• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Patch 2.9.0

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
... that sounds more like a new kind of bucket than a roller, if I'm honest.
Basically is, those two weapon types aren't too far away after all. But as long as it keeps its rolling system and design, it would be classified as a roller. Rollers and sloshers are not set apart by range, damage output or frame data due to the many exceptions that are also still classified as rollers. Such as the Inkbrush with its very low damage output and the Dynamo with its range.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
That's what I usually do as well. Unless I'm surprise-sniped by an E-Liter from afar, I will take them out with one of my other weapons, no matter the weapon. It's usually pretty successful when you pressure them up close and I love to do that. :p
There are some truly amazing eliter users still in this game, though most of these guys are in the top tiers and would be equally good with any other weapon should they choose to use it. But I'm also amazed still how much less viable eliters are these days post nerfing. The inability to pressure from in the field at all (or at least it's amazing inferiority in that usage, now, to splatterscope, especially since splatterscope got a range buff that brings it darned close to the unscoped eliters range) and on the flip side, since eliters are now pretty fixed as a perch sniper and unable to perform from "in the field" so well anymore, I find it a lot easier to countersnipe or flank, in general, most opposing eliters than before, as they're so much more fixed on holding full charges now. That's the one time using H3 is just funny. Going after eliters with it is a comedy as they always underestimate its range, and eliters and hydras are the only weapons that can't reliably jank away from it's painfully slow barrage :P

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
You can at least count on more E-Liters nowadays, thanks to all of the nerfings weeding out the people who just used them for Burst bombs and junk.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Bubble and Kraken gets most of their kills when it's first activated so now if you somehow not get the kill when you pop it, you have less time to chase which is honestly a nice balance tweak. Dynamo nerf is whatever, just aim and a fifth of a second ink recovery nerf isn't ideal but I think they want to promote a more defensive playstyle of the Dynamo.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
The update just dropped last night and I got a chance to play some heavy dynamo teams in ranked. I know the update was probably completed weeks back for testing, but it almost seems as though Nintendo read my complaint here. :-)

I am finding it easier to wipe out dynamo users because unless I am caught off guard, I can run/swim under shots now. Globs of random flying ink don't instant splat me either. It knocks a good percentage of health so I can retreat but no more 1-shot splats. Even though the tweaks seem little, they have made a big difference. Was playing Tower Control as the first ranked game after the update and using Kraken (or team mates using Bubble) I really didn't notice a big difference with the duration. It did seem a little shorter than normal but I guess some duration up abilities can make it last noticeably longer now.

I have noticed a new bug that I've never seen before. Super Jump landing spots that pop up but then disappear and no player lands? At least twice I was waiting for an enemy to land for an easy splat and no landing and the SJ spot just disappears??

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The update just dropped last night and I got a chance to play some heavy dynamo teams in ranked. I know the update was probably completed weeks back for testing, but it almost seems as though Nintendo read my complaint here. :)

I am finding it easier to wipe out dynamo users because unless I am caught off guard, I can run/swim under shots now. Globs of random flying ink don't instant splat me either. It knocks a good percentage of health so I can retreat but no more 1-shot splats. Even though the tweaks seem little, they have made a big difference. Was playing Tower Control as the first ranked game after the update and using Kraken (or team mates using Bubble) I really didn't notice a big difference with the duration. It did seem a little shorter than normal but I guess some duration up abilities can make it last noticeably longer now.

I have noticed a new bug that I've never seen before. Super Jump landing spots that pop up but then disappear and no player lands? At least twice I was waiting for an enemy to land for an easy splat and no landing and the SJ spot just disappears??
In tower control, if someone super jumps to an ally on the tower and the tower moves, the cirkel appears below where the tower used to be and as they're about to land, the superjump cirkel moves to the tower. It's a bug that's been there since launch i think. Unless yoy weren't playing tower control, in which case i don't know what it is.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
It was in a Tower Control game, but they were not near the track. It was out in a battle area away from the Tower itself (or track) and that is why I thought it was weird. I think it was lagged created (perhaps a new bug), because what happened to leading up to it was an enemy is splatted and then I see the SJ icon where the next one will land so it was like they were initiating a super jump to that enemy player, they got splatted so it canceled the SJ but left the icon? This might be a bug that others have already seen before, first time I've ever seen it. Wasted some time waiting for the player to land (LOL) before I finally moved on wondering just what happened.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The chime of death that is the Bubble pop is still a thing in patch 2.9. lol

Other than that, it didn't seem that much difference from my first playthorugh of it. The dynamo will still ruin yo' show.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Are most of the updates most noticeable in ranked? I can't seem to tell what changed too much in Turf Wars.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i use dynamo as my second main weapon i used it all night i actually really don't notice any difference.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
As I think it was mentioned, Bubbler nerf will not be a big deal for those who frequently use the special. If you didn't accomplish your Bubbler goals within the first 2-3 seconds of activating it, you probably bubbled at a ****ty time anyway. It might hurt me in matches later down the road but I haven't been affected by it so far.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Still getting a feel for the update.

I think that krakens are ignoring me a lot sooner if they can't catch me or counter my counterattack quickly.

But I am starting to notice a few slight changes in the dynamo, such as when I fling ink in an ocean of enemy ink, my barrage no longer earns a random splat from anywhere but it's extreme edges. Now the barrage has to directly land on them for the splat or else I just flush them out of hiding.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
ive been playing against a few dynamos today. i haven't noticed any different in the effective centre, i still feel like i'm getting unfairly killed, but that's probably just on me since i charge at dynamos like a fool :p

BUT. i am noticing dynamos running out of ink more than usual. so that's pretty cool?

Kodinami

Inkling
I am honestly really upset about that Kraken nerf.. I know it's just a second but that's a loss of a second that I'll probably never get used to.. Might as well start building gear in special duration to finally be comfortable again

Ansible

Community Ambassador
BUT. i am noticing dynamos running out of ink more than usual. so that's pretty cool?
Oh no it's not. xP

Especially with yesterday's deathmatch happy turf warriors that leave me to ink the map by myself, and fighting back the occasional n-zap and aerospray krakens. x_X

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Well I actually think the bubble nerf may be a slight buff in a way. Because the way I play, I use bubble to solo push a lot, then it means, I get my bubble, use it for kills, and I am back to charging it again .5 seconds sooner. Many bubble weapons get used this way, sometimes you share the bubble, but far more often you use it by yourself, or saving 1 teammate, so the change doesn't really hurt it. The kraken nerf felt like it wasn't really needed, and they really should make special duration have an even greater effect for kraken, since it can only get to 8 seconds max, before it could get to 8.4, while bubble can now achieve a greater duration with special duration, but as I said, I don't think special duration is good for bubbler.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Oh no it's not. xP

Especially with yesterday's deathmatch happy turf warriors that leave me to ink the map by myself, and fighting back the occasional n-zap and aerospray krakens. x_X
well, it isn't cool if YOU'RE the dynamo ;)

i kinda sympathize though, i think the dynamo just suffers in being broken by design. it's either "OP", or completely useless. i wish we could get a rehaul like described above, but that sure isn't gonna happen.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Okay, some weird stuff has been happening to me and I don't know if it's related to the update or a hack, but I can't explain it.

I was in a match earlier (like half an hour ago) and everything seemed fine at first. About a minute into the match, I get splatted out of nowhere, so I think 'Well the entire lobby is Japanese sans me, so it's just the usual lag'. Then the screen pans to the one who splatted me, and what it showed was really weird.

They were in squid form in the superjumping position, and all I could see around them was light blue, like they were falling through the map. I was really confused, but continued playing. About 30 seconds later, I get splatted from seemingly nowhere again, and I see the same thing: a frozen squid in the SJ position falling through the map. So I go somewhere and just watch the field. I see ink appearing out of nowhere in large splotches (they were a dynamo), and I just start shooting at where they were coming from, and get splatted again. Same thing. I sit at spawn and here comes the invisible roller, rolling around our base. He ended with 12/1, so obviously someone was able to splat him (or he fell in the water).

I assumed this was a hacker, so I blocked the user and continued play. A few matches later, the same thing happened with someone else, but they were a Tentatek. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but they were both at Mahi-Mahi Resort, and both were Japanese players.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Okay, some weird stuff has been happening to me and I don't know if it's related to the update or a hack, but I can't explain it.

I was in a match earlier (like half an hour ago) and everything seemed fine at first. About a minute into the match, I get splatted out of nowhere, so I think 'Well the entire lobby is Japanese sans me, so it's just the usual lag'. Then the screen pans to the one who splatted me, and what it showed was really weird.

They were in squid form in the superjumping position, and all I could see around them was light blue, like they were falling through the map. I was really confused, but continued playing. About 30 seconds later, I get splatted from seemingly nowhere again, and I see the same thing: a frozen squid in the SJ position falling through the map. So I go somewhere and just watch the field. I see ink appearing out of nowhere in large splotches (they were a dynamo), and I just start shooting at where they were coming from, and get splatted again. Same thing. I sit at spawn and here comes the invisible roller, rolling around our base. He ended with 12/1, so obviously someone was able to splat him (or he fell in the water).

I assumed this was a hacker, so I blocked the user and continued play. A few matches later, the same thing happened with someone else, but they were a Tentatek. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but they were both at Mahi-Mahi Resort, and both were Japanese players.

this looks like hackers probably, not the patch, not my video either, so i can't say for certain

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
If you're not feeling a difference with the dynamo, that means you or the person you're up against knows how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom