• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Off the HOOK!

Which "Off the Hook" member do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Marina is definitely my favorite (if my profile pic didn't make it obvious). Her in-game animations and dialogue are just too cute, I love her singing, and she's an Octoling, which gives me further hope for their eventual playability in this game. After all, if an Octoling can become a beloved pop idol in Inkling culture, why shouldn't they be able to join up for some Turf Wars?

All that being said, while Pearl initially gave me a bad impression, I've warmed up to her a bit since the Direct. Initially I thought she'd have more of a "spoiled princess" thing going on, what with the crown and all, but now I get the feeling she just acts tough on the outside while actually being a pretty cool squid. Parts of her design still don't quite resonate with me (that forehead tho), but I can appreciate her for being a fun character and a good foil to Marina. Who knows, maybe those off parts of her design were purposeful on the designers part, and her whole "tough exterior" thing is a result of being ridiculed for that. Or maybe I'm looking too deep into the squid lore.

...Nah.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'm just going to slip these here...
"The theme of the eve of the evening is "rock vs pop."
Speaking of "rock", the metallic sound of the deafening electric guitar, the intense beat trembling the whole body, and the shout trembling the soul.
If you leave yourself up to the loud sound, you can unexpectedly shake your head and jump.
After all it is "rock" I wonder ... ...."
Never in my life did i ever think i'd need a squid themed guitar until now.
I'd definitely pick rock if i had the demo......... and the switch :|
Interesting, apparently, this is the animal they used for inspiration on Marina: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampyroteuthis_infernalis

And here the one for Pearl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiosepius_paradoxus

Makes a LOT of sense when you read about them.
The vampire squid being able to produce light (at the tip of their tentacles) could definitely explain what's going on with marina's finger tips. It's a cool design choice, but always wondered where the inspiration came from for them. There's likely other things that brought about this design choice as well.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
between the amount of character she expresses and the sheer vitriol aimed in her direction triggering my more contrarian side I'm warming up pretty quick.
Yeah, that's how I was on the day of their reveal. From the get go I was fine with Pearl, but I liked Marina more overall. As I saw more and more people simultaneously drool over Marina and throw shade on Pearl, it made me want to support Pearl more, because I did not think she deserved all that hate in the slightest.

In my first post on this thread I said I was favoring Marina overall, but now that some time has passed, I'm firmly on the "I like them both a ton" camp. I managed to be on Team Both for Callie and Marie for two years now, so it's not crazy to see myself repeating this for Pearl and Marina.

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
Marina's my favorite. Not only is she more attractive than Pearl, but she's also the first friendly Octoling.

Which makes me wonder... Is she the only one? Or are there other Octarians like her that live in peace with the Inklings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom