Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
ok. so now the datamining has been started, and we've all settled down, we have a lot more information from nikki and the other modders.

here, here, this, this, and this. (though some repeat info).

Based on those tweets, and the information floating around from other miners, they have, indeed, updated the octoling animation.

there's no other reason why they'd make so many significant changes and additions, unless they plan to release octolings in the near future. this is the information we'd been waiting for. all we need now, is a damn direct from nintendo!

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am really excited. And I really, really hope we get a direct by the end of this week. Despite the fact that it may not, I will never let my fire for the Octolings burn out. We seriously need to settle the Inklings versus the Octolings once and for all.
I will only give up if it comes to the day they cease releasing new content for Splatoon and Octolings are still not playable Until then, I won't stop believing.

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
I can't say anything about the plaza softlock yet, but the eye rendering issues and the shops have not been fixed.
Sorry, no perfect octolings for us at the moment :/

Geistbox

Full Squid
I can't say anything about the plaza softlock yet, but the eye rendering issues and the shops have not been fixed.
Sorry, no perfect octolings for us at the moment :/
She seemed to have posted two tweets implying that something about it changed though. Unless that was all her.

With all that said considering how much this update contains content in such an unfinished (or hidden) state it almost feels like this is a preemptive update and that we're still going to need yet another one.

Last edited:

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
She seemed to have posted two tweets implying that something about it changed though. Unless that was all her.
I'm not sure, but I think she swapped the eye textures. But I don't know how the Mission succes screen renders the models, I'll check that right now.

EDIT: Yes, im pretty certain she changed the eye texture manually.

Last edited:

Geistbox

Full Squid
Back to square zero then.

At least there's a sliver of hope in there due to the updated animations and the fact that the update in general seems unfinished or stowed away in many aspects (trace contents of four new maps yet only three new gear and one new weapon?)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I'm not sure, but I think she swapped the eye textures. But I don't know how the Mission succes screen renders the models, I'll check that right now.

EDIT: Yes, im pretty certain she changed the eye texture manually.
Yes. the single player info she posted was bluffed. but the octoling animations, updated model, and music changes are real. the important thing is octolings have been updated.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I want to believe, I really do, but I'm starting to get burned out. If it happens I also really hope for Male Octolings too
Same here. If they ever integrate Octolings into the society of Inkopolis, they'd also do well to respect both genders. And besides, I'm also curious as to what they'd look like.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Nitnendo is starting to release trailers on games they haven't touched upon since E3. Yeah it's time to be patient when it comes to the future of Nintendo Directs. Still has anyone remember their new membership program they are going to talk about this fall?

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
Nitnendo is starting to release trailers on games they haven't touched upon since E3. Yeah it's time to be patient when it comes to the future of Nintendo Directs. Still has anyone remember their new membership program they are going to talk about this fall?
I...totally forgot about it.
Didn't they say it was gonna launch back in September? o_O

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
The octoling softlock bug is somewhat fixed in 2.2.0, the plaza just ignores players with gender id set to 2, and when joining a online game, the id gets set to 0(girl).
Not exactly what I wanted :/

Last edited:
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
The octoling softlock bug is somewhat fixed in 2.2.0, the plaza just ignores players with gender id set to 2, and when joining a online game, the id gets set to 1(girl).
Not exactly what I wanted :/
Well, not as good as Octolings being playable, but hey, it's better than not being able to play Splatoon at all, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom