• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Patch 7.2.0 is here!

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I don't know how other people feel about this patch but I like it. To my understanding the three biggest things people have taken issue with balance-wise are Snipewriter/Tacticooler, Trizooka, and Kraken cheese, the latter of those got completely removed and the other two got....taps on the wrist.

At least they show that Nintendo's aware of the problems. I don't think a triple-a development team is going to understand this game's nuance to the same degree as its players. Even if we might think the common consensus is to like nerf pencil or give Trizooka startup, I'm sure the developers aren't able to get to every message in the community and might be hearing all sorts of different opinions within there.

Only real complaints are N-ZAP '89 being 170p for some reason, probably because '85 is everywhere and Chumps are good in Turf War but '89 is nowhere to be seen, and Splattercolor Screen getting zero accessibility changes as opposed to a buff that does absolutely zero for it. Pretty good patch though.

NO STAMPER NERF BTW LET'S FREAKING GOOOOOOOO

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I have a lot of thoughts so I'll list them here.

• The buffs seem good honestly. I don't know much about those shooters so I don't know how good the buffs are for them but the rest of the weapons will definitely feel better to use. It seems like they increased the blast radius for S-Blast's long range mode as well so I'm happy about that.
  • I don't like that they buffed Big Bubbler by making it take less damage on it's weak spots. It won't help against specials shredding it so all it does is make it harder to shred for main weapons with slow DPS. It'll also be better on Tower than before.
  • Splattercolor Screen damage buff is good but I'm worried that they're going to start trying to give it to weapons just for a potential damage combo which isn't what the point of the special is.
  • TRIPLE SPLASHDOWN NERF LMAOOO
  • I think the Kraken change is fine but I would have preferred that they got rid of super jumping with the power clam in general. I still say that jumping with it should make it drop when you land the same way it drops after using Reefslider. Either way, this should still be a good change so Kraken can't brute force into an area and take its team with it.
  • N-Zap '89, Carbon Roller, Splat Charger, and Dapple Dualies all shouldn't have had their pfs decreased. I have a strong opinion on no weapon in this game being below 180p regardless of the weapon class. SCU already makes it easy for a lot of weapons to become focused on special spam so having a 170p weapon means we're now playing a game where you can have someone with a 150p special which is insane. It also seems like a bandage for the real reason a lot of these weapons struggle, their kit. Chumps is just not a great special right now, Carbon Roller with Zip/Autobomb isn't amazing, and Dapple Dualies is doomed with a kit it'll never work with even if it's sub and special is good. They can't lower their pfs to fix that.
  • Pencil getting its pfs increased is great but why did they make RB 210p and Squeezer 220p?? Similarly to how I said that I don't think any weapon should be below 180p I also think that no weapon should be 220p. Also RB isn't even good because of Wavebreaker? Why did they nerf the amount of times it'll get its special like it was an important part of why its strong??
  • WHERE'S MACHINE 210P?? I'M STUCK WITH TWO SUBS OF SCU FOREVER NOW NOOOO

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I have a lot of thoughts so I'll list them here.

• The buffs seem good honestly. I don't know much about those shooters so I don't know how good the buffs are for them but the rest of the weapons will definitely feel better to use. It seems like they increased the blast radius for S-Blast's long range mode as well so I'm happy about that.
  • I don't like that they buffed Big Bubbler by making it take less damage on it's weak spots. It won't help against specials shredding it so all it does is make it harder to shred for main weapons with slow DPS. It'll also be better on Tower than before.
  • Splattercolor Screen damage buff is good but I'm worried that they're going to start trying to give it to weapons just for a potential damage combo which isn't what the point of the special is.
  • TRIPLE SPLASHDOWN NERF LMAOOO
  • I think the Kraken change is fine but I would have preferred that they got rid of super jumping with the power clam in general. I still say that jumping with it should make it drop when you land the same way it drops after using Reefslider. Either way, this should still be a good change so Kraken can't brute force into an area and take its team with it.
  • N-Zap '89, Carbon Roller, Splat Charger, and Dapple Dualies all shouldn't have had their pfs decreased. I have a strong opinion on no weapon in this game being below 180p regardless of the weapon class. SCU already makes it easy for a lot of weapons to become focused on special spam so having a 170p weapon means we're now playing a game where you can have someone with a 150p special which is insane. It also seems like a bandage for the real reason a lot of these weapons struggle, their kit. Chumps is just not a great special right now, Carbon Roller with Zip/Autobomb isn't amazing, and Dapple Dualies is doomed with a kit it'll never work with even if it's sub and special is good. They can't lower their pfs to fix that.
  • Pencil getting its pfs increased is great but why did they make RB 210p and Squeezer 220p?? Similarly to how I said that I don't think any weapon should be below 180p I also think that no weapon should be 220p. Also RB isn't even good because of Wavebreaker? Why did they nerf the amount of times it'll get its special like it was an important part of why its strong??
  • WHERE'S MACHINE 210P?? I'M STUCK WITH TWO SUBS OF SCU FOREVER NOW NOOOO
All of this.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
It also seems like a bandage for the real reason a lot of these weapons struggle, their kit. Chumps is just not a great special right now, Carbon Roller with Zip/Autobomb isn't amazing, and Dapple Dualies is doomed with a kit it'll never work with even if it's sub and special is good. They can't lower their pfs to fix that.
To be fair though, what could they change to fix it?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
To be fair though, what could they change to fix it?
That's the issue, I don't think there is honestly. They're just stuck with what they have now which sucks but that's why it's so important for weapons to at least get a kit that works well enough. N-Zap 89' could probably be good if Chumps was good but Cooler and Beakon are a great sub and special combination and they still don't work with Dapples. We really just need 3rd kits I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom