• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official "Term" Thread!

What should the theme for these terms be?

• Total voters

BeanYak

Full Squid
NNID
Catman789
I made a really similar post on the competitive forum, but to be honest, I feel like we did get decently far on there, if you'd like to check it out and/or redirect the answers to there. I want to make game specific words like this to make discussing the game and having callouts during matches easier, so the competitive forum made the most sense to me.

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
If there's a term I can make, it's this:

Reset
All members on a team get splattered at once with nowhere to Super Jump, especially if there's no allied Squid Beacons. VERY dangerous if you suffer this.

Last edited:

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
If there's a term I can make, it's this:

Reset
All members on a team get splattered at once, with nowhere to Super Jump.
VERY dangerous if you suffer this.
That's called 4-Down.

*Edit* No Squid Beacons is something to think about though.

Most of the terms I've seen this community come up with have already had names in other shooters for like a decade now lol. It's unfortunately what happens when a community from one genre plays a game of another genre ─ they have no idea what the lingo is.

Last edited:

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
Most of the terms I've seen this community come up with have already had names in other shooters for like a decade now lol. It's unfortunately what happens when a community from one genre plays a game of another genre ─ they have no idea what the lingo is.
Well, that's the problem with genres; Things just stick from one game to another.

No Squid Beacons is something to think about though.
I edited that in.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Well, that's the problem with genres; Things just stick from one game to another.
It's not a problem though. Competitive shooter communities have been optimizing communication techniques for 20 years now, and every time I see people coming up with 5 syllable phrases and confusing new names for things that have been solved long ago, I cringe. Your word Reset isn't bad, in fact it was probably the worst word for me to pick on, but I see it in this community in general and I would rather see everyone start off on the right foot.

You should check out the thread in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom