• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official "Term" Thread!

What should the theme for these terms be?

• Total voters

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
In light of the terms and service I thought I should remove sexual as a option. Children most likely will see this site but, since it has so many votes I thought I should let the people decide if it's over the line, or is it okay, also should I just remove 69, all input is welcomed. Thank you.

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
In light of the terms and service I thought I should remove sexual as a option. Children most likely will see this site but, since it has so many votes I thought I should let the people decide if it's over the line, or is it okay, also should I just remove 69, all input is welcomed. Thank you.
I forgot to mention first one to ten votes win, just say, "Yes I do think it is over the line and you should remove it," or "No it is not over the line keep it," or "Just remove 69 from the answer."

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Yeah I'd drop it, this is an ages 10 and up game after all. I never liked arbitrarily making terms revolve around innuendo anyways, melee had 'sex kick' as a term for a long time and I never understood it other than that a bunch of 14 year old that giggle whenever someone says sex named it.

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
Yeah I'd drop it, this is an ages 10 and up game after all. I never liked arbitrarily making terms revolve around innuendo anyways, melee had 'sex kick' as a term for a long time and I never understood it other than that a bunch of 14 year old that giggle whenever someone says sex named it.
thank you for your input, also an small update: I lowered it down to 5 votes because that should make it go by faster, P.S. i'm 14:p

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
Guys I'm just gonna drop the sexual them it's not like smash bros most are rated T and 12+

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
It's a proven fact that games whose advanced techniques and terms are puns, especially ones that make sense in context, have better competitive comunities and healthier longer living metas. {{Citation needed}} Squid puns are the way to go.

Also yeah what decade is this, and sexual based names in a E10+ game? That just shows a huge lack of tact and taste.

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
It's a proven fact that games whose advanced techniques and terms are puns, especially ones that make sense in context, have better competitive comunities and healthier longer living metas. {{Citation needed}} Squid puns are the way to go.

Also yeah what decade is this, and sexual based names in a E10+ game? That just shows a huge lack of tact and taste.
interesting

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.
[UPDATE] Guys I have some bad news it turns out you cant take a question away from the poll, I've sent warchamp7 a private message so hopfully he can fix it I will ask of you guys not vote for that one, thanks and sorry.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Squidbagging

If you're familiar with shooters you must know it's going to happen whether you like it or not, especially in ranked :scared:

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Squidbagging

If you're familiar with shooters you must know it's going to happen whether you like it or not, especially in ranked :scared:
Would this be turning into a squid over and over while standing over someone's clothes? Since they kind of explode into ink when splattered and so far we haven't seen any crouching.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Would this be turning into a squid over and over while standing over someone's clothes? Since they kind of explode into ink when splattered and so far we haven't seen any crouching.
Yeah, spamming squid form on their pile of clothes would probably be the equivalent here since there doesn't seem to be crouching. Which makes the squid pun even more appropriate :scared:

Yeah, spamming squid form would probably be the equivalent here since there doesn't seem to be crouching. Which makes the squid pun even more appropriate :scared:
Seems much riskier than teabagging since you're utterly defenceless, no? Crouching in a lot of (most?) FPS games actually gives you an accuracy boost (at the cost of movement speed and ease of headshot.)

I have always had issue with the negative connotation that "campers" are given. maybe its my lack of experience with shooter games, but I feel like a skilled player would be able to get rid of a sniper. Plus, once you get rid of them once, they then have to make their way back to a vantage point through a battlefield with a weapon made for long range surrounded by people who are prepared for fighting on a battlefield. that's a pretty rough trip back just to set up again.
It is your lack of experience. There is stigma towards campers for a reason, fact is it can be very hard to get rid of them... but it is usually is acceptable within the game rules, as someone who has camped in shooters many times. Hopefully Splatoon won't be too camp-happy.

Flambo237

Inkster Jr.

yep I'm ashamed but,

Also I guess warchamp7 doesn't really care, he won't change it, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom