• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Yuubi

Full Squid
MlWA77sWBR8Emgpm1T.png
MlWA77se8uMgGGidzn.png
MlWA77zWoJkHue6kyL.png
MlWA77y9UyMDCFIXvQ.png

Here is some of my miiverse art. I have lots more, but I'm just going to post the ones I like the most. They may look terrible since I'm not a great drawer especially on miiverse with the gamepad and all. The long haired inkling not sure if I should call her a full OC or not, but I decided to call her Lilly. She is just a regular orange inkling girl with brown eyes and a Princess hair style. no original colors what-so-ever. I tend to give some of the inkling girls eyelashes to make them a bit more girly and feminine. sometimes I change both girl and boy inkling's hairstyles to not give them "they all look the same" feel.

Lilly sketch reference.png

This a sketch that I've done in paint tool sai It's my oc Lilly again, suppose to be part of a project/comic that I am working on. She is not going to be the main character though, that spot is reserved for the original signature Inkling boy. She is however the first OC Inkling I've made so Lilly is getting a lot of love for right now. Lilly main weapons is the paint brush. Sometimes she can be seen running around with an Aero spray or splattershot jr. (Which is funny because I hate using the paintbrush....))

On the other note: I will NOT be taking full credit of this sketch. Why? because it was referenced from a Japanese twitter fan-art picture of inkling girl. The reason why I decided to reference this drawing is because I was so captivated and Motivated by the way the artist made the gesture for inkling girl. With my fan art picture collab that I am currently working on for splatoon I decided that I wanted to reference pos and put it into my own style. which would be suitable for Lilly and her brush. (this was the first time I was actually drawing a full body inkling so it took at least three weeks until I finish the full sketch.)

I would upload the original/reference artwork of the sketch I made but I am limited to 5 uploads so I give out the link to where I found it.
Not sure if the uploader is the original artist for this drawing, but it was a great drawing and I had quite a challenge drawing this sketch... I may Line-art and color it sometime in the future...

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
@Yuubi: "They may look terrible because I'm not a great drawer..."

What are you talking about? Your art actually looks great! What's your NNID? I need to follow you on Miiverse! :D

Yuubi

Full Squid
@Yuubi: "They may look terrible because I'm not a great drawer..."

What are you talking about? Your art actually looks great! What's your NNID? I need to follow you on Miiverse! :D
Ah thanks xD I don't think it is high quality like the miiverse post I see on splatoon and other games but glad you'd like it. :D

My NNID is Rosvita or rosvita btw.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I
I tried doing amethyst as an inkling for whatever reason turned out cruddy but it's the only fanart i've done of splatoon....yet!=3=

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Welp, I did this today after hauling a ton of wood to the woodshed. My thumbs still feel like they're gonna fall out of their sockets... x.x

This was my most successful humanoid and first successful Inkling. I'm so proud of myself .^-^.
Original:

"Vectorized":

Colored:

Look at her, all dressed up for Winter. <3

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Wow, there's some talented artists here @v@ I really wanna do some fanart, if only I had time..

Das

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DasIsKing
I don't have a lot of finished pieces, other than the contest entry, though I made a few sketches over the past months.
Most of them come from my twitter/tumblr. Hope you like them!

( Hid under spoiler. Didn't want to stretch the post...)

/SLAMS FIST ON DESK
THIS IS THE KINDA CONTENT I'M TALKING 'BOUT

MORE M//

augustoflores

Inkling
NNID
augustoflores
Imgur isn't letting me upload images right now for some reason...

but i have the next best thing! a speed drawing of the thing!

when i get home and imgur stops being a jerk, i'll upload the image too.

this is a drawing of one of my clanmates from the Salty Splatoon.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Inkling
Neat, an art thread, I just drew my own Inkling earlier.

...This is actually my first post here even though I joined a while back. I never really looked around much, but I'm getting back into the game again.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
wow.
just...wow!
I've been on this thread for almost 2 hours right now, just staring at all this legendary artwork.
and I'm only up to page 3 as of this writing!
keep up the artwork guys, you're making my day!

(by the way, anyone got some tips for a beginner artist? I'm really interested in learning to draw thanks to the awesome Splatoon fanart I've seen, but I haven't put pen to paper in my whole life.)

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
wow.
just...wow!
I've been on this thread for almost 2 hours right now, just staring at all this legendary artwork.

(by the way, anyone got some tips for a beginner artist? I'm really interested in learning to draw thanks to the awesome Splatoon fanart I've seen, but I haven't put pen to paper in my whole life.)
Speaking from my experience as an entirely self-taught artist (aside from using a few books)...
Bear in mind getting good at drawing takes a very, VERY long time. I've been drawing for roughly 5-6 years now, and yet there's people out there who are way better than me. You have to find it enjoyable, don't hate your art if it doesn't live up to your expectations, you'll get better in time. Some people (not necessarily you) are only interested in art for fame/impressing others, they won't last long.

I'd highly reccommend starting on the book called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. I found it to be an incredibly helpful book to help you understand and draw art. Drawing stuff from real life might be the most boring thing ever but it's essential for getting the foundations for your artwork right!

Talking about books, avoid western How-To-Draw-Anime books and their ilk like the plague. They're really bad, yet seem to be picked up a lot by newbie artists all te time. There's no real surefire way to draw cartoons/anime/anything. You have to explore that part yourself. If you feel passionate about art, follow artists that inspire you and don't be afraid to take ideas, as long as you don't outright rip the entire artstyle off. Remember that there's nothing new under the sun, but it's not nice to steal things.

This is just my two cents, good luck!

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
wow.
just...wow!

It takes pratice, browsing deviantart and references, at least from my experience. If you dont know how to draw hands, go find "Third Agent's the charm" in the original content section. @Aykorn has a great way of drawing hands...

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
It takes pratice, browsing deviantart and references, at least from my experience. If you dont know how to draw hands, go find "Third Agent's the charm" in the original content section. @Aykorn has a great way of drawing hands...
What, I literally don't draw hands, I make weird donut shapes that resemble fist. I think? Maybe i'm missing something? Like, I guess that makes me sound like I'm trying to downplay my drawing, but I don't just don't draw hands???? Just the general hand shape + a thumb sometimes. In any, case I'm flattered.

But yeah, a tip for gitting gud at drawing? Find a character you really like. And draw them. A lot. Just find someone or something you're obsessed with and draw them a lot. Practice a ton basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom