do not trust Archer, he may seek to escape, or worse kill you both."

    Ugh. Why couldn't I have been wrong for once?” she asked rhetorically.

    "I do not have records of previous answers to properly assess that question," it replied.

    Uh. T-That was a—” Laura stopped mid-sentence and started giggling a little. “Nevermind that.

    Laura was already becoming quite fond of her OOPA. And caught up in her mental endearment, she spoke her thoughts unintentionally. “Oh~~ I definitely want to keep you when I get out of here~~!

    The OOPA hummed pleasantly to her outburst, seemingly glad of being worthy of such a response. "I would like that, as I believe I am approximately twice as useful over a standard Squidforce Ink-Tank."

    That surprised Laura. "You know about the turf wars?!"

    "Yes, I and the other OOPAs are prepared with the knowledge of the Inkling sport known as Turf Wars," the OOPA patiently replied.

    "Awesome~~," Laura responded, speaking again in a sing song tone. "Ah, you're so fresh~!"

    The OOPA made a stuttery noise, as if it was trying to mimic someone clearing their throat. "This unit has been active for approximately seven hundred and thirty days. As a result, I am far from 'fresh'," it corrected.

    SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY DAYS?!” she exclaimed.

    …so much for being quiet.


    Laura remembered the journal she was provided in the beginning, and the intelegible writing that was in it; she's certainly not one of the first people that was brought to this place. It's not really a surprise that they would reuse such advanced equipment… but what about those who came before her?

    That was probably something Laura didn't want and plainly shouldn't know. She refocused her mind on the OOPA's misunderstanding.

    Nevermind that outburst,” she said with a hint of embarrassment. “What I meant is that, um… How to really define it? Awesome… exciting… admirable…

    Laura clearly was not the best at defining terms.

    "I see! That is a strange thing to say, as my dictionary states otherwise for its meaning," the OOPA admitted, awkwardly looking away from Laura. It seemed humbled by the recent outbursts she had done. Perhaps these things may have been accustomed to never receiving praise for what they do.

    I… um… well…” she spoke, tripping over her words. “Technically it's slang, but… I don't know, I'm just…used to it.

    "I understand," the OOPA simply replied.

    Laura whispered to her OOPA again. “So, um… given all that you know, this guy has absolutely no motivation to work with us at all, but quite the opposite; he takes us to his captain, he's gonna be in severe trouble and… something not good will happen.

    "It is possible he may work with us, if not then we can always end up forcing him to fly us out of here," the OOPA said, giving a sharp look at Archer, who glared in reply. The OOPA returned to Laura, widening its little eye.

    I guess we've got a very delicate balance to maintain.” she muttered, before letting out a sigh.

    The OOPA chirped quietly in response, whatever that meant. But now the two had a captive that for all they knew could probably stab in the backs at any turn, but at least they had the bigger weapons, right? Right?

    Raye seemed keen on moving on, judging by her comment to the remaining two behind her.

    What will you do?

    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Ask OOPA... (Ask your OOPA whatever you want to ask, or even just do it for the heck of it. Can be used in conjunction with turn-ending actions.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  14. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    "Hm..." Lunasia looks at this device on the Brawler Bot, wondering if she could yank it out. Better to have something than nothing, huh? Still...would that be safe? While thinking of a way to get that weapon, Lunasia's eyes began to widen as one thought goes into mind. Perhaps the OOPA knows more about this weapon. "OOPA, do you know if I could extract this weapon from the bot and use it in combat?"
    @Rustic
    [Action: Ask OOPA.]
     
  15. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    @IcySetsuna
    The OOPA looked at Lunasia, seemingly eyeing her up and down before looking at the 'gun'. It barely stared for a moment before it looked back to her. "I believe you are capable of taking it off," it said, "however, I wouldn't bother unless you can create some sort of firing mechanism as it doesn't have any sort of 'trigger' for you to use."

    Lunasia, with a slight bit of disappointment, sighs, but is hesitant to give up. She proceeds to ask, "Is there any material around here to make that trigger? If not, then any items I could use then for my defense?" Something tugged at her mind, just yelling out, There must be more like me, stuck in this lab... "Oh, and could you tell me more about the other test subjects if there are more?"

    "Ah, I see. Tha-a...t..." In midsentence, after hearing what this OOPA said about nineteen others in this lab, she was in shock. "...those damn monsters. Nineteen people, and perhaps some are even younger than me..." Closing her eyes to regain her composure, Lunasia proceeds to pull out the gun, and chooses to carry it, in hopes of finding any kind of gun with a trigger system.
    "Perhaps I could take it with me..."
    But then, I need to drop the weapon if it hinders me...

    "If my database is accurate, you are the oldest subject in this current batch," the OOPA replied. Which didn't sooth her worries. At. All.

    Shivers danced across her spine. "Current batch? You mean...there were more before us? I need to find the others as fast as possible..." Another thought appeared in Lunasia's head. "Tell me, do you remember just a little bit about who owned you before me? How long have you been active?"

    "We have been active for seven hundred and thirty days," OOPA answered, "serving approximately six others before you. However, I can barely recall any of them..." it said, dejected, as if the OOPA was disappointed in itself.

    "I hope you last longer than my previous owner," it quietly bleeped.

    Even though the realization of how many days, no, weeks, this OOPA have been active, and the faint sound of those words she clearly understood at the end, Lunasia was able to get a laugh.
    "Haha, don't worry. I'll live longer than those people. So, shall we get going?" Lunasia asked the OOPA, smiling. "I have a feeling this is going to be a long day."

    "Yes. We should go," the OOPA replied, quickly shedding its previously glum mood. Around her, the situation didn't really change, aside from the noises of the fighting being quieted.[/color]
     
  16. Zerul

    Zerul Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    80
    NNID:
    Mechasonic9000
    Hunter notices the room was ment for something a bit more than standard surgery. He also notices the inkling up on the wall. "What in Kathulu's name were they doing here?" He climbs the ramp to see if there was some way to release him from the observation room.

    Action look for controls to free inkling.
     
  17. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Looking around the hallway where she broke out of her box, Lunasia sits on the now defunctional Brawler Bot. After learning about how there were others like her, she have to find the other subjects. "Hm...since I heard sounds of fighting...there must be others over there." She hops off her seat and walks there, before asking OOPA, "Hey, could you tell me a little more about yourself? Considering you are almost two years old..."
    @Rustic
    [Action: Ask OOPA.]
     
  18. Devack

    Devack Inkling

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    5
    NNID:
    LeagueofDevack
    Raye sighed. "Looks like the stairs it is, then." she said. "Laura, what's-his-face, you guys coming?" Raye asked as she approached the steps.

    @Rustic [Action - Climb the steps]
     
  19. Ikaheishi

    Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2015
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    490
    Laura let out another sigh.

    “So we have a very—no, extremely delicate balance going on here.” she thought to herself. Giving Archer another staredown, she followed Raye while staying behind him.

    @Rustic [Go to: Wherever Raye is headed]
     
    #159 Ikaheishi, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  20. Rustic

    Rustic Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2015
    Messages:
    482
    Likes Received:
    262
    ARGH. THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE IS PROCRASTINATION. I must atone for this.
    Two quick actions have been assigned to each of you guys alongside this extended due date. It is only taken into effect on the following actions:

    [Go to:]
    [Use:]
    [Talk to/with:]

    Initiating combat will still instantly end your turn.

    @MacSmitty
    It wasn't the best option to do, but diving into the vent was probably one of the preferred options he had. The fact that the robot seemed to be toying with them by slowly pursuing them was odd, but it wasn't really something to complain about. As there were more pressing matters.

    Such as how the vent was a sudden drop.

    Before he shout out a warning to the others, they had all followed suit and were tumbling down the ventilation shaft with him. He fell for what felt like a long time before he landed on something weak, breaking beneath the force of his landing. Zale roughly fell down onto the floor beneath, wincing as he stared at the newly-formed hole in the ceiling.

    That was then he became aware of the others' screaming as they fell, and without wasting any time, he rolled out of the way. One by one, the group fell into a pile beneath the vent, creating a multi-coloured pile of squids squirming around on the floor as they untangled themselves from each other and went back to their normal forms.

    "Where are we...?" Thomas wondered aloud as he glanced around.

    That was a good question, as they found themselves in what seemed to be rows of aisles, various things on them. Although there was a door at the end of it, and the place was very quiet in comparison to before.

    What's next?

    @Zerul
    As Hunter walked up the ramp to look for the controls, he had an odd feeling in his gut as he reached the top. As if he was being stretched while his movements became more difficult, but the feeling passed as quickly as it had come.

    The terminals at the top, while in an Octarian dialect he didn't understand, he had enough understanding that one of the red buttons on the display must've meant something important. So he pressed the first one he saw, and sure enough the Inkling's restraints sputtered out one by one. Until the young man was held aloft by a final restraint.

    The terminal imposed a warning upon the display. However, it seemed that it wasn't linked to anything other than a timer.

    Finally the Inkling fell to the ground, lying still.

    What now?

    @Devack @Ikaheishi
    The two, with their newly acquired 'friend' in tow, went up the stairs and continued walking. Archer had placed his hands behind his head though, at the very least, it seemed he understood his position as their unarmed captive.

    It was a silent walk in the dimly lit maintenance tunnel, and the three had felt a very odd feeling as they passed through the gravity field. It was almost as if they were in an elevator as it stopped at the top of a building. Soon after though, they felt a lot more lighter.

    Raye's OOPA warbled out in relief now that they left the gravity field, and she felt its relief as well. No more tugging at her internal organs.

    But, now it was just an unexciting walk now. Sure they had Archer to poke in the back every once in a while, but that lost its allure after the second time when he cast a look that probably meant he wouldn't hesitate to kick their collective rear-ends even if they have guns.

    Soon, they reached a hatch that after opening it a bit, led out into a hallway.

    What will you do?

    @IcySetsuna
    She hops off her seat and walks there, before asking OOPA, "Hey, could you tell me a little more about yourself? Considering you are almost two years old..."

    "Aside from being your designated OOPA. I don't actually have many recollections of past events," the OOPA admitted, "all I know is that my previous users had a survival rate of fifty seven percent."

    "How about your technical details? Could you go in depth so I know what's in store?"

    "Is there anything specifically you want to know? Those terms are very broad."

    "How about the amount much ink could be stored in you? Will regular weapons use less ink?"

    A few moments quietly passed as the OOPA stared at her, "I can store the exact amount a standard Squidforce ink tank can have, however I can also produce synthetic ink if need be," the OOPA said, "and all weapons here are modified to be forty percent more ink efficient than the ones found in the Inkling sport known as Turf Wars."

    "I see." Lunasia smiled at her companion. "Do you know what kinds of weapons they make here then?"

    "I believe they produce all kinds seen in Inkopolis, along with others of their own unique design."

    "Wait... so the Octobrush was made where?"

    The OOPA seemingly made a choked sound, as if to stop itself from saying something. "That is a secret."

    Something smelt fishy about that statement, but Lunasia shook that off her mind. She was getting out of subject. "Ahem... let's not mind that, and continue on."

    Soon after, Lunasia had turned around a corner to see what was the cause of all the noise. It was a metallic creature standing over a giant robot, crushed and warped into a mass of metal and electronics. It took Lunasia a moment to finally notice the many tentacles that drifted weakly behind the creature.

    It hadn't seemed to have noticed her yet.

    The signs of a huge battle were heavily prevalent in the hallway as well. Broken weapons and blood scattered around at random, as well as a sunken pile of clothes up ahead. Someone had died there and already begun dissolving into a puddle of ink.

    What to do?

    Posts will be due September 8th, while the GM post will be up September 9th.

    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur on the Discord channel, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Ask OOPA... (Ask your OOPA whatever you want to ask, or even just do it for the heck of it. Can be used in conjunction with turn-ending actions.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
     

Share This Page

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

We know you don't like ads
Why not buy Premium?