• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pancakes vs Waffles (NA/Oceania and Europe Splatfest)

Which breakfast goodness do you prefer?

• Pancakes

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Waffles

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
picked pancakes because the majority will pick waffles so less wait times.

rather french toast, i love almost all the shifty stations but especially this one.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The flavour of THIS Saltfest is: Tenta Missiles!

Be sure to only pick weapons that have Tenta Missiles as their special weapon, because it's clearly the best.
If the opponents use Tenta Missiles against you, be sure to lure the oncoming missiles straight into your backliner weapons because screw them specifically for not using an Aerospray or Jr.

-But of course team Waffles already knew this, based on the teams I was paired with today.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
The flavour of THIS Saltfest is: Tenta Missiles!
Had a match earlier today where the opposing team was:
1) all tenta missiles
2) half the team wearing gear with at least 1 main and 3 subs of special charge up
they shot a total of 14 missiles in the entire match 6 of which were shot in the first 45 seconds of the match. :^)

this month's shifty is pretty nice, way better than frostyfests imo.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I used to eat Eggos but after I got my waffle maker, I got spoiled with homemade waffles. I only use it occasionally but it's worth the money. Chicken and waffles are good, but you can't tell me pancake and sausage on a stick ain't banging.
I thought this was so genius when I was a kid. LOL
Oh my gooooood those are amazing! Now I really want one, so what if it's midnight?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
this shifty station was awesome! but i forgot to count the times that we had the enemy pushed back at their repawn area xD i performed great often on this stage haha

teammates wise i have to say i played with alot of good teammates so no complaints there,
we even won a few matches with a D/C on our side while the enemy had no D/C so yup great teammates! xD

all in all it was a great splatfest for me!

#Teamwaffles

Last edited:

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I picked Pancake. I don't know what waffle is. And my pancakes are thin not stacked like American ones. Also, not breakfast food.

I had three 10x battles and won two. One I lost had my teammate disconnected but apparently it didn't count because opposing team didn't appear on the newsflash. Then on second win, enemy team had one disconnected and we appeared on newsflash. Hmm.

By the way, I thought both teams are popular but today I got two ditto matches.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
if they would put shifty stations in turf war i would actually do a turf war, it's been a loooong time since i cicked on that.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Congrats to Team Waffle. :)

Eh, I thought that Team Waffle is least popular... I had ditto matches with Team Pancake in this morning. I wonder if most of players picked waffle are Americans. Idk about what's more popular in Oceania.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Congrats to Waffles. I knew they'd win the popular vote based on my friends list and no mirror matches for team pancake. I thought the matches could've gone either way though. Realistically , I don't know anyone who likes one but hates the other. Everyone I know personally either like both or hate both.

picked pancakes because the majority will pick waffles so less wait times.

rather french toast, i love almost all the shifty stations but especially this one.
Your profile pic is the cutest <3

Oh my gooooood those are amazing! Now I really want one, so what if it's midnight?
Cure those midnight munchies. My pancake obsession is spreading Nutella on a pancake and topping it with bacon. Some people may think bacon with.....Nutella? And go eww, but it's like heaven.

I picked Pancake. I don't know what waffle is. And my pancakes are thin not stacked like American ones. Also, not breakfast food.

I'm curious ....what are pancakes like where you live? I mean what do you eat with them instead of traditional breakfast items?

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I'm curious ....what are pancakes like where you live? I mean what do you eat with them instead of traditional breakfast items?
English pancakes are thin and used as wrappings for savoury food. They usually served at dinner time. Also, they used as sweet desserts as well. Similar to crêpes (France) so they don't use raising agent like baking powder.
Apparently I heard that Scottish and Welsh pancakes are more similar to American pancakes.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
My little brother, Prince wanted to choose Team Pancake so I tagged along with him. We didn't win but he's been having fun so that's what counts.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Congrats to Waffles. I knew they'd win the popular vote based on my friends list and no mirror matches for team pancake. I thought the matches could've gone either way though. Realistically , I don't know anyone who likes one but hates the other. Everyone I know personally either like both or hate both.

Your profile pic is the cutest <3

Cure those midnight munchies. My pancake obsession is spreading Nutella on a pancake and topping it with bacon. Some people may think bacon with.....Nutella? And go eww, but it's like heaven.

Yesssss that sounds amazing!

I had three 10x battles and won two. One I lost had my teammate disconnected but apparently it didn't count because opposing team didn't appear on the newsflash. Then on second win, enemy team had one disconnected and we appeared on newsflash. Hmm.

By the way, I thought both teams are popular but today I got two ditto matches.
Waffles are kinda like American Pancakes with gaps in a grid like way.

Picture -

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...KDUsB6NNA1D0UnaZ8OuE45gErACxe2n4tGrmCpGkzWa2g

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If the opponents use Tenta Missiles against you, be sure to lure the oncoming missiles straight into your backliner weapons because screw them specifically for not using an Aerospray or Jr.
Yeah, that's been a good portion of my run this fest. :mad: Also being ad hoc team slayer with every non-slaying role weapon in existence, watching your teammates ignore or avoid enemies to just turf, even in situations they can win just by sneezing on them, avoiding chargers even when the charger is avoiding them, and running to go off fighting but losing every fight...

I went through nearly three tickets, almost half-dozen x10 battles and lost every one, occasionally matched with actual newish players under level 30--even some under or barely over level 10, repeatedly spawn camped, and the list goes on.

This has to be my worst Splatfest ever!

Yet... I won. I still feel unsatisfied by the whole thing... but Team Waffles won? :confused:

At least I can say we likely have a healthy amount of fresh sushi for the foreseeable future. Say hi to them when you see them. =T

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
My little brother, Prince wanted to choose Team Pancake so I tagged along with him. We didn't win but he's been having fun so that's what counts.
Your brother’s name is Prince? That’s so cool. I’m a Prince fan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom