Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Honestly, we need to hype up male Octolings so we get them as well. :p Lots of hype for the feminine variety (which makes sense, since they're the only kind we have official art/models for), but not nearly as much for the male Octos. I want both, because lore. :p
Heck, it would be nice if we got to see an actual animated model for humanoid Octavio, at least.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
what was it that release stated, "to keep continued interest in our three strongest properties, Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Smash"? i think that's how it went. Noire'll know better.
During the financial sales press release last night, Nintendo has stated they will focus on "keeping interest in Splatoon and Mario Maker due to brisk sales" nowhere did they mention Smash. So expect a lot of Splatoon and Mario Maker support in the form of free and paid DLC due to the high sales of both titles. It should help the Wii U survive just a bit longer until the NX drops.

The Direct may be this or next week as it's likely what Nintendo is planning this Holiday Season. Also the Investor's Meeting is tonight in about an hour or two so we may learn of something new then.

Souce:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rofits_as_system_sales_show_positive_momentum

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
During the financial sales press release last night, Nintendo has stated they will focus on "keeping interest in Splatoon and Mario Maker due to brisk sales" nowhere did they mention Smash. So expect a lot of Splatoon and Mario Maker support in the form of free and paid DLC due to the high sales of both titles. It should help the Wii U survive just a bit longer until the NX drops.

The Direct may be this or next week as it's likely what Nintendo is planning this Holiday Season. Also the Investor's Meeting is tonight in about an hour or two so we may learn of something new then.
my bad. it was late! :p

http://squidboards.com/threads/nintendo-press-conference-10-28-15-thread.10658/#post-111375

ok folks. the conference has begun. since it's not octo related, go to the thread above, and please keep the conference comments there, unless it has to do with octos.

Thank you! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
It's also worth noting that Mario Maker and Splatoon are Nintendo's top products at the moment, so they're committed to maintaining both as a platform for future sales. Thus, the more hype we the fans generate about Octolings, the more likely they are to hear and provide. ;)
As it hasn't been mentioned here yet, Super Mario Maker is getting an update on November 4th, which adds in mid-stage checkpoints, Mushrooms that manifest as Fire Flowers if Mario's already big when he hits it, Nintendo-made courses, event courses, and a harder version of Gnat Attack.

what was it that release stated, "to keep continued interest in our three strongest properties, Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Smash"? i think that's how it went. Noire'll know better.
Mario Kart 8 has been consistently outselling both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4 in this generation so far, at least in Japan. I'm not sure how worldwide sales go, but Super Smash Bros. for 3DS likely gives it an edge.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral

We would also like to have Replica Elite Octoling kelp hairpiece. I'd love to have more Octoling-themed weapons, like perhaps an Elite Octoshot that is a reskinned SplatterPro.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
That's not Ermame, is it? The art style is somewhat different.

There is a lot of yuri shipping between an Octoling and a female Inkling though, from what I've noticed going through Japanese fanart (in general).

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Any popular thing with 2 or more female characters is bound to end up with at least some level kind of boating on the internets. Nothing new there.

...So, lesbians but with males, amirite? 'Cause that's also absolutely necessary to bring up here.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Doesn't look like Ermame's style so I don't think it's him.

Likely next week the Direct will air as it's to show Nintendo's plans for the Holiday season. This week will end with two new weapons (Likely because of nothing last week).

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i'm just worried nintendo will stagger the content too much, making octos a next year thing. i think they'd rather push big stuff for the holidays, but with them, i don't know. they might just advertise the "new" 3ds again.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
i'm just worried nintendo will stagger the content too much, making octos a next year thing. i think they'd rather push big stuff for the holidays, but with them, i don't know. they might just advertise the "new" 3ds again.
That I doubt, we're getting the Octolings this year. They had enough time since June to make them work. They're coming. It's a massive update in Splatoon that will be part of their Holiday plans. Let's not get paranoid.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
That I doubt, we're getting the Octolings this year. They had enough time since June to make them work. They're coming. It's a massive update in Splatoon that will be part of their Holiday plans. Let's not get paranoid.
we don't know. they could push octos for valentines. they could just flood the holidays with maps and weapons. i agree that it's been too long for otcos to not be completed. but nintendo does weird stuff sometimes. guess we'll just have to play the waiting game again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom