• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Off Topic Art thread!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Post your original, fanart, or other type of art that is beyond Splatoon!

Despite enjoying seeing everyone participate showing artwork for Splatoon, how about we show other artwork that does not relate to it? I know there are threads like 'express your emotions' to show an example what you made, but what about having a thread entirely dedicated to it? So here I made one so everyone can post other video game related art, or whatever art you may draw.

Mario

DDIKvNBVwAEf6k2.jpg DDIKniYUIAI8tkQ.jpg C79-C0KVsAAfEMz.jpg C79-IwzVwAA5c9n.jpg

This is concept work for a fan comic that involves the Mario & Luigi world, so there.

Disney

DDIMcypV0AIksum.jpg

And it appears I hit the max limit for uploading for this post. I will do more later next time. So here is a post to start me off, I hope it follows through!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Time to dump all of my Megaman art here. Just kidding. I'll share a few that I like though...
DREAM DEGRADE.png 54ed4f76ZLm6cKUQ.png ZeroWHIP.png

That's alot of Zeros.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
(Bumping along.)

Here are sketches of me practicing off animation from Aladdin and Dragon's Lair...

DDINKobVoAADp2S.jpg DDINPAcVYAEC8JA.jpg

Also bonus, character from my WIP: Raiders.

DDIK4mDUIAAb1Jp.jpg

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
This thread is a good idea for artists who don't know how or don't draw Inklings or other Splatoon related content regularly. Surprised it took so long for it to be made.
Huh, so there wasn't really one beyond that? If so, I hope this thread continues at least. Same with any other thread that is trying to embellish a bit of activity here.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
In today's update...

Megaman fanart

62743120_p0_master1200.jpg

Aibo fanart

62743120_p7_master1200.jpg62743120_p8_master1200.jpg

^ That is actually my dog, he is a robotic AI in holiday red color. The other pictures is just various sketches I copied off a few sources.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Here's a drawing I did about three months ago. I haven't been able to draw recently since I broke my cord to my drawing tablet on accident lol
Oh nice, what is this based upon, huh?

And oh boy that sucks...My tablet is from 2003 and still kicking! Though I get a little worried when one day it might drop dead, or go obsolete.

MasterJr

Inkling
Its a drawing of an idea I have for a boss fight. When I get older I want to develop my own video game (possibly even games!) and the guy in the middle ( and my avatar) is the main character.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Its a drawing of an idea I have for a boss fight. When I get older I want to develop my own video game (possibly even games!) and the guy in the middle ( and my avatar) is the main character.
Ah, is it going to be open world like with action rpg elements?

MasterJr

Inkling
Yeah, something like that. I want the gameplay to be as fluid as a Dynasty Warriors game or Devil May Cry-like and the exploration would be like.....I guess the Tales Of series is the closest that comes to mind for that. I want it to have stats like a Final Fantasy game too!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Yeah, something like that. I want the gameplay to be as fluid as a Dynasty Warriors game or Devil May Cry-like and the exploration would be like.....I guess the Tales Of series is the closest that comes to mind for that. I want it to have stats like a Final Fantasy game too!
Hrm, Dynasty Warriors is an underrated series I don't see too much of. Might put it into consideration.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ironically, I have some original character designs that I always drew up as a sort of What-if-this-were-a-game scenario. I've been making these ever since I was a little kid...just for mere fun.

I'll toss up one of the 'Boss' designs here. It's the last one I've conjured up in a while...

Spitfire Early Concept.png Spitfire Early Concept - Colored.png

He needs some fixing up, obviously (Mainly neck/head tweaks). But he was a fun one to come up with.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Ironically, I have some original character designs that I always drew up as a sort of What-if-this-were-a-game scenario. I've been making these ever since I was a little kid...just for mere fun.

I'll toss up one of the 'Boss' designs here. It's the last one I've conjured up in a while...

View attachment 5031 View attachment 5032

He needs some fixing up, obviously (Mainly neck/head tweaks). But he was a fun one to come up with.
I need to draw my original characters on here...Keep forgetting them.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I drew this quick one as a joke. "USE YOUR HAIR!", someone said...while in the rain...

He did it!

It's supposed to be 'Zero Nightmare' from Megaman X6, but you can imagine him as just plain Zero too. Lack of color sure helps.

(I got to test some features in Clip Studio Paint with this too. Pretty spiffy.)

Last edited:

Laseraxis7

Fluorescent Inkling Spawn
I drew one of my non-Splatoon OCs, and colored it automatically in Pixiv Sketch. And boy, does it look like a SSB palette. Or a KH look-alike.
Arphaxad Color Palette.png

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I drew one of my non-Splatoon OCs, and colored it automatically in Pixiv Sketch. And boy, does it look like a SSB palette. Or a KH look-alike.
View attachment 5094
...Huh. As a Pixiv user, I've seen Pixiv Sketch advertised but never actually tried it. I wasn't sure what it even was. Guess I'll look into it someday.

I will agree though, your picture does have a bit of that KH vibe due to the soft colors...

Laseraxis7

Fluorescent Inkling Spawn
...Huh. As a Pixiv user, I've seen Pixiv Sketch advertised but never actually tried it. I wasn't sure what it even was. Guess I'll look into it someday.

I will agree though, your picture does have a bit of that KH vibe due to the soft colors...
If you want to try Pixiv Sketch, you can always access to it by clicking the blue pencil button at the lower right corner of Pixiv.
Also, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom