• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Splatoon Fan Art Thread!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Here's another pic I did for Squid Inktober!
Squid INKtober 002 - Super Salty 7.jpg

Basically, someone on the Cars vs Planes Splatfest thread wished for a squid version of the cast shot for Furious 7. So I obliged.

Spynes

Inkling
NNID
Dinofloor

for a while i just had the head done and not the hair/tentacles. i decided to finish the headshot today and this is how it looks now! i may do a full body later, but for now this is it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Drew some halloween-related gear, been kinda sick the past few days

Orange is wearing:
-Negative Eye Contacts
-Fake Body Cast
-Halloween Socks??

Purple is wearing:
-Vampire Teeth
-Vampire Squid Suit (excluding fancy ink glass)
-Bolted Shoes

okamakafe

Inkling
NNID
kamakachow
Drew some halloween-related gear, been kinda sick the past few days

Orange is wearing:
-Negative Eye Contacts
-Fake Body Cast
-Halloween Socks??

Purple is wearing:
-Vampire Teeth
-Vampire Squid Suit (excluding fancy ink glass)
-Bolted Shoes
NOW THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WE NEED ASAP

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Squid INKtober #3: Squid Stomper?
Squid INKtober 003 - Squid Stomper.jpg
“So,” Paelli diLoligo began, having sipped some of his manatee milkshake, “there’s been a movement to add some sort of ‘Squid Stomper’ ability to certain turf war certified gear. Everyone on SquidForce seems to be in agreement about it, but I wanted to speak with you in private to make sure you’d be up for it.”

“So I’ve heard,” confirmed Loligo diLoligo, CEO and President of SquidForce LLC. He knew that several Inkling kids wanted the ability so that the problem of “jump-camping” would not be as severe as it was at the moment. Yet, he had his reservations. First, however, he wanted to be sure it was what he expected it to be. He put down his soda can and his eyes shifted towards his colleague and younger brother. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s when an Inkling on one team jumps from the spawn point and makes a splash of their team color where they land, thus splatting any enemies nearby. Is that right?”

“Exactly,” said Paelli.

“Okay, I can see where those squid kids are coming from. Getting camped at a landing spot is not a pleasant experience. However, I’m concerned.”

“Concerned?” Paelli ventured. “Are you saying that it could easily be abused?”

“Unfortunately, from what little I heard I must assume as such. It sounds like any Inkling can skillfully use the ability to avoid enemy fire and crush the opposite team with little resistance. Not a pleasant sight for any Inkling just starting out in turf wars.”

“Well, that’s what I thought too,” Paelli continued, “but those under my management agreed that they would make it so that it would only work once per respawn, and furthermore that it would immediately be null and void if the squid simply stepped outside the spawn point. Thus, no Inkling can simply use this as a means of instant victory.”

“Hmmmm…” It was a tough call for Loligo. On one hand, a new ability would help keep the game fresh and address certain issues the squid kids had. On the other, such an ability could just as easily change the game–and the metagame–to a frightening extent. And if the change wasn’t well-received… “Tell you what, brother Paelli. I will think about it over the week, and if it’s balanced enough I’ll approve of it. Of course, the balance itself will be quite the feat to pull off…”

“Thank you for considering this, Loligo.”

“And thank you for bringing it to my attention.” With that, the two men returned to their late-night drinks.

—-

Today’s theme on Squid INKtober: “What if SquidForce’s execs attempted to add a new gear ability to the game?” In this case, the ability “Squid Stomper” allows an Inkling jumping from their spawn point to create a small pool of their team’s ink where they land. However, they can only use it once per respawn and it is immediately null and void once an Inkling steps out of their spawn point.

I don’t know if Nintendo will actually implement this, but it sounds like an ability that would change up the game and keep it fresh!

E: Hmm, no-one's posted any new fanart here since my last drawing. Well then, I'll just go ahead and show my newest one off here as well.

Squid INKtober #4 - Tentatek Brand History
Squid INKtober 004 - Tentatek Brand History.jpg

Tentatek has had a long history of influence in Turf Wars as we know them, and their brand is but a reflection of that influence. Founded in 1885 as Tentacle Technologies, their logo consisted of their name beside a single eye of an Inkling to show their alliance with the Inklings even before the Great Turf War. This logo went through few modifications but was otherwise mostly the same until 1967, when the company decided to give their brand a much-needed facelift; this included shortening their name to Tentatek. However, they had a rough start with their shortest-lived logo, and eventually the company realized they were accidentally distancing themselves from the squideye concept. Thus, in 1977, they began incorporating both eyes into their logo, although it took until around 1999 for their modern logo to take shape. From then on, there were only a few more modifications and adjustments before the present-day logo from 2012 onwards emerged.

—-

For today’s Squid Inktober drawing, I decided to tackle the brand Tentatek. Specifically, how the modern “Squideye” logo came to be over a hundred or so years of tinkering with the design. I had plenty of fun thinking about the concept while drawing each logo and how they’d fit into each decade of Inkling history.

Last edited:

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
A set of Splatfest-related things I did: Pixiv (Japanese)*
Random fanart: Pixiv (Japanese) | Tumblr | deviantart
That one guy from ABXY with the Pink Floyd-ish shirt: Pixiv (Japanese) | Tumblr

*these are also on tumblr, but not in a set, so I'd be kinda tedious to upload them all. I haven't done Splatfest team promo art in a while, due to time contraints and not feeling too well orz
As you can see, my art is not the greatest of all time (but I'll admit I didn't exactly put hours upon hours into any of these), but...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Got a few more drawings done for Squid INKtober!
Squid INKtober #5: The Tinccuris
Squid INKtober 005 - The Tinccuris.jpg

For today’s Squid INKtober the 10th, I decided to draw a squid squad.

Meet the Tinccuris. These four Inkling brothers are known for their loyalty to one another, their taste in faux-formal gear, and of course their skill in using War Deco’s Gal shooter lineup. There’s the leader Caravaggio posing in front with his .52 Gal, his elder brother and second-in-command Donatello with the .52 Gal Deco on his right, and the ever-classy Angelo giving his .96 Gal a well-deserved kiss.

Oh, and far in the back is Bob Tinccuri. He’s pretty good with the .96 Gal Deco, but he has a rather nasty habit of trying to use his Kraken special to headbutt enemy Inkstrikes before they land. You do not want to know how much a head-on collision with an Inkstrike hurts.
----
Squid INKtober #6: Arowana Mall Splatfes-tacular Sale!
Squid INKtober 006 - Arowana Mall Splatfes-tacular Sale.jpg

It’s a Splatfes-tacular!

Every Splatfest, Arowana Mall slashes its prices and throws its signature Splatfest Viewing Party for all to enjoy. See your favorite teams go head to head for the chance to be the freshest, most glorious squid squads around! Catch the Squid Sisters at their nighttime truck-top concerts! Savor delicious foods catered graciously by GoodEaton and Café duSeiche! And don’t forget, every store in the mall will be offering their finest wares for a mere fraction of the usual price! Whatever strikes your fancy, you don’t want to miss this special event!

Runs every Splatfest Splatterday from midnight until sunrise.

—-

Ever notice how Arowana Mall has only shown up once in the history of Splatfests? I did, and I decided it must be because they usually have the place reserved for a night-time event where people can watch those battles among other things. And so this Squid INKtober drawing came to be!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
@Geistbox Nice! That zine is sure to be something awesome!

Anyway, some more Squid Inktober art.

Squid INKtober #7: The Chirpy Chips at the Arcade

Squid INKtober 007 - Baxy and Zerry at the Arcade.jpg

Today, I decided to draw the Chirpy Chips/ABXY at the local arcade. Baxy and Zerry sure are tearing up Octarians of the Dead together like it were nothing. Meanwhile, CQ-Cumbr is rather miffed they had to cancel another gig for something like this, but Danny Pads doesn’t mind.

E: Yes, those are my fanon names for the band members. I'm going to use them until Ninty comes out with the official ones.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
idk this is original character fan art but here's my inkling oc... she is cutie
Her name is Emie

She's a singer and loves pink a lot

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Once again, some Squid INKtober art. Only seven drawings left at the rate I'm going!

Squid INKtober #8: The BoomBox Shot
Squid INKtober 008 - The BoomBox Shot.jpg

Hey squiddos! Ever want to feel the beat of the music while battling for turf? Boy, have we the weapon for you! Introducing the BoomBox Shot! This mid-range shooter has the unique perk of matching the rhythm and power of its shots to the beat of the current background music. That’s right, splat your foes and steal their turf like it were Dance Dance Revolution! This weapon comes complete with Splat Bombs and the Killer Wail for maximum musical mayhem!

—-

Just a simple concept for a Splatoon weapon that I thought up for Squid INKtober. It’d be real awesome if Nintendo decided to put it in the game!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Oh man, those look pretty nice. Especially the colors! Did you use water colors on the second one?

----

Squid INKtober #9: The View From Moray Towers
Squid INKtober 009 - The View From Moray Towers.jpg

Moray Towers. Many complain of the dominance of chargers and rollers therein. Some others say the map gives them vertigo. A few even express doubts that it could be a feasible parking spot. In the end, however, one has to admit it has the best view in all of Inkopolis.

Just a simple drawing of Moray Towers to show just how high up those squid kids are. Gotta admire them for the risks they take every day for ink battles!

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
You guys are killing it please keep it up! And don't forget to tell you friends to check out all of the great art here!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan

New oc I KNOW I FORGOT TO MAKE ONE PIXEL TRANSPARENT DON'T BUG ME ABOUT IT!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Squid INKtober #10: St. Levia's Unofficial Splatoon
Squid INKtober 010 - St. Levia's Unofficial Splatoon.jpg

Today’s Squid INKtober drawing is of another squad of squids–this time, a group of schoolgirls calling themselves “St. Levia’s Unofficial Splatoon.” We have the leader, a hardcore jock proficient in chargers whose no-nonsense attitude ensures that people take the team seriously; the excitable geek girl with a predilection for in-your-face weaponry like Sloshers and Inkbrushes; the elegant tennis fan who likes to use rollers as much as rackets and can swing like the best of them; and finally the shy schoolgirl who prefers to work as support, using only weapons that have Squid Beakons in their package. Their combined might and excellent team chemistry is the envy of several squid kids throughout Inkopolis.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Squid INKtober #11: NonStick Knuckles Testing
Squid INKtober 011 - Nonstick Knuckles Testing.jpg

NONSTICK KNUCKLES: SHELDON’S NOTES

So Dolphin came up with a new special weapon a while back, though it’s really only a “weapon” so much as a Splash Wall or Bubbler would be. The NonStick Knuckles are a handy weapon that can deflect shots and send them back to the shooter. However, it’s pretty fragile with only as much structural integrity as your average Inkling; it breaks apart in a few shots from a standard shooter, a single roller flick, no more than one charger shot (even from the Bamboozler!), etc., etc. Also, even when it’s active an Inkling is not safe from getting back-splatted! That weakness will ensure they pay attention to their surroundings so that they don’t waste it so soon. Oh, and it still winds down like any other special, too.

Right now, I’m having some volunteers test it out to see if they have the reflexes to pull off the counterattack. Honestly, it’s a weird special that might not see much use in a Turf War, but I still have high hopes for its validity elsewhere!

—-

Considering how much getting splatted would cost anyone precious time for claiming turf, I had an idea about a weapon that acts like the armor in Hero Mode but has a few extra weaknesses to balance it out. Overall, I think it would fit well in a future Splatoon update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom