Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I follow that blog on Tumblr, I just don't get on there anymore. I do love her artwork.
From what I can see, besides the fountain pen on the upper-right: Upper-left looks vaguely like one of those bug spray pumps, lower-left is a floor buffer, and lower-right is a sword.

I'm not sure what new gameplay mechanics such inking devices can create (except the aforementioned really thin line with the pen). The sword's purpose is already fulfilled with the Inkbrushes. The buffer could theoretically be like a roller, only it flings paint in every direction constantly.
Okay, thanks :)
I think Japan just has a new Splatfest announced so we may be getting one soon.

Not sure about the weapons myself. Just think the artist drew what they though looked cool. *shrugs*
Once upon a time, we were all lined up for Splatfests at the same time. Then EU and NA got postponed for the first Splatfest, and EU got postponed again for Cats v Dogs II. And now I believe they're trying to line us up with EU again. Probably.

NNID
namine753
I am actually very ok with these two weapons a week. Maybe they are trying to release them quickly so we can get more new toys in the future. Either way, hope they keep this up, it's not like we play the game just for a new weapon every Friday. This is good.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
They did it just for me. They knew my two favorite weapons, and so they figured they'd do me a favor and release them both this week. They were going to release Mahi Mahi tonight, but instead decided to cater to me.
Sorry.

In all seriousness, it is a bit suspicious they went about it this way. I'd be surprised if they started giving us two weapons a week on different days to push weapons out quicker.

January is coming up quick.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
They did it just for me. They knew my two favorite weapons, and so they figured they'd do me a favor and release them both this week. They were going to release Mahi Mahi tonight, but instead decided to cater to me.
Sorry.

In all seriousness, it is a bit suspicious they went about it this way. I'd be surprised if they started giving us two weapons a week on different days to push weapons out quicker.

January is coming up quick.
Our they can milk it out more until the 'spring fashion' update comes in, then after that, who knows. I'm just trying to think from an updater pov. Nothing concrete.

But they don't have much content. These last updates will be an interesting watch

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
If we do, EATING AND SLEEPING PLS(I like your sig pic btw)
In Octoling things…would you want an Inkling v Octoling Splatfest?
Haha, yeah. It's a long shot but I can see that happening or else how would Europe get Cats vs Dogs? But let's hope not. I'd rather NOA be more creative than that. An Inkling vs Octoling is a step behind Callie vs Marie. Which would mean we'll see this place become the dead sea if it's either of those.

Also, thanks for the comment on my signature!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Haha, yeah. It's a long shot but I can see that happening or else how would Europe get Cats vs Dogs? But let's hope not. I'd rather NOA be more creative than that. An Inkling vs Octoling is a step behind Callie vs Marie. Which would mean we'll see this place become the dead sea if it's either of those.

Also, thanks for the comment on my signature!
Same here. I mean, I'd rather see a Thanksgiving Splatfest the week after than a recycled one.
(Team Octoling and Marie for the win)
I'd rather keep the thread alive, it's one of the main reasons I joined

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Same here. I mean, I'd rather see a Thanksgiving Splatfest the week after than a recycled one.
(Team Octoling and Marie for the win)
I'd rather keep the thread alive, it's one of the main reasons I joined
Trust me, I'd love a Thanksgiving splatfest too. I don't know what the hold up is about. I'd love Octolings a lot, but I am carefully watching Nintendo for news. I'm not going to get hyped unless they decide to go back to October styled teasing.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Trust me, I'd love a Thanksgiving splatfest too. I don't know what the hold up is about. I'd love Octolings a lot, but I am carefully watching Nintendo for news. I'm not going to get hyped unless they decide to go back to October styled teasing.
Pumpkin Pie v Sweet Potato? I like both, but Sweet Potato for the win :)
Same here. I mean, There could be the possibility that Ninty wants to brush up something before the next Splatfest, but that wouldn't make sense with Japan's Splatfest tomorrow(I mean it could, I'm not exactly thinking hard-watching Jurassic World)
Good plan, but we gotta keep hype for this thread, right? :) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom